Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 12:12 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Okay, now this is just pathetic. Following a rant:

Bush paused, waiting for approval from the crowd. But instead, he was met with an awkward silence.

“Please clap,” the candidate said, looking demoralized.

The crowd obliged.

‘Please clap’: Jeb Bush begs crowd to applaud after speech is met with total silence

Not a fan of this guy, but you've got to feel a little sorry for him when he has to beg for applause. What is he still doing in the race?

Old 02-03-2016, 12:20 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
He needs to bow out. If Trump accomplishes nothing else in this election, he can always take credit for destroying any chance Jeb Bush had of winning. It was sad, and telling, to see how much better Bush did in the debate that Trump ditched. But just like I don't want a president that is scared to face a reporter, I don't want a president that can be so intimidated by another candidate. In both cases, I am concerned it is indicative of what would happen when they had to face nefarious world leaders.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:21 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
I like him more for this. That was an authentic moment right there.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,405 times
What is Jeb still doing running? He should just bail while he can. He couldn't even persuade Iowa, now he will try NH.

He lacks the kahunas to do anything.

Plus please not another Bush.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:30 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
What is Jeb still doing running? He should just bail while he can
Jeb! is an Officer and a Gentleman - I got nowhere else to go!

Old 02-03-2016, 12:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like him more for this. That was an authentic moment right there.
You know, I don't disagree with this. I thought the same thing--it's the most authentic moment I've ever seen from him. But that doesn't diminish the pathetic factor of having to ask for applause, especially after such an impassioned speech and while standing in front of what we can only assume was a supportive crowd. It kind of sums up his entire candidacy.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:33 PM

99,561 posts, read 4,491,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He needs to bow out. If Trump accomplishes nothing else in this election, he can always take credit for destroying any chance Jeb Bush had of winning. It was sad, and telling, to see how much better Bush did in the debate that Trump ditched. But just like I don't want a president that is scared to face a reporter, I don't want a president that can be so intimidated by another candidate. In both cases, I am concerned it is indicative of what would happen when they had to face nefarious world leaders.
This is the one thing I can thank Trump for accomplishing!

Old 02-03-2016, 12:37 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Bush was toast before this race even started. He didn't have the heart for it.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:40 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Although his days are numbered and have been numbered for quite some time - I still like the guy and probably would have voted for him if it was a JEB vs Hillary. I think Fox promoting candidates so early in the process has doomed them all as people no longer trust Fox. First they pushed Jeb, then Christie, Fiorina and now Rubio. They all had traction for awhile and then fell hard - which I wonder if Rubio is going to do.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:16 PM

998 posts, read 665,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Why would he bow out at this point? His campaign has been on life support for months, so he really has nothing further to lose. And there's still a list of staffers and an enormous war chest of cash to burn through. He might as well go down with the ship and keep his staffers on the payroll for a few more weeks.

Edit (one more thought): This is what keeps me up at night though... who are the people that are bankrolling him? They must not be very intelligent, and the only conclusion I can make is that they're people who inherited their money or simply attach little value to it. If I was going to flush my money down the toilet, I would at least buy some neato fireworks and put on a spectacular display for my friends and neighbors.

Last edited by PuddingPops; 02-03-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections