Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 05:19 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Looks like the bookies have Rubio taking the lead, with Bush second and Trump a relatively distant third. So much for Bush's "inevitability," which has been the key to his and Hillary Clinton's campaigns right from the jump. And so much for the leftist media led promotion of Donald Trump's campaign.

Having to put your money where your mouth is tends to cut through the clutter in a way that a cable news political shill never really can.

Quote:
Rubio now most likely GOP nominee in predictions market

For the past week, Jeb Bush’s campaign advisers have been using a new data point to convince nervous donors that he’s still the candidate to beat: Bush’s lead in the political prediction markets. Just one problem: Beginning Sunday night, PredictIt, the biggest of the online sites and the one referenced last week by top Bush advisers and confidants, placed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio ahead of Bush at the head of the GOP pack…

“I don’t know if it’s panic or paranoia in Miami, but they are losing [Scott] Walker people to Marco, and if you say what’s true, they get mad,” said one Bush donor, who spoke to POLITICO on the condition of anonymity.

PredictIt has Rubio at 38 cents, Bush at 35, and Trump at 19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 05:23 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
That's too bad. Hopefully and most likely they are wrong. Rubio just doesn't have what it takes, maybe in 8 or 12 years down the road but not now. I just don't see who would be voting for him. It seems to me that they throwing different candidates against Trump, Carson - down, Carly - down and get ready for Rubio to go down. Once the name gets out there as doing well, people take a good long hard look at the candidate and, down they go, well, except in Trump's case. Trump 2016!

Frankly, what I noticed about Rubio in the debates was that he was as "nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs". I would say he is probably an overachiever and, like I said, could be a viable candidate on down the road.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That's too bad. Hopefully and most likely they are wrong. Rubio just doesn't have what it takes, maybe in 8 or 12 years down the road but not now. I just don't see who would be voting for him. It seems to me that they throwing different candidates against Trump, Carson - down, Carly - down and get ready for Rubio to go down. Once the name gets out there as doing well, people take a good long hard look at the candidate and, down they go, well, except in Trump's case. Trump 2016!

Frankly, what I noticed about Rubio in the debates was that he was as "nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs". I would say he is probably an overachiever and, like I said, could be a viable candidate on down the road.
Why, because he does not have enough experience? He clearly has more experience than Barack Obama had when he took office.

Of course Barack Obama is a minority, which was his Trump card among Democratic voters.

Oh, wait.... So is Marco Rubio. Hmmmmm.

Honestly, it appears to me that Marco Rubio is the candidate that Democrats fear the most of any in the Republican field.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:33 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I guess I'm surprised it's not Trump but I like Rubio.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I guess I'm surprised it's not Trump but I like Rubio.
Trump has his rabid 23% support, which appears to be gradually declining. However, you need 50% of all the delegates to win the nomination, and a higher percentage of Republicans than that loathe Donald Trump. Despite the leftist media's promotion of the Trump campaign - he would be the candidate that the Democrats would pick for the Republicans in order to provide them with the easiest path to victory - he does not appear to have a path to acquire the necessary delegates to win the actual nomination.

Trump's supporters in the media appear to have neglected to mention this little detail.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:43 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Rubio continues to collect his taxpayer funded salary yet does not even bother to show up and vote. He has the worst attendance and voting record in the Senate. Despite this being made public, both he and Lindsay Graham refused to vote for/against the recent Planned Parenthood defunding. Can't be bothered or don't want to go on record? Either incredibly spineless or just too lazy - not good either way.

Anyone who does not do their job at a lower level does not deserve to be elevated to a higher one.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Rubio continues to collect his taxpayer funded salary yet does not even bother to show up and vote. He has the worst attendance and voting record in the Senate. Despite this being made public, both he and Lindsay Graham refused to vote for/against the recent Planned Parenthood defunding. Can't be bothered or don't want to go on record? Either incredibly spineless or just too lazy - not good either way.

Anyone who does not do their job at a lower level does not deserve to be elevated to a higher one.
You mean like when Barack Obama was absent on many occasions and did not vote when he was a State Senator or a US Senator? Or when he routinely abstained from votes because they were too hard for him?

Old 09-30-2015, 05:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You mean like when Barack Obama was absent on many occasions and did not vote when he was a State Senator or a US Senator? Or when he routinely abstained from votes because they were too hard for him?
Yes, exactly like that. We all know why Obama voted "present" instead of taking a stand. He was being groomed for his presidency and didn't want any history of past votes. Despicable behavior, but at least he showed up and voted....Rubio cannot even be bothered to do that much.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Rubio now most likely GOP nominee in predictions market

The Rubio campaign needs to demand an immediate 50 state GOP primary, then.

Keep us updated.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Yes, exactly like that. We all know why Obama voted "present" instead of taking a stand. He was being groomed for his presidency and didn't want any history of past votes. Despicable behavior, but at least he showed up and voted....Rubio cannot even be bothered to do that much.
Rubio's vote is not a difference maker in any of these votes. And he is clearly taking positions on all of these issues. He is not ducking any of them, a-la Barack Obama.

As far as missing votes, this has been done by presidential candidates for many decades now. It is a phenomenon that may deserve its own thread, but it is certainly not a phenomenon that is new or particularly novel as it applies to Marco Rubio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections