Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 04:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,741,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The polls are very close and Trump is gaining ground, while Clinton is losing ground.
Even CNN has Trump and Clinton tied.
See all the polls here:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton
But Trump has reached or come near to reaching his peak. I doubt Hillary will get the nomination but Trump showed last night he's really in over his head when the focus shifts to substance and character.

He's entertaining for this early phase, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 04:52 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,785,969 times
Not sure where 'amused as hell' fits on that scale.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:53 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,902,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Trump is getting conservatives to cheer on and support many liberal policies, from raising taxes to making major investments in infrastructure (when he talks about all the stuff he's going to build, that's tax money he's talking about using). Republicans are actually most concerned because he doesn't represent many of their core policy goals.

I'm surprised you posted this today. Last night was actually the beginning of the end for Trump. He looked very weak and proved to be in way over his head on foreign policy, from not knowing terror groups to having nothing to contribute during the whole discussion to saying he'll get along with foreign leaders as his extensive policy vision.

He's like a Sarah Palin. Pretty simple minded but fun to watch. I mean, what president assesses the physical attractiveness of other candidates, male and female? This guy is good for beauty contests and buildings.

It has not gone unnoticed that Liberals have suddenly adopted the odd yet extremely amusing habit of telling Conservatives that Trump isn't conservative (psssssst...we know).

I'm wracking my brain, but I just can't remember them issuing the not a Conservative alert when John McCain and Bob Dole were running.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:55 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,020,050 times
The only way I'd vote for Trump is if Hillary is running against him.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad are liberals at the fact that a polictically incorrect celebrity has the support of a gigantic percentage of Americans? I mean, the guys/gals he'll be running against are Joe "Hair Transplant" Biden / "Amtrack Joe" and Hillary "What, Like With a Cloth?" / "Dodged Sniper Fire in Bosnia" Clinton.
You are asking the wrong question. On a scale of 1 to 10 - how mad are Republicans that a reality television star is going to be their frontrunner? Whilst any of their party that is actually qualified ~ including their Golden Boy Jeb - is kicked to the curb.

Republican Establishment are still in shock.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Because the status quo has worked so well, right? We have the middle class disappearing while people in poverty is increasing and the wealthiest are owning more wealth than ever before.

We need a businessman in the White House that is a straight shooter. No more political correctness bull. Straight to the point.

People like Mark Cuban and Carl Icahn are exactly who we need.
I could see a Mark Cuban potentially succeeding in switching over to govetnment, like Bloomberg did. But the difference is those guys are intelligent, have empathy, and are more complex thinkers.

To succeed in business doesn't take a great mind, just good instinct. Trump has the instinct but is a pretty simple-minded guy, as evidenced last night.

I think it's funny how you all scorn "politically correct" when in reality Obama's been incredibly politically incorrect by calling racists out for being racist. They don't like that. Politically correct is just treating people with respect. Not really a bad thing

Old 09-17-2015, 04:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,949,641 times
Trump is the most liberal of the Republican candidates.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

It has not gone unnoticed that Liberals have suddenly adopted the odd yet extremely amusing habit of telling Conservatives that Trump isn't conservative (psssssst...we know).

I'm wracking my brain, but I just can't remember them issuing the not a Conservative alert when John McCain and Bob Dole were running.
I'm not actually very liberal but my point being that conservatives now embrace policies Trump eludes to that they have spent years fighting against.

They like the machismo packaging so will agree with whatever he says.

John McCain was a standard conservative. He held the party line quite well - too well, in fact, as I recall him giving up his maverick reputation to pander to radicals.

Remember he surged late, though, so anything can happen.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,837,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
1.267 approximately.
That high? I was thinking more along the lines of 0.1267.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:08 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,978,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
I don't understand why right wingers think liberals fear Trump.

There's no way he could win it all. GO TRUMP GO!

The funny part is it's actually the Republican establishment that are terrified of him.
Well said!

Trump has about as much a chance as Ronald Reagan had in the summer of 1979!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections