Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:44 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,759,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
So what? You can always find some fringe individuals in any group at all that support people against their interests. Nothing new here.

That said, the gay side of me is neutral on this one. Trump has not said a single thing about gay people.

Someone just said that not all gay people are one issue voters. What good is the right to marry in a state with declining liberties, hopeless debt and ever increasing taxes? Crumbling infrastructure, military's hands tied, jobs exported, foreigners pouring in, terrorists among them, terror states allowed to continue with our blessing, race hustlers being invited to the White House numerous times, and the leader and most powerful person in the world flies around the globe with family and entourage at taxpayer's expense, the list is endless. Maybe a strong leader might put a stop to some of these outrages, instead of just getting elected and saying to him or herself "My turn to be King (or Queen)"!

There ARE other things to consider besides acknowledging the rejection feelings that all gay people have experienced. Don't expect any president to acknowledge and pay attention to every group that exists. That's God's area of expertise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 11:11 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What does being gay have to do with anything?
It does if Trump had stayed in the Republican box. You have to check every box to stay in the tent.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh it's happened before. And King Hillary shares much in common with Walter Mondale. And a woman was on the ticket as VP too.

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/n....php?year=1984
have you forgotten who he ran against? There is one thing to be popular (which Trump really is not, personality wise anyway) and another to be a sitting President, who was admired, if nothing else. He had already proved he could reach across the aisle, was well liked and well known throughout the world and had a proven record. Like Trump or hate him, he is no Ronald Reagan. I have to wonder, from some of your comments if you were even old enough to remember Reagan's presidency?

Old 01-02-2016, 11:38 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course there are Dems, independents, gays, straights, agnostics, atheists, blacks, whites. etc that are voting for him or endorsing him. The point the OP seemed to be making and I responded to was his playing the group card, as if to say: hay guys, even gays support Trump, so that makes him the best choice and my point was: just because one person or a few support a candidate really doesn't mean a thing. Youtubes mean almost nothing, except for good entertainment and even worse his comment means absolutely nothing.

I would love to see the gauntlet thrown in the face of DC. I would love to see a landslide for Trump and our 'professional' politicians to be shaking in their shoes. Too many years of the same old - we need a change.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:33 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,800 times
Excellent video. Gay people, like anyone else, don't want America to devolve into a third world country with crumbling infrastructure, stagnant wages, chronic unemployment, and millions of foreigners breaking our laws.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:46 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,162 times
I'll never understand why more gays don't stand against the Democrats, and why more Republicans don't embrace gays. We should be concerned about all the violently homophobic "refugees" coming here from the Islamic World. If Republicans stopped whining about gay marriage, which already is a done deal, they'd probably have several hundred thousand more votes.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:49 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump's Bad Deal for Equality | GLAAD

Gays, being a group traditionally persecuted, it made me think of this famous quote:

Mick
Then shouldn't it be odd that gays are continuing to vote for Democrats, who plan to bring in droves and droves of people from Muslim countries that want to kill them?

Old 01-02-2016, 06:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
I'm gay too, but I can't support Trump. He doesn't have the temperament I expect to find in a president. Calling everyone who disagrees with you "stupid" and other derogatory names doesn't impress me at all. It's a sign of emotional immaturity.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
So he admits he has "little money" but he's going to donate $$ to Trump.....knowing Trump is a billionaire.

Which goes to show that a gay Trump supporter is as dumb as a straight Trump supporter. Trump must laugh his socks off when he tells the chef on his private jet, "I'll have the prime rib" knowing the people sending him their money are standing in line at Burger King.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:58 PM

31,015 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm gay too, but I can't support Trump. He doesn't. ave the temperament I expect to find in a president. Calling everyone who disagrees with you "stupid" and other derogatory names doesn't impress me at all. It's a sign of emotional immaturity.
Makes you wonder why we dont have any out spoken candidates that lack Trumps craziness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections