Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Interesting news story..

Donald Trump reclaims lead in latest Iowa Poll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 07:47 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
I'm surprised Trump has any sort of lead in Iowa, I never expected him to win there. I figured he'd come in second or third, declare a moral victory and move on.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:54 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
I don't understand hist lead either. Supposedly Iowa people hold their candidates to a high moral standard yet they'll vote for a three time divorced guy who would bring a First Lady into the White House who has posed naked in magazines and who openly cheated on his x-wives?

Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't understand hist lead either. Supposedly Iowa people hold their candidates to a high moral standard yet they'll vote for a three time divorced guy who would bring a First Lady into the White House who has posed naked in magazines and who openly cheated on his x-wives?
This isn't a values election this year, not when economists are mulling over the possibility of another recession.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:07 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
George Stephanopoulos just asked him about his plan for healthcare, and he avoided the explanation. Then George kept pressing and asked him his plan. He asked him at least four times.

He said "we will work something out." "We have to take care of them...If they have no money, we'll help them...We can't have them dying on the sidewalk."

Every time he was pressed on it, he said "repeal and replace" Obamacare. 'With what? he was asked.

No answer whatsoever. This guy has no plans. Just wants to 'close the deal.' Doesn't have a clue what he will do. He would be an absolute disaster--I can't believe people are believing his sales pitch when he has no real policies or plans.

All style--no substance. I find it depressing that people in this country could be so enthusiastic about a cipher with no experience.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:13 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
George Stephanopoulos just asked him about his plan for healthcare, and he avoided the explanation. Then George kept pressing and asked him his plan. He asked him at least four times.

He said "we will work something out." "We have to take care of them...If they have no money, we'll help them...We can't have them dying on the sidewalk."

Every time he was pressed on it, he said "repeal and replace" Obamacare. 'With what? he was asked.

No answer whatsoever. This guy has no plans. Just wants to 'close the deal.' Doesn't have a clue what he will do. He would be an absolute disaster--I can't believe people are believing his sales pitch when he has no real policies or plans.

All style--no substance. I find it depressing that people in this country could be so enthusiastic about a cipher with no experience.
It's not hard to believe.. Obama was elected twice.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:16 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
I found reading the breakdown very fascinating, and somewhat comforting. Mr. Trump better hope that as many of those other candidates as possible stay a long time in the race. In a head-to-head race, according to those polled, Cruz would stomp Trump, 53 to 35. Cruz and Rubio both had much higher numbers as being a second choice. While Bush had the highest unfavorable rating, Trump had the highest very unfavorable rating. He also had the highest "not okay" with him as the Republican nominee. Rubio and Carson continue to have the highest favorability ratings.

It is unlikely that Trump will be able to go into the convention as an automatic nominee.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:16 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It's not hard to believe.. Obama was elected twice.
Obama laid his plans out methodically and stuck to them as much as he could with an obstructionist congress. Also, I thought this thread was about Trump. Guess his fans deflect from the topic at hand as much as Trump does.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I found reading the breakdown very fascinating, and somewhat comforting. Mr. Trump better hope that as many of those other candidates as possible stay a long time in the race. In a head-to-head race, according to those polled, Cruz would stomp Trump, 53 to 35. Cruz and Rubio both had much higher numbers as being a second choice. While Bush had the highest unfavorable rating, Trump had the highest very unfavorable rating. He also had the highest "not okay" with him as the Republican nominee. Rubio and Carson continue to have the highest favorability ratings.

It is unlikely that Trump will be able to go into the convention as an automatic nominee.
I'm hoping some of them step down after Iowa and I think it would bring a clearer picture.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Trump could very well run the table in February: IA, NH, SC and NV.

He'd be hard to stop after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections