Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 12:01 AM

7,640 posts, read 8,713,437 times

Advertisements

The other day at a clinic I overheard someone asking others which candidate would be best for him. He said all those proposals addressing family needs and education didn't apply to him because he's single (looks like in his mid to late 50s) and middle-class, paid a lot of tax because of that. That category is not that common and doesn't seem to be addressed by any candidates, or do they? Which candidate would be good for him? I don't see any, ha. I think those who tend to raise tax will likely raise his, too; and any tax breaks mainly benefit people who are married or lower than middle class.

Last edited by snowmountains; 02-18-2016 at 12:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 12:15 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
I'd think any of the candidates who wanted to reduce the size of govt, be fiscally responsible, fight the terror threat, produce jobs, fight illegal immigration, ensure social security was solvent, possibly repeal Obamacare or at least least fight health care cost explosion. .........Cruz, Kasich, Bush, Rubio possibly.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:35 AM

.......forgot to add that handling crises like N Korea, Iran getting nuke weapons and threatening the safety of the world is another skill needed.....you can't take Kim Jung un to court or file a lawsuit against Iran, Trump fans,,,,,

Old 02-18-2016, 04:28 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
.......forgot to add that handling crises like N Korea, Iran getting nuke weapons and threatening the safety of the world is another skill needed.....you can't take Kim Jung un to court or file a lawsuit against Iran, Trump fans,,,,,
Maybe you could tell him "You're FIRED!" ?

Old 02-18-2016, 04:42 AM

I think I mean insolvent when I posted that @ 2:15 a.m.....as in Social Security would be available.

I'd also believe the person in the OP's note wouldn't want to purchase a college education for every teenager. The cost would be tremendous to our country and add to the national debt.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:52 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
I think I mean insolvent when I posted that @ 2:15 a.m.....as in Social Security would be available.

I'd also believe the person in the OP's note wouldn't want to purchase a college education for every teenager. The cost would be tremendous to our country and add to the national debt.
0.4% of GDP is not a tremendous cost. On the contrary, its an investment in the future of America. Highly educated people pay more taxes than those who dont. Wasting so much human capital as we do today because people cant afford to go to college has real consequences.

Average annual tuition was only $234 in the 60s and in California it was free.

America is far richer today.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:13 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
If you care about the future of America OP then TRUMP is the only hope. Bucfans responses are establishment lackeys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections