Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Hope his support and Huckabees goes to Trump; maybe they will both endorse him too.
Seems to me that his support largely goes to the establishment vote. Huckabee and Paul's goes to either Trump or Cruz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 06:20 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Something weird about using "breaking" and "Santorum" in the same sentence. . . . I mean, breaking news has to be important enough to break into a broadcast . . .

Mick

Old 02-03-2016, 06:24 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Something weird about using "breaking" and "Santorum" in the same sentence. . . . I mean, breaking news has to be important enough to break into a broadcast . . .

Mick
He was the runner up 4 years ago.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:21 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I don't know what it is, but I have this weird feeling that Huckabee and Santorum will be announcing support for Trump within a few days and will be seen with him on his campaign trail. I don't know why...just a feeling I have.
Huckabee definitely didn't like Cruz crashing his party when he went and visited Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who defied issuing gay marriage licenses. It was amusing to watch Huck body block Cruz- he effectively cut Cruz off from both a microphone and being able to cuddle up to Davis.

The chagrin on Cruz' face was most obvious. The guy don't like being punked at all. Neither does Huckabee. I'll bet there's still bad blood between them over that, as it was Huck's last little bit of time to shine while the public spotlights were fully ablaze on Davis.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Santorum is a great guy. I'm really glad he endorsed Marco, who is going to beat Hillary.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:35 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
It's about time. Why in the heck is Gilmore still in?

Old 02-04-2016, 04:20 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Huckabee definitely didn't like Cruz crashing his party when he went and visited Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who defied issuing gay marriage licenses. It was amusing to watch Huck body block Cruz- he effectively cut Cruz off from both a microphone and being able to cuddle up to Davis.

The chagrin on Cruz' face was most obvious. The guy don't like being punked at all. Neither does Huckabee. I'll bet there's still bad blood between them over that, as it was Huck's last little bit of time to shine while the public spotlights were fully ablaze on Davis.
I have been baffled by Huckabee's support of Trump. Him wanting to rain on Cruz's parade is a plausible explanation, never thought about that. Makes Huckabee look even worse, in my opinion. A lot of people think Huckabee had a hand in Falwell, Jr. throwing his support behind Trump.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
It's about time. Why in the heck is Gilmore still in?
Hunting for a future job. I swear a lot of these people are not running for president but appointments. Part of me thinks Kasich is now running for VP, which I would welcome.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:28 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Bush and Christie will take down the phony Rubio.

Trump can play the statesman and let them do his dirty work taking down the Bubble Boy.

Fiorina probably will be out in the next few days.

Carson and Kasich will be out after South Carolina.

Kasich might do well in New Hampshire, but he won't get any further than that.

Then it will be Trump, Cruz, Christie, and Bush.

Super Tuesday will be the end of Cruz.

People will realize he can't win against a Democrat nominee. Too conservative and right-wing religious.

So it will be Trump, Christie and Bush.

That's about as far ahead as I feel comfortable predicting...

Old 02-04-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Bush and Christie will take down the phony Rubio.

Trump can play the statesman and let them do his dirty work taking down the Bubble Boy.

Fiorina probably will be out in the next few days.

Carson and Kasich will be out after South Carolina.

Kasich might do well in New Hampshire, but he won't get any further than that.

Then it will be Trump, Cruz, Christie, and Bush.

Super Tuesday will be the end of Cruz.

People will realize he can't win against a Democrat nominee. Too conservative and right-wing religious.

So it will be Trump, Christie and Bush.

That's about as far ahead as I feel comfortable predicting...
Trump is incapable of acting like a statesman. The only thing he cares about is winning, at any and all costs. The only reason he isn't attacking Rubio is because he thinks Rubio will siphon off some of Cruz's voters. I find it positively revolting that he is now calling Carson a very nice person after he deliberately and viciously destroyed Carson's momentum in November with this unfounded personal attack:
"It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper," he told Burnett. "That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."
Trump is a truly horrible human being who has no concern about who he hurts or destroys so long as he wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections