Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 02:19 PM

325 posts, read 256,073 times

Advertisements

The entire superdelegate controversy is simply to take advantage of people's ignorance to push propaganda. The MSM is desperately trying to perpetuate the Clinton inevitability myth. Here is a little fact that you may not have noticed. Nobody in the media is referring to Bernie Sanders as the Democratic frontrunner even though he is, in fact, winning, and by a large margin. After 2 states, Bernie has 37 pledged delegates to HRC's 31, a 17% margin. HRC may or may not take back the lead, but nobody in the MSM will actually tell YOU that Bernie Sanders is winning the primary, and by a large percentage.
As far as the actual votes of the supers, I do not doubt for one minute that if they get the chance they will sink Bernie. It's what the big donors want from them. That is where their loyalty lies.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maleman View Post
The entire superdelegate controversy is simply to take advantage of people's ignorance to push propaganda. The MSM is desperately trying to perpetuate the Clinton inevitability myth. Here is a little fact that you may not have noticed. Nobody in the media is referring to Bernie Sanders as the Democratic frontrunner even though he is, in fact, winning, and by a large margin. After 2 states, Bernie has 37 pledged delegates to HRC's 31, a 17% margin. HRC may or may not take back the lead, but nobody in the MSM will actually tell YOU that Bernie Sanders is winning the primary, and by a large percentage.
As far as the actual votes of the supers, I do not doubt for one minute that if they get the chance they will sink Bernie. It's what the big donors want from them. That is where their loyalty lies.
A large margin you say? Come again? Out of how many total delegates?

Come on.

Bernie has the best spin going at this rate.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
A large margin you say? Come again? Out of how many total delegates?

Come on.

Bernie has the best spin going at this rate.
Are you denying the math?
Bernie is winning at this time. The media refuses to say that. So where exactly is the spin?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Are you denying the math?
Bernie is winning at this time. The media refuses to say that. So where exactly is the spin?
In baseball terms, you are calling a winner after the second out of the top of the first inning. If Bernie wins NV and SC, you really got something going. Let's wait a bit.

Mick

Old 02-17-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
In baseball terms, you are calling a winner after the second out of the top of the first inning. If Bernie wins NV and SC, you really got something going. Let's wait a bit.

Mick
Why is everyone subjugating FACT using OPINION? At this static moment in time, it is a fact that Bernie Sanders IS winning the Democratic Primary. Why is it so difficult for anyone to admit the truth?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
As I posted on your other thread, he is "winning" by .0017 percent of the required delegates. You really want to rest your case on that?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As I posted on your other thread, he is "winning" by .0017 percent of the required delegates. You really want to rest your case on that?
Only 68 delegates have been awarded at this time. The total number available is irrelevant until they are awarded. It's Schrodinger's cat. Your math is flawed. Do you see what the brainwashing has done to you?
37 is 17.?? percent greater than 31. Incontrovertible fact. Mathematics is an absolute.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:51 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Only 68 delegates have been awarded at this time. The total number available is irrelevant until they are awarded. It's Schrodinger's cat. Your math is flawed. Do you see what the brainwashing has done to you?
37 is 17.?? percent greater than 31. Incontrovertible fact. Mathematics is an absolute.
The numbers I can find say 36 to 32. So I guess mathematics isn't so absolute after all.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
The numbers I can find say 36 to 32. So I guess mathematics isn't so absolute after all.
Or you are relying upon flawed reports.
I would suggest that you take the time to cultivate factual sources before presenting evidence. Iowa awards 44 pledged delegates. The media is crediting the portion of 1 delegate awarded to O'Malley to Clinton. This will probably not happen. So they split Iowa 22-22. Bernie won 15 of 24 delegates in NH with a historic margin of victory. 22+15=37. For Clinton 22+9=31. That simple. Have you not yet learned to distrust the MSM narrative? Truth vs. opinion. O'Malley earned enough precinct delegates to have .714 county delegates. This is not viable at the county convention. Most of those came by way of Clinton directing her supporters to make the O'Malley faction viable in precincts where Bernie was winning. At the county convention those delegates will be reapportioned to the winner of the precinct, which was Bernie Sanders. It is what they call a "technicality". Bernie will get that delegate, and the final count will be 22-22. If you want to take it up one more level, the caucus delegates will not be awarded until June at the State Convention. I included them because they are pledged, as I made clear with my language. Bernie is winning 37-31, a 17% margin.

Last edited by The Maleman; 02-17-2016 at 04:29 PM..

Old 02-18-2016, 06:34 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,284,995 times
Quote:
Or you are relying upon flawed reports.
I would suggest that you take the time to cultivate factual sources before presenting evidence. Iowa awards 44 pledged delegates. The media is crediting the portion of 1 delegate awarded to O'Malley to Clinton. This will probably not happen. So they split Iowa 22-22. Bernie won 15 of 24 delegates in NH with a historic margin of victory. 22+15=37. For Clinton 22+9=31. That simple. Have you not yet learned to distrust the MSM narrative? Truth vs. opinion. O'Malley earned enough precinct delegates to have .714 county delegates. This is not viable at the county convention. Most of those came by way of Clinton directing her supporters to make the O'Malley faction viable in precincts where Bernie was winning. At the county convention those delegates will be reapportioned to the winner of the precinct, which was Bernie Sanders. It is what they call a "technicality". Bernie will get that delegate, and the final count will be 22-22. If you want to take it up one more level, the caucus delegates will not be awarded until June at the State Convention. I included them because they are pledged, as I made clear with my language. Bernie is winning 37-31, a 17% margin.
Not exactly. The way Iowa's delegates are allocated - some are awarded by congressional district - it appears that the allocation is Clinton 23 - Sanders 21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections