Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:42 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As much as I hope Trump is not the nominee, I do agree if he manages to get the nomination Rubio would be the ideal choice for Trump to have as his VP. I honestly can't think of another person who would be a better choice. If he doesn't get Rubio, Kasich would be second in line.
Trump isn't going to pick any Presidential candidate as a VP if he wins. Id be willing to bet he picks Nikki Haley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 01:25 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump isn't going to pick any Presidential candidate as a VP if he wins. Id be willing to bet he picks Nikki Haley.
Hope not.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:54 AM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Your opinion, and not worth much. Trump will NEVER be President. There are people like me who have never NOT voted GOP in a Presidential election, yet are considering sitting it out if Trump is the nominee. Im not the only one either. With negatives in the 60% range, there is zero chance Trump is going to win.

As far as Rubio goes, if he gets past liberal Trojan horse Trump in the primary, he will easily beat Hillary or Bernie and the polling data proves it. Trump on the other hand loses to anyone in a general election.

Given the polling facts, why are you shilling for a Hillary Clinton presidency by supporting Trump?
Keep dreaming with your useless opinion. That little boy puppet will never be president. RINO opinion...lol, like what you say matters. Keep schucking for the establishment.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:54 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,062,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Trump thinks Rubio is weak, because he is.

The guy is a robot paid for by superpacs. It's very clear. The guy probably has an on/off switch behind his saucer ears or something.

Plus he is short. Short people don't become president.

The guy is a non-issue. Jeb is an easy target, with a big name and was favored to win so Trump sticks to the basics.
Kasich appears to be the shortest guy on the stage, but I think he would be the best choice for Trump for his VP (balanced temperament with establishment ties and a lot of experience).

Old 02-15-2016, 05:03 AM

407 posts, read 390,922 times
I think the OPs theory is not too far from reality. If you are a Washington insider, and you recognize that the people have turned on you; Congress has single digit approval ratings, and it looks like your days in power are numbered, what do you do? Find a candidate who has been able to do what the people have failed at time and time again, to actually control their government representatives. Make sure he is marketed as the "anti-establishment" answer to the mess that we have in Washington. Then, once you have convinced the people that the power is back in their favor, just cede control to an establishment candidate. Check mate.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:02 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Keep dreaming with your useless opinion. That little boy puppet will never be president. RINO opinion...lol, like what you say matters. Keep schucking for the establishment.
Sorry, but the RINOs in this discussion are Trump and you.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:00 PM

30,567 posts, read 23,987,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Sorry, but the RINOs in this discussion are Trump and you.
You are delusional if you think Rubio is anything but big, fat, establishment. Boy can't even get through a debate without repeating himself or, my favorite, getting louder and louder like he's in some "feel good" movie going for an Oscar with his talking points.

Puppet Rubio is a hypocrite:
Rubio Tops the Field in Missed Senate Votes - NBC News

Quote:
"If you don't want to vote on things, don't run for the Senate. If you don't want to vote on things, don't run for office," he said on the Senate floor. "Be a columnist. Get a talk show. Everyone who runs for office knows that what we are called to do here is vote on issues on which sometimes we are uncomfortable,"
Ooops....

Quote:
Announcement: April 13, 2015
Missed Votes: 59
Percentage: 42%
(Pssst, that's worse than Obama.)

Missed a very important vote that other senators who are running were able to make:

Rubio Doesn't Vote On Omnibus Spending Bill | The Daily Caller

Nothing but excuses as to why he couldn't possibly show up to vote on something he stated to be so adamantly against.

Gang of 8...that's great, hire more H1B visa holders to replace American workers.

Green cards? No problem...no, no, it's not amnesty...

Quote:
Before you can ever be a citizen, you have to be a permanent resident. That means a green card. And you have to be in that status for three to five years. And what I have argued is, if you have violated our laws, you should not be allowed to apply for a green card for at least 10 years...
Quote:
Under the existing law today, if you are illegally in the US, you are not prohibited from getting citizenship. The only thing is, you have to go back to your home country, you have to wait 10 years. We're going to create an alternative that says, OK, you want to stay here, you have to wait more than 10 years, you have to be gainfully employed.
Marco Rubio on the Issues

His proposal is "hey, if you came here illegally, just stick around for 10 years, then apply for a Green Card...that's fine."

gtho.

Quote:
Rubio spent like mad on an American Express credit card issued to the Florida Republican Party and paid for by donors. Between 2007 and 2009, he charged about $100,000 on the card--including almost $16,000 in personal expenses such as a $135 haircut and $1,000 in repairs to his family's minivan, according to a Herald investigation. (Rubio has repaid the party for some charges but refuses to assume other expenses he says were legitimate.)

A St. Petersburg Times investigation later found that Rubio had also double-billed the state and the GOP credit card for eight flights. After the report, he admitted the error and repaid the party $3,000
Yeah...the "error"...that he said nothing about until after a report came out.

Agreed with Obama about Libya:

George Will: Rubio's record of misjudgment | New Hampshire

Quote:
And the future that the young senator offers Americans is one of growing intervention across the world, a new Cold War or worse with Russia and China, a bigger military and a more impoverished nation.

Rubio was too young to vote on the Iraq War, but has learned nothing from it. He supported the disastrous intervention in Libya, which has produced a failed state that now is providing a potential alternative home for ISIS. Rubio terms ISIS a “civilizational threat,” yet refuses to build a grand coalition to take it out. Instead, he supports taking down Assad in Syria, arming mythical “moderate Syrians,” and challenging the Russians support for Assad. That surely will cheer ISIS, for it precludes a coalition with Russia, Syria, Iran and our allies (Kurds, Iraqis, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and others if they will fight) that could actually muster the ground forces (largely the Syrian Army, the Kurds and perhaps the Iraqi army if it can get its act together)...
https://ourfuture.org/20151214/marco...licy-pretender

Quote:
In short, Rubio is prepared to risk a war with Russia for the sake of his more aggressive Syria policy, and to make matters worse he doesn’t acknowledge the enormous danger that he would be courting by doing this. Russia is obviously not the same as “any other adversary,” and putting the U.S. on a collision course with Russia over Syria is one of the most irresponsible things that a presidential candidate could promise to do.
Rubio’s Disqualifying Recklessness on Syria | The American Conservative

Completely agree. This little boy knows nothing about foreign policy, doesn't give a rat's backside how many people come in and take jobs away from Americans, with the excuse that the companies can't find Americans to work those jobs, despite the fact that Americans were working those jobs, (ie: Disneyworld - they got to train their H1B visa replacements), and is a-ok with illegals staying here for 10 years and then granting them a green card. To top it off, he's missed more votes than Obama, makes excuses for it, and spends money that isn't his to spend on personal things and doesn't fess up to it until someone calls him out on it.

That is a big establishment puke, and only RINOs would vote for an establishment twit like that.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,975 times
Trump praising Rubio several times now at his press conference...

Old 02-15-2016, 01:03 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,719,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Yeah, I'm fully aware that I'll get a lot of flack for this, but if anyone has any other theories, speak up.

Throughout this race, I have found the lack of Trump/Rubio interaction to be interesting. Yes, all of the candidates have flaws, and it seems that Donald Trump is keen on picking them out. However, Trump has never gone after Rubio with any amount of force. Yes, he has taken a few swipes, but he has never given Rubio the full "Trump treatment". Here are a few observations.

1. Rubio has some obvious flaws, all the candidates do, but Trump has NEVER pointed them out in a debate. He had ample opportunity at the last debate when Christie ripped into Rubio, but Trump never took the opportunity.

2. During the last debate, I noticed that Trump mentioned Rubio's name out of context to one of the questions after Christie had already taken his toll on Rubio. It seemed to me that Trump was "throwing him a bone" so to speak and give Rubio and opportunity to redeem himself.

3. Throughout this race, Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush have been seen as Rubio's greatest rivals. Who has been Trump laying into the hardest? Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush. We saw that tonight and in most of the previous debates. Also notice how Trump didn't say anything negative about Rubio tonight.

4. I honestly think Trump shot himself in the foot on purpose tonight with the "George W. Bush didn't keep us safe" comment. Yeah, there may be a number of people in the country that think that, but that will not help him whatsoever in a Conservative, pro-military place like South Carolina.

5. I also think Trump intentionally highlighted that comment by going into a bit of back and forth with Rubio over it. He helped Rubio, or any other candidate, make a soundbite.

6. The timing of Trump's "Bush didn't keep us safe" comment is also suspect. Rubio has the potential to do very well in South Carolina (his campaign has been counting on a 1st place finish). With his own comment about George W. Bush, and his tirades about Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush, Trump opened up a massive opportunity for Rubio at a time when his campaign needs it.

7. Trump has never had any REAL policy proposals, and that may also be a sly way for Trump to later embrace Rubio's own policies (yes, Rubio actually has them down on paper).

8. Trump doesn't want to be President. He has been an entrepreneur and developer all of his life, so why would he want to stop doing that now? What Trump LOVES to be is a kingmaker. If Trump enters the Republican Convention in May with delegates to pledge (and the traditional 3-way Trump, Cruz, Rubio theory holds), Trump has a lot of leverage. This is what Trump likes. He likes power. He likes to be in charge. He wants to see things go his own way. At that point, if Rubio does not have the 50%+ of delegates needed to win the nomination, Trump will pledge them to him. You just wait.

Now, I'm sure that the premise of this thread will seem absurd to some, but these are simply some of my observations about how this race is panning out. I'm a pretty perceptive person. Whether or not you believe what I wrote, we'll see how it pans out in the coming months.

If anyone would like to dispute anything I said above, please do.
or, maybe he wants Rubio to be Vice President?

Old 02-15-2016, 01:09 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
talk about little boy, do you realize people who think it is cute or clever to call others school yard names sound and act younger than any of the candidates??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections