Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:46 PM

1,188 posts, read 961,812 times

Advertisements

On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad are liberals at the fact that a polictically incorrect celebrity has the support of a gigantic percentage of Americans? I mean, the guys/gals he'll be running against are Joe "Hair Transplant" Biden / "Amtrack Joe" and Hillary "What, Like With a Cloth?" / "Dodged Sniper Fire in Bosnia" Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 03:54 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,056,707 times
I don't understand why right wingers think liberals fear Trump.

There's no way he could win it all. GO TRUMP GO!

The funny part is it's actually the Republican establishment that are terrified of him.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,403,622 times
1.267 approximately.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,732,727 times
Trump is getting conservatives to cheer on and support many liberal policies, from raising taxes to making major investments in infrastructure (when he talks about all the stuff he's going to build, that's tax money he's talking about using). Republicans are actually most concerned because he doesn't represent many of their core policy goals.

I'm surprised you posted this today. Last night was actually the beginning of the end for Trump. He looked very weak and proved to be in way over his head on foreign policy, from not knowing terror groups to having nothing to contribute during the whole discussion to saying he'll get along with foreign leaders as his extensive policy vision.

He's like a Sarah Palin. Pretty simple minded but fun to watch. I mean, what president assesses the physical attractiveness of other candidates, male and female? This guy is good for beauty contests and buildings.

Last edited by Bluefly; 09-17-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 09-17-2015, 04:06 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,091,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad are liberals at the fact that a polictically incorrect celebrity has the support of a gigantic percentage of Americans? I mean, the guys/gals he'll be running against are Joe "Hair Transplant" Biden / "Amtrack Joe" and Hillary "What, Like With a Cloth?" / "Dodged Sniper Fire in Bosnia" Clinton.
I still think Trump's chances on being the nominee is low, but I sure hope he wins it. I will be very happy to vote for him.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:15 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,252,856 times
I'd say 2. I actually think he'd be the easiest candidate to beat in a general election. I don't think he will actually end up being the nominee but the longer he keeps Jeb & Co off the air, the more chance the Democratic candidate (Hillary) will have to beat them. The only reason I went with 2 and not zero is there is always a chance..

Trump would be the dream opponent for Hillary.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:19 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,766,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
The USA has a lot of provincial people in it. Just look at the popularity of country music. So, the strong possibility of a politically incorrect entertainer like Donald Trump winning the GOP nomination would not come as a surprise at all.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:20 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,091,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I'd say 2. I actually think he'd be the easiest candidate to beat in a general election. I don't think he will actually end up being the nominee but the longer he keeps Jeb & Co off the air, the more chance the Democratic candidate (Hillary) will have to beat them. The only reason I went with 2 and not zero is there is always a chance..

Trump would be the dream opponent for Hillary.
Trump would destroy Clinton and I know many Obama voters who would vote for Trump because he isn't as far right on many issues such as planned parenthood, increasing taxes on hedge fund managers, protectionism policies etc. I'm one of those people.

Nobody is excited or passionate about Clinton. Her campaign is a mess and she brought it upon herself. The amount of ammunition her opponents will have is enormous and they are much more deep than "you called XYZ stupid and ugly."

Old 09-17-2015, 04:21 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Trump is getting conservatives to cheer on and support many liberal policies, from raising taxes to making major investments in infrastructure (when he talks about all the stuff he's going to build, that's tax money he's talking about using). Republicans are actually most concerned because he doesn't represent many of their core policy goals.

I'm surprised you posted this today. Last night was actually the beginning of the end for Trump. He looked very weak and proved to be in way over his head on foreign policy, from not knowing terror groups to having nothing to contribute during the whole discussion to saying he'll get along with foreign leaders as his extensive policy vision.

He's like a Sarah Palin. Pretty simple minded but fun to watch. I mean, what president assessing the physical attractiveness of other candidates? This guy is good for beauty contests and buildings.
I agree mostly. I think it is funny watching the Christian Right support the serial divorcee who makes a lot of his money from gambling houses.

It's also amusing watching Republicans cheer at his idea of raising taxes on the wealthy.

I agree that he has similarity to Palin, in that Trump has no grasp on how policy is made. As an example, he said he is going to slap a tariff on Mexican made products, in five minutes, and have Ford beg to come back to the U.S. He doesn't seem to realize that presidents cannot unilaterally take such action. (If Obama tried that, they'd call him a dictator. But if you are a Republican, it's ok.)

We liberals have no fear of Trump. Although he gets 30% of Republican voters, I don't think he has a chance in a general election.

I plan on buying popcorn stock because there will be a lot of entertainment.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:26 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,035,317 times
Scared of it? Hell, they're praying for it. Even the ones who are atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections