Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 07:45 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Mika Brezinski (MSNBC - Morning Joe) has let loose with a "gaff" (accidentally telling the truth) about the media coverage of Donald Trump. Once again, I am not a Donald Trump supporter. But at the same time, I am not stricken with T.D.S. the way so many of his opponents apparently are either. So I wanted to try and provide an "objective" take on this story.
Quote:
Mika Says MSM Can't Be Objective About Trump

Mika Brzezinski has let the cat out of the MSM bag. On today's Morning Joe, Mika admitted that the press corps covering Donald Trump can't be objective about him: "it's like their skin is crawling."

Brzezinski said reporters "ooze with a lack of objectivity" when covering Trump, adding "you can sort of see it in their kind of like smiling, sort of slyly and uncomfortably and almost snarkily while they're reporting on his rallies." Of course, what is true about MSM coverage of Trump has been true of the way the liberal media covered many Republicans. Does anyone think, for instance, that the MSM gave a fair shake to Mitt Romney or George W. Bush?
The media's bafflement at Trump supporter's imperviousness to the media's coordinated attacks on "The Donald" is baffling to me. So, let me try to explain what is happening here.

Trump supporters know very well that the media lacks objectivity and that the people in it are as partisan, biased and untrustworthy as any people that can be found in our country today. Further, the media attacks on Trump are nearly all along the fault line of the Democratic left's expectations of "political correct" speech and behavior, with anyone who dares to defy the very selectively applied standards is vilified and attacked with what frequently appears to be coordinated campaigns to ruin these people's lives.

What the media and the hard left in this country do not seem to understand is that most Americans despise this "political correctness" culture and they do not accept the left's authority to impose it on them or on our society. They reject this vile crap and the people who attempt to orchestrate it, including these agenda-driven propaganda hounds in the establishment media.

So when the leftist media responds to Trump with their now familiar knee-jerk name calling and personal attacks whenever he dares to violate their "political correct" speech codes, they regard the real problem there as being the media and the left, and their "political correctness" agenda.

Also, please note that while I do not support Trump, I do not support the left's "political correctness" agenda. So do not think for a second that the resentment and rejection of this fascist agenda championed by the Democratic left is in any way limited to Donald Trump supporters. It isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 07:55 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
I noticed this too, but moreso with the 'right' wing media.

I used to respect libertarian Krauthammer. He would comment on politicians and issues in a disconnected intellectual way, that was his gift. Very stoic.

When he talks about Trump, he becomes emotional and animated in such a way that he seems to genuinely dislike the guy; it's personal.

I think Trump is the character among his peers who everyone thinks is beneath them. The guy in the group who doesn't subscribe to the sort of snobbery that keeps you in the circle.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Yes, I sense contempt on the part of some journalists when they are talking about Mr. Trump. I heard this on another political show on the radio over the weekend, but the panelist on that show noted that reporters have taken offense to personal attacks against them by Mr. Trump. The most famous one is Serge Kovaleski from the NYT. That's the handicapped gentleman. He didn't attack Mr. Trump, but he didn't agree with Mr. Trump on the debunked "thousands and thousands" comment. It's hard to not take that personally if you are Mr. Kovaleski.

But that's not all. Here is just a limited sampling:

Quote:
"Third rate reporters Amy Chock (CNN) and Maggie Habermas (NYT) of the failing @nytimes are totally in the Hillary circle of bias. Think about Bill!" he tweeted.

".@meetthepress and @chucktodd very dishonest in not showing the new @CNN Poll where I am at 39%, 21points higher than Cruz. Be honest Chuck!" reads another.

".@HallieJackson Why didn't you report Hillary lying about the ISIS video. Bad reporting. Perhaps @NBC will do better next year-but doubt it!" he added.
He called Charles Krauthammer (Fox) "a jerk" who "just sits there" (he is a paraplegic). On George Will (Fox): "I have a higher IQ than George Will."

Gee, it would be quite a challenge to maintain a journalistic integrity when someone calls you a hack, crippled or dumbass. And of course, other journalists don't like it when their colleagues and buddies get attacked like that. And also, Mr. Trump denied that Putin had tons of journalists murdered. Journalists are people, too, and they have feelings. lol

Mick

Old 01-04-2016, 08:29 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

I used to respect libertarian Krauthammer. He would comment on politicians and issues in a disconnected intellectual way, that was his gift. Very stoic.

When he talks about Trump, he becomes emotional and animated in such a way that he seems to genuinely dislike the guy; it's personal.

I think Trump is the character among his peers who everyone thinks is beneath them. The guy in the group who doesn't subscribe to the sort of snobbery that keeps you in the circle.
Krauthammer is still the most insightful and most brilliant political analyst in our nation today and has been for many years now. He is wrong about this, but as a human being, it is part of who he is as a human being. We are all wrong now and again. That is just an unfortunate but unalterable part of the human condition.

What you say is true to the extent that many establishment Republicans arguably loathe Donald Trump as much if not more in some cases than the hard left does. However, you do not see these establishment Republican apologists engaging in the smear campaigns, the race-baiting, and name-calling, and calling him out for violations of the left's "political correctness" speech codes.

In the case of the Republican establishment types, it is my sense that Trump supporters dismiss their terse eruptions as sour grapes from self-interested group of people that ARE the problem far more than they are likely to be the source of any solution and who are in the process of being kicked to the curb because of that.

The Republican establishment types are concerned about Trump's "electability" in a general election and do not believe that he can win a national election. I think they might be right about that. However, they regard that as a problem because it would take power away from them - a clearly corrupt and self-serving Republican establishment - which they do not want for very selfish reasons. This is where they and conservatives like me part ways. The establishment wing of the Republican party desperately needs to be reformed, which a non-establishment Republican president would hopefully help to achieve.

Leftists on the other hand hate Trump because he is an offense to their expectation of carefully regulated speech and behavior that is fully compliant and subservient to their own self-serving political agenda. They regard Trump as something like a virus within our society that must be destroyed. As are we all if we do not conform and submit to their "political correctness" agenda.

No wonder people are telling the media and the Democratic left to go stuff themselves on this.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Leftists on the other hand hate Trump because he is an offense to their expectation of carefully regulated speech and behavior that is fully compliant and subservient to their own self-serving political agenda. They regard Trump as something like a virus within our society that must be destroyed. As are we all if we do not conform and submit to their "political correctness" agenda.
Or, perhaps, an attack on decency, decorum and intelligence. You know, stuff they teach in school, church, home and so on.

Mick

Old 01-04-2016, 08:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
They dislike Trump because they know they can't get under his skin. They dislike Trump because they know he doesn't need them.

They've tried and tried to bring him down and it's done nothing.......what this is telling them is that the media has changed. That they are no longer needed for people to get their information. They know this means their days are numbered.

In a generation the Sunday morning political shows will all be gone.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:40 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post

Kraut, like most of the FOX Gang, is full of bogus Hubris...he's so Smug

That's why you see that reaction from Krauthammer. Trump's an embarrassment to Kraut's bull PC concept.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They've tried and tried to bring him down and it's done nothing.......what this is telling them is that the media has changed. That they are no longer needed for people to get their information. They know this means their days are numbered.

In a generation the Sunday morning political shows will all be gone.
Hear ye, hear ye. All we need are Rush, Alex Jones and blogs run by middle-aged guys residing in their mom's basement.

Mick

Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hear ye, hear ye. All we need are Rush, Alex Jones and blogs run by middle-aged guys residing in their mom's basement.

Mick
If you are unable to find more than that you need to learn how your browser works. There is a whole world out there.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:08 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Yes, the same MSM that clamors to have Trump on every sunday morning show, every talk show known to man, hosting SNL and calling into the most watched morning show on a nearly daily basis can't be objective about him. Please... They are giving Trump more exposure and leaway (or rope depending on how you look at it) than any candidate in modern history.

The only "MSM" that seems to be in a negative tizzy about Trump is FOX News and their surrogates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections