Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 07:00 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,204,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then you are on the right track, Nation should always take precedent over any Party or Politician, you see The Donald as good for this Nation, I see him as a BS Artist with no experience or real depth with a small set of rabid supporters that are willing to ignore any facts that show The Donald for what he is and ready to attack anyone that dares question the new "Savior". We shall see.
Time will certainly tell and lets all hope and pray for the very best results for all of us as we ALL ARE AMERICANS living in this great nation of ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 07:02 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
There's not much gaining in politics these days - just like trying changing the face of the person who's POTUS that it might make a positive difference. The only difference this time is that you have a wealthy candidate that is self funding his campaign.
And as he proves himself to be just another 'do as I say, not as I do' politician, what's the difference who's paying for his campaign?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And as he proves himself to be just another 'do as I say, not as I do' politician, what's the difference who's paying for his campaign?
True of course - time will certainly tell.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:07 AM

Quote:
True of course - time will certainly tell.
I see no need to wait, the fact he has had no problem hawking a clothing line made in China and now whines about China stealing jobs shows his true (lack of) character.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I see no need to wait, the fact he has had no problem hawking a clothing line made in China and now whines about China stealing jobs shows his true (lack of) character.
We could nitpick any candidate - they're all not perfect.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
NONE of them are perfect, I just find it amusing (and amazingly short-sighted) when Donny is portrayed as being somehow different.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
No, they're not all perfect but at least we should all want one who tries to be moral, ethical and sets a good example for the people of our country, not to mention he/she should be smart enough to grasp our nuanced world which Trump cannot and never will be able to do. We need someone to be a leader of everyone....not just the crude, the thoughtless, the bigots and angry subsections of society.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:44 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xm_1039 View Post
Donald Trump's supporters, or the "Trumpies" as I call them, insist that the White House is theirs to lose. Whole I credit Trump for gain some loyal, passionate supporters, they don't realize is that he is vehemently disliked by most of America as well as a large share of Republicans. Lastly, America will never elect him President.

Yeah OK.

I want to hear from his supporters on why they think he is going to win. For one, he has no qualifications as well as hasn't offered anything resembling a plan to the American People on addressing any real serious issues. All he does is brag endlessly about his poll numbers (which mean little at this point, and he isn't beating any Democrat nationally) and himself.

He might be the Republican nominee, but he doesn't have a prayer in a national election, especially against Hillary Clinton. If he is nominated, I see two major groups lining up against him hard: Women, and Hispanics. They will turn out in DROVES to vote against him.

I look forward to their angry rants on social media on election night when he isn't elected President.

Note* I am non-partisan and non-ideological. I don't vote and I don't care who wins or what party as my family and I are well off regardless. I am here strictly for the commentary.

Well, it's true I don't think they see outside their bubble. I do not think he can win a national election and neither does the GOP establishment.

Quote:
Did you register just to post this? Hopefully you're for real.

The dems will cheat the vote and they'll win unfairly as usual.

I hope not though.

TRUMP = Just for starters: successful in business and knows the politicians of DC and leaders of much of the world.
Quote:
Believe me if an "R" cheats the "D's" cry out and all would hear about it.

When a "D" does it "it's okay".

Those graphs don't offer clarity/explanation.
Well. Lining up excuses for the big loss already???? Isn't it a little soon?

Even you don't think Trump can win.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:49 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, they're not all perfect but at least we should all want one who tries to be moral, ethical .....
Which candidate do you think has these qualities if not Trump? And will you vote for said candidate?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Which candidate do you think has these qualities if not Trump? And will you vote for said candidate?
How many Republicans are still running? 10-12? Of those there are probably four I would consider moral and ethical and would at least try to set a good example for the people of our country as a well as being smart enough to understand our nuanced world. Trump is not one of them. I have not decided, yet, who I will vote for...a lot can happen between now and election day but who wins the Republican primaries matters to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections