Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 06:15 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I like Christie but he's unelectable in the general elections. If people don't like Trump, they're going to hate Christie. I was mystified by his attacks on Rubio. He's not going anywhere. Is he auditioning for a job in someone's administration? Did someone offer to help him with campaign debts to put on his prosecutors suit and go after Rubio?

And you might be right, Rubio may have ridden a wave. Personally I think he's still a strong candidate. We'll see late in the evening February 9.
My husband and I were discussing that, too. My husband thinks he may have made a deal with someone to be the attack dog in exchange for either VP or a guaranteed Attorney General appointment. My husband's money is on Trump or Bush. I think it is a good theory. He may have created problems for Rubio but I think in the end it will do more damage to him than Rubio. That was just ugly.

Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,995,478 times
I caught onto Rubio being robotic a LONG time ago. It's funny how it just finally clicked with people.

I'll admit that Obama is very eloquent in speeches and rehearsed but somehow he gives speeches in a way that sounds like he's just confident and genuine on what he's saying. As in, he himself believes in his own words.

Rubio tries so hard, SO HARD to sound so eloquent and proper that he rushes through his spiels and he sounds completely fake.

The only time he sounded genuine last night way during the piece about getting the people to believe that we're doing something about illegal immigration...first building the wall, exit/enter checks and such, etc then after all of that is done people will be open to pathways for citizenship for those already here but first all of that security needs to be done first.

He said it slowly and with passion. He sounded like a normal person and not some robot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 07:12 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,126,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How is it that coming in 3rd in a closed to all but registered Republicans, caucus, be called a "surge".

More like a lazy river.

Since Trump was supposed to come in first and he came in 2nd he did horribly according to the media

Since Rubio wasn't expected to come in 3rd, and he did, He did great according to the media...

Trump did great for a very religious voter state regardless of how the media spins it.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Let's See In the Last 5 years
  • GOP takes control of US Senate
  • GOP takes control of US House by historic margin
  • Majority of governors in USA are now GOP
  • Majority of state legislatures are controlled by GOP politicians
  • Over 1000 DNC politicians across the country lost their seats
Some would say the music coming out of that fiddle is quite excellent. I'm sure that others, particularly those ex-politicians from the DNC are being reminded of Nero & his fiddle.
Waldo ... we've been through this already ...

Oh, the GOP is so mighty, so powerful, they have ...

• Abolished Obamacare
  • defunded Planned Parenthood
  • successful in over-riding Obama's vetoes
  • defeated the legalization of gay marriage
  • weakened the Environmental Protection Agency
  • stopped the nuclear agreement with Iran
  • prevented Muslims from emigrating to this country

If the Republicans are in charge, I think they must be very weak, or disorganized, and very ineffectual.

Face it: Obama is running the show.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Waldo ... we've been through this already ...

Oh, the GOP is so mighty, so powerful, they have ...

• Abolished Obamacare
  • defunded Planned Parenthood
  • successful in over-riding Obama's vetoes
  • defeated the legalization of gay marriage
  • weakened the Environmental Protection Agency
  • stopped the nuclear agreement with Iran
  • prevented Muslims from emigrating to this country

If the Republicans are in charge, I think they must be very weak, or disorganized, and very ineffectual.

Face it: Obama is running the show.
All upside their heads. It's abusive the way he's treated the Republicans. They should be embarrassed.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:12 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,650,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I like Christie but he's unelectable in the general elections. If people don't like Trump, they're going to hate Christie. I was mystified by his attacks on Rubio. He's not going anywhere. Is he auditioning for a job in someone's administration? Did someone offer to help him with campaign debts to put on his prosecutors suit and go after Rubio?

And you might be right, Rubio may have ridden a wave. Personally I think he's still a strong candidate. We'll see late in the evening February 9.

Not everyone fits neatly in a box. I can't stand Trump, but I would feel very safe and pleased with Christie at the helm because he's aggressive, but he also has character. There was nothing wrong with what he did -- I kind of liked Rubio all along, but he was getting too good at swerving around his answers, and Christie tacked him to the wall. He SHOULD be made to answer. They all should.

I thought this part was interesting, in particular, when Rubio DID answer to something: He gave a strong statement about "I would rather lose an election than be wrong on the issue of life."

Maybe he should be Executive Director for Planned Parenthood instead of the U.S. president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkaGtP1Bos

Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Not everyone fits neatly in a box. I can't stand Trump, but I would feel very safe and pleased with Christie at the helm because he's aggressive, but he also has character. There was nothing wrong with what he did -- I kind of liked Rubio all along, but he was getting too good at swerving around his answers, and Christie tacked him to the wall. He SHOULD be made to answer. They all should.

I thought this part was interesting, in particular, when Rubio DID answer to something: He gave a strong statement about "I would rather lose an election than be wrong on the issue of life."

Maybe he should be Executive Director for Planned Parenthood instead of the U.S. president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnkaGtP1Bos
The Republican candidates only care about the issue of life if it involves a fetus.

I wish they would take their own advice about the sanctity of life and maybe not push for another useless war in the Middle East. Unfortunately, almost every single cadidate in this election is a hawk, Hillary included.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:51 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Mr. Roboto Domo Arigato

Mick

Old 02-08-2016, 08:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Let's See In the Last 5 years
  • GOP takes control of US Senate
  • GOP takes control of US House by historic margin
  • Majority of governors in USA are now GOP
  • Majority of state legislatures are controlled by GOP politicians
  • Over 1000 DNC politicians across the country lost their seats
Some would say the music coming out of that fiddle is quite excellent. I'm sure that others, particularly those ex-politicians from the DNC are being reminded of Nero & his fiddle.

And yet, with the GOP's impressive accumulation of power, they still whimper and whine about mean ol' Obama, who they just can't get ahead of.

Seems they're now shifting their focus to Hillary. She scares the peewaddle out of 'em.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:25 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
After the last debate I mean
If I had been watching Rubio, it would be for me.....
He is a lies, he is a fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections