Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:14 PM

24,625 posts, read 17,362,758 times

Advertisements

Clinton asked: Do you lie.

Her answer: I try not to...... unless I might be incriminated in a crime a scandal or some other mess, lose political sway, momentum a possible election and if it will make me look bad in anyway to anyone that has ever been born and might possibly consider voting democrat ...... etc. etc... I try not to lie..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 12:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Clinton asked: Do you lie.

Her answer: I try not to...... unless I might be incriminated in a crime a scandal or some other mess, lose political sway, momentum a possible election and if it will make me look bad in anyway to anyone that has ever been born and might possibly consider voting democrat ...... etc. etc... I try not to lie..........
OH and all the other candidates are just Jesus incarnate, yes? Never told a lie; never changed their minds.

Trump lies like a CHAMP and they way he deals with it is just to make the lie bigger and refuse to back down.

Yet HE is the Republican frontrunner. Give me a break.

Ya'll wouldn't know a lie if it hit you in the face.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:25 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,395,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
OH and all the other candidates are just Jesus incarnate, yes? Never told a lie; never changed their minds.

Trump lies like a CHAMP and they way he deals with it is just to make the lie bigger and refuse to back down.

Yet HE is the Republican frontrunner. Give me a break.

Ya'll wouldn't know a lie if it hit you in the face.

When Hillary lied. Americans died.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:59 PM

11,386 posts, read 16,769,363 times
Default Hillary Clinton: 'I don't believe' I have ever lied

No way!!! This woman actually believes herself or thinks the American people are fools.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, who struggles with perceptions of dishonesty in polls, said Thursday that she doesn't believe she has ever told a lie and vowed to do her best to be honest going forward.
Jimmy Carter famously pledged to the American people: "I will never lie to you." Clinton didn't quite go there when asked during an interview with CBS News if she could give a similar promise.
"You're asking me to say, 'Have I ever [lied]?' I don't believe I ever have. I don't believe I ever have. I don't believe I ever will. I am going to do the best I can to level with the American people," Clinton told anchor Scott Pelley.

Hillary Clinton: 'I don't believe' I have ever lied - AOL

Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 PM

4,267 posts, read 3,191,357 times
This alone should tell you something about her!

Old 02-19-2016, 05:24 PM

39,340 posts, read 27,722,689 times
If she said "I don't believe I have lied about important stuff, but certainly I have lied, like everybody else did." I would have some respect for her. I would still believe the statement is debatable, but at least I wouldn't question her mental state.

But "I don't believe I have ever lied, and I don't believe I ever will."

come on. comedy gold. How can you take this person seriously. Oh Boy.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,591,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
When Hillary lied. Americans died.
When Bush lied. 4500 Americans died.

And Republicans had NO problem with it. Oh, until Trump happened to mention it.

PS: Have you ever lied? Honey, that dress looks GREAT! Yes, little Joey, there IS a Santa Claus. And an Easter Bunny.

We all lie. And anyone that can't admit it - is just a liar.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:35 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,229,483 times
Clinochio lies.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:36 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,984,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
When Bush lied. 4500 Americans died.

And Republicans had NO problem with it. Oh, until Trump happened to mention it.

PS: Have you ever lied? Honey, that dress looks GREAT! Yes, little Joey, there IS a Santa Claus. And an Easter Bunny.

We all lie. And anyone that can't admit it - is just a liar.
Bush was one of the least popular presents to ever leave office and is still that way.

Santa or the presidency? One has larger implications than the other.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:01 PM

1,050 posts, read 700,621 times
If only it was so simple-- the point isn't if you lie.

We expect half truths and some white lies from politicians trying to win. This is a false argument meant to distract from the real issue.

The point is not only does she lie, but she's disingenuous. People don't trust her because she's shamelessly acted in her own self interest at the expense of the our fellow citizens time after time.

So lying isn't the point, that's too simplistic, the issue is she's got a trust problem because of her track record, flip-flopping, and accusations (of her competitor and the public) which don't add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections