Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times

Advertisements

^^^ you are so getting audited if she wins.

That aside, they are crooks. I just think she's a bigger crook. Bill is just a good-old boy who likes trashy pu**y and fame. She's power hungry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 08:11 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
At least two of the flips were tails.
And whatever voodoo you think Clinton used, Bernie must have used the same since he also won 6 tosses.
You sir, do not understand simple statistics. I would refer you to "Stastics for Dummies" or other brief texts t understand this. The "Jethro Bodine School of 'Cipherin" also has a rudimentary explanation of simple statistics.

I can perfectly understand how and why you are a democrat. It is crystal clear to me.

God help our nation when there are registered voters, like yourself, whose vote is equal to mine. I know that the IQ of the average American is declining, but when I see it in action, it is painful to think about the sacrifice of my family (and my wife's family) who have been here since 1630.

Our nation is controlled by idiots. It is like having "Captain Peach Fuzz" at the helm of the Titanic.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,588 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It is you are displaying a willful ignorance. You can calculate statistics of anything including independent events taken together.

Did you ever take any stats or math?
took both passed all.

who would have thought, you needed to post proof that independent events have the same probability giving the same circumstance.

The probability of a coin being heads or tails is 50/50 it is that simple.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/data/prob...dependent.html

Last edited by dsjj251; 02-02-2016 at 08:29 PM..

Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
6 coin tosses in a row?

The probability of that is 2 to the 6th power. So it would be 1:128 probability of that happening, simply due to chance. Is anyone surprised by that? Hillary seemed to defy statistics when she turned a small cattle futures investment into a fortune as well!

Bernie better feel happy when he is done with all this that he doesn't end up dead under a tree like Vince Foster.

Anyone who votes for Hillary is supporting an evil, self serving, criminal who has no regard whatsoever for American citizens.
First, your math is way off. The coin tosses were using different coins in different precincts.

Second, I think the article below can explain it better. It contains a video showing several people standing around as a coin was dropped to the floor.

Also, what you're leaving out is that there were several more coin tosses and Bernie Sanders won some of them. Maybe you think there's a big conspiracy and NPR and Iowa party officials are behind it?

Except that doesn't tell the whole story. In fact, there were at least a dozen tiebreakers — and "Sen. Sanders won at least a handful," an Iowa Democratic Party official told NPR.

[url=http://www.npr.org/2016/02/02/465268206/coin-toss-fact-check-no-coin-flips-did-not-win-iowa-for-hillary-clinton]Coin-Toss Fact Check: No, Coin Flips Did Not Win Iowa For Hillary Clinton : NPR[/url]

Third, I think it's a riot that people actually believe Hillary had an effect on the coin toss outcome. Maybe she's able to leap buildings in a single bound too.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Whoa???!!!!!

Let us review statistics 101. You obviously never took statistics (maybe that is why you support Hillary, as you believe it is perfectly "normal" for a $1000 commodoties bet to yeild $100K)

1. each coin toss is an independent event. Is it not?
yep.

Quote:
2. By SIMPLE STATISTICS (apparently you didn't take statistics), the odds of a 50-50 event occuring "n" number of times in a row is 2 to the nth power.
sure.

Quote:
Now that would be 2 to the 6th power. 2X2=4, 4X2=8, 8X2=16, 16X2= 32, 32X2= 64. That is 1:64 (woopsie, not 1:128, but 1:64). Are you crazy?? Do you buy lottery tickets?
nope, we arent flipping the same coin 6 times with 2 possible outcomes for each flip..

We are flipping 6 different coins all with 2 possible outcomes, that is the problem with the logic you are trying to use.

You good now ?

Further more, Im glad you started using the word "probability" in your later post instead of odds, LOL, still wrong, but at least you know there is a difference.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
maybe she knew it would be down to coin tosses and trainer her people how to toss coins?

She won by 6 tosses, out of how many? Bernie got his fair share too...
So true! I guess after some of the conspiracy theories about Obama, nothing should surprise me.

"Gone unmentioned so far is that even if Clinton won that Miracle Six — and there were no other coin tosses — it would make little difference in the outcome. "

[URL="http://www.npr.org/2016/02/02/465268206/coin-toss-fact-check-no-coin-flips-did-not-win-iowa-for-hillary-clinton"]SOURCE[/URL]

Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First, your math is way off. The coin tosses were using different coins in different precincts.

Second, I think the article below can explain it better. It contains a video showing several people standing around as a coin was dropped to the floor.

Also, what you're leaving out is that there were several more coin tosses and Bernie Sanders won some of them. Maybe you think there's a big conspiracy and NPR and Iowa party officials are behind it?

Except that doesn't tell the whole story. In fact, there were at least a dozen tiebreakers — and "Sen. Sanders won at least a handful," an Iowa Democratic Party official told NPR.

Coin-Toss Fact Check: No, Coin Flips Did Not Win Iowa For Hillary Clinton : NPR

Third, I think it's a riot that people actually believe Hillary had an effect on the coin toss outcome. Maybe she's able to leap buildings in a single bound too.
they hate Hillary Clinton so much that they think she rigged a coin flip that she didnt even know would happen at 14 out of 1600 precincts.

She somehow found those 14 precincts, sent them rigged Iowa state quarters and then made sure both the Bernie people and her people picked the right side to get her outcome.......................

Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
they hate Hillary Clinton so much that they think she rigged a coin flip that she didnt even know would happen at 14 out of 1600 precincts.

She somehow found those 14 precincts, sent them rigged Iowa state quarters and then made sure both the Bernie people and her people picked the right side to get her outcome.......................
People who believe this should be jumping for joy if she wins the presidency. I mean, if she's capable of rigging a coin flip, imagine how quickly she can get rid of the national debt!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,738 times
I think coin tosses are how the Democrats pick their jokes they call candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections