Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:41 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,889,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They realize whatever anyone does its not going to be as bad as Obamacare.
Well with any luck, Sanders can actually turn that Obamacare into Medicaid for all. Then you'll really lose your marbles. The fact that you can write such a ridiculous thing, like Trump knows ANYTHING about healthcare for the little people, tells me everything I need to know about you. Just another Trump supporter driving a Kia.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:48 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,419,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That's absurd. It's perfectly acceptable to question and express criticism over the idea of proposed policies that are doomed to fail. People don't have to accept future failure just because there's been previous failure.
That wasn't the initial point. You also have not pointed out any failure here because at this point in time you are unable to.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:52 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,419,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Well with any luck, Sanders can actually turn that Obamacare into Medicaid for all. Then you'll really lose your marbles.
My god....here is the problem from the other side. I support Bernie and his attempt here. Just because I Factually note that Obamacare is a complete mess and a failure does not mean I support Trump or I'm against Sanders.

I'm voting for Sanders.

Quote:
The fact that you can write such a ridiculous thing, like Trump knows ANYTHING about healthcare for the little people, tells me everything I need to know about you. Just another Trump supporter driving a Kia.
I have no clue if Trump knows anything about health care nor do I care as I'm not voting for him. His supporters figure anything he does is better than Obamacare and that isn't exactly a high bar to cross.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:52 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,889,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My god....here is the problem from the other side. I support Bernie and his attempt here. Just because I Factually note that Obamacare is a complete mess and a failure does not mean I support Trump or I'm against Sanders.

I'm voting for Sanders.

I have no clue if Trump knows anything about health care nor do I care as I'm not voting for him. His supporters figure anything he does is better than Obamacare and that isn't exactly a high bar to cross.
In that case, I recant all of my grumpiness

Old 01-17-2016, 10:15 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,152,028 times
Sanders is a lunatic. Free everything for everybody, YAAAAAY! NFW he has a shot.
With Hillary in Leavenworth, will O'Malley be their candidate?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:29 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,970,512 times
It will cost a lot less than what we're paying now under the private insurance system.

(Or in my case was paying. One of the reasons why I moved to Canada).

Old 01-17-2016, 10:34 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,463,579 times
Sheesh folks. Either people in the US should join the developed world, and provide medical care for our country, or we should act like some third world hell hole where we watch people die from lack of healthcare. Pick one.

If you've picked healthcare, then the way to provide it is via universal healthcare, not some abortion where we insert profit earning mega corporations in the middle whose only goal is profit. Its NOT driving healthcare costs down having them in the middle. As such they have failed to work as a capitalist function. Capitalism is not the best choice everywhere, just in most places. Its failed here. Time to pick a solution that works dont you think?

For those screaming "How will we pay for it! OMG RECESSION!" What utter nonsense. The rest of the world pays for it easily, at HALF the cost we do, while we have a significant portion of our population without medical. Maybe we should join them? You know, do this right? And do it cheaper?

Old 01-18-2016, 12:36 AM

19,034 posts, read 14,317,841 times
It's not that Americans are batsh!t crazy, but can you explain this:

FRB: How much U.S. currency is in circulation?
Q: How much U.S. currency is in circulation?
A: There was approximately $1.39 trillion in circulation as of September 30, 2015, of which $1.34 trillion was in Federal Reserve notes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...federal_budget
● 2014 Federal Deficit : $1,086 billion
● 2014 Debt Service : $229 billion
(approx. 18% of all circulating money is paid to the creditor, yearly)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_U...federal_budget
● 2014 Federal Budget $3.5 trillion
. . . . versus
● $1.34 trillion in circulation.

>> The amount of "legal tender" in circulation is $1.34 trillion.
>> The Federal government spends $3.5 trillion.
>> It borrowed $1.09 trillion and paid $0.23 trillion in interest.

SOMETHING.DOES.NOT.COMPUTE.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:43 AM

285 posts, read 177,512 times
Good. I always chuckle when the "America is #1, America can do anything!" crowd suddenly turn around and deny that a legitimate universal healthcare system is conceivable. Anything to mindlessly defend exploitative crony capitalist corporations, I guess.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:01 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,463,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It's not that Americans are batsh!t crazy, but can you explain this:

FRB: How much U.S. currency is in circulation?
Q: How much U.S. currency is in circulation?
A: There was approximately $1.39 trillion in circulation as of September 30, 2015, of which $1.34 trillion was in Federal Reserve notes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...federal_budget
● 2014 Federal Deficit : $1,086 billion
● 2014 Debt Service : $229 billion
(approx. 18% of all circulating money is paid to the creditor, yearly)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_U...federal_budget
● 2014 Federal Budget $3.5 trillion
. . . . versus
● $1.34 trillion in circulation.

>> The amount of "legal tender" in circulation is $1.34 trillion.
>> The Federal government spends $3.5 trillion.
>> It borrowed $1.09 trillion and paid $0.23 trillion in interest.

SOMETHING.DOES.NOT.COMPUTE.
Sure. You do not comprehend how a modern economy(or even most ancient ones) functions. Theres a huge difference between "money in circulation", and "money"

Hey we paid out trillions in wages last year. By your argument thats basically impossible too.

And all that being said....what does this have to do with the topic? Absolutely NOTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections