Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Ted Cruz & Bernie Sanders Survive after SC?
No - Their Goose will be cooked by Trump & Hillary 15 33.33%
Yes - There is always Hope. 30 66.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 10:57 AM

658 posts, read 1,144,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
For me I'd vote for Trump over Hillary simply because I feel Hillary will sell out the American people for her own self interests and do it will a condescending demeanor. Trump at least will always try to put the USA first and he'll do it by adding a lot of excitement.
Like when Trump went through his business bankruptcies which added to the national debt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 11:22 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,985,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Could be but Clinton has spent her entire life from the time she was a college student advocating for low income people.
She really hasnt. She is a corporate democrat. Sanders is an FDR and Truman democrat. Just look at the donor list through the careers of these two people. Clinton is funded by Wall Street and media elites, while Sanders is all about unions and individual contributions from ordinary people. Sanders has a familiarity problem, but not a policy problem to overcome to win over low income people.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:44 PM

752 posts, read 568,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
"If Cruz wins IA, SC will probably follow. Conservative religious voters in SC aren't too fond of Trump's "New York values""
Were they fond of Newt Gingrich's take on marital fidelity (or Catholicism) in 2012? No, the dirty little secret about Evangelicals, most of whom happen to be Southerners, is that race / fear of the 'other' (blacks, Muslims, etc.) often trumps religious convictions. Check the polls — Trump is doing extremely well among Evangelicals at the moment.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:48 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,209,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Were they fond of Newt Gingrich's take on marital fidelity (or Catholicism) in 2012? No, the dirty little secret about Evangelicals, most of whom happen to be Southerners, is that race / fear of the 'other' (blacks, Muslims, etc.) often trumps religious convictions. Check the polls — Trump is doing extremely well among Evangelicals at the moment.
I think you are underestimating how uninformed many of those supporters are. There are now two less after I showed them the "New York values" clip where old Donald unequivocally supports partial-birth abortion. One actually sputtered.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:57 PM

752 posts, read 568,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
"I think you are underestimating how uninformed many of those supporters are. There are now two less after I showed them the "New York values" clip where old Donald unequivocally supports partial-birth abortion. One actually sputtered."
I'm happy to hear that and I hope it's suggestive rather than simply anecdotal. Because it's considerably more disturbing to think that an immense number of politically conservative Evangelicals are mostly devoid of genuine principles. I can respect John MacArthur; Ralph Reed, not so much.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,437,924 times
I don't expect a clear outcome until after Super Tuesday.

The Republicans have so many candidates I think it will be difficult for a clear frontrunner to emerge until then, and the Sanders-Clinton race is closing so fast that the same can be said about the Democratic party.

This election year could easily become one where a consistent runner-up wins more delegates that winners of various primaries do. Coming in second cleared the field for Romney in 2012; second place allowed him more momentum and room to move. Santorum won the caucuses, but Mitt narrowly won Iowa, Romney won New Hampshire, and Gingrich won S. Carolina. But Mitt was very close in Iowa, and he won Florida, a crucial win in delegate numbers.
Santorum won 3 more states afterward, and Gingrich won 7, but going in to Super Tuesday, Mitt had all the momentum and captured 6 more states.
The delegate numbers count. Who gets the mostest wins. In the end, Mitt had 45, Santorum 6, Paul 4 and Gingrich 2.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:15 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaderOCola View Post
Like when Trump went through his business bankruptcies which added to the national debt?
Business bankruptcies don't add to the national debt.

Not unless the government pays off the creditors.

There is no indication that happened with any of the Trump bankruptcies.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:56 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
This is what I expect might happen:

Iowa -- Cruz, Sanders

New Hampshire -- Trump, Sanders

South Carolina -- Cruz, Hillary

Florida -- Trump, Hillary

Nevada -- Trump, Hillary

My prediction: Trump wins -- unless he says something so outrageous that he turns off the whole country....
Very possible except that I expect Trump to win SC. He has had a huge presence there compared to almost none for Cruz.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:01 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,712,333 times
Quote:
Since a lot of people were economically affected by the bankruptcies, including things like unemployment... yeah, I can see where trumps' bankruptcies added to the national debt. Just not to his personal debt. Lucky guy.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:10 AM

658 posts, read 1,144,431 times
Quote:
apparently you think bankruptcy court costs nothing to operate.
I wish I lived in your fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections