Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 04:02 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
He is not proposing common sense policies. He is saying what everyone wants to hear, but he has never been pinned down to provide substantive explanations about how the ideas that he has would be implemented through the congressional process. He speaks in generalities that connect with his supporters, so they don't push for details. Trump is doing exactly what Obama did when he was campaigning and if it works and Trump is elected, we will experience the same leadership from Trump that we have from Obama.
What other candidates (Democrat or Republican) are offering detailed specifics, and can you present some of them here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And I hate both Obama and Trump, for the record.
Hate is harmful to the soul. However, if you are going to "hate" anyone, then "hate" terrorists, murderers and other evil people.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:25 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Trump is growing on me - because he calls it like it is. So he admits he doesn't check his sources - neither does Obama - he just reads the teleprompter - if his staff gets something wrong - no worries - he'll send Josh Ernest to explain it away.
Then don't vote for Obama.
What? He's not running?………… never mind.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Trump is spending his money, not the money of Washington insiders. Hillary, insider money, special interest money and the Clinton Foundation also stinks to high heaven.

Hillary is very rich but because being rich is not popular amongst the base she has attempted to hide her wealth, Trump is also very rich but despite it's unpopularity among the left's base he is honest and tells the truth.

Hillary is all Washington deception, spin and hiding, Trump is put it out there like it or not.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
One of my favorites about Trump is his attack on the Democrat playbook. Early on Democrats were trying to use the attacks on being rich twice with Hillary claiming "we were broke", it was pathetic pandering. Trump kicked that playbook in the garbage and said "I am very, very rich".

oh ooo Dems... LOL

Old 12-16-2015, 09:40 AM

639 posts, read 579,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Every time we vote for a President we take a chance. Seven years ago I told my wife not to vote for Obama. But she saw one little Black kid and thought that he needed a positive roll model. She now regrets her mistake! I did not vote for him simply because I hated his stance on immigration and he did not prove me wrong.

This time we supposedly know that we have a candidate that wants to put legal Americans first. We have been in the back seat to special interest fighting for cheap labor for the last few decades. Our unions have been destroyed in the private sector and they have flourished in the civil service sector. Nobody speaks for the working class (as much as the Democrats, long ago, were known for that). Heck, until it becomes a major problem, nobody even knows that we have homeless in our Country - they have taken back seat to the immigrants. We know we cannot trust our government on our unemployment figures because they have dropped so many from the rolls. Any way we are fast becoming a nation where temporary work is the norm instead of just a distant possibility.

If people worry about their jobs and the future of our Nation; we need to vote for change. We only have three candidates that are relatively 'free' of special interest. Only one of those three is in striking distance of the Presidency. I am a registered Independent, and if it looked like a close horse race in the primaries, I would be willing to register Republican just to give him a better chance.
You got it!

Old 12-16-2015, 10:26 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Trump rallies are attracting the worst of the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9XZv5mbFg

Old 12-16-2015, 10:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump rallies are attracting the worst of the worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9XZv5mbFg
Reminds me of Obama's campaign to be honest.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:52 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then again, many are yelling Allahu Akbar under Obama.
1) Prove it.

2) Why deflect from what I brought up insteaf of confronting what took place at Trump's rally?

Old 12-17-2015, 12:36 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
1) Prove it.

2) Why deflect from what I brought up insteaf of confronting what took place at Trump's rally?
Why? Because too many conservatives just don't know how to give up on Obama. They love him too much to ever quit hating on him. Or vice versa. Either way is just as addicting as the other to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections