Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:38 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,343,976 times

Advertisements

There is something very appealing about a young couple like Nikki and Marco. Not only are they easy on the eyes, but their youth, exuberance, style and fashion are very appealing. Wouldn't this make the ideal ticket for their party (Pres and VP)? When you consider you'll be seeing these persons on the media for the next 4 or even 8 years......

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...8f56f24dd8baf1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 07:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times
Woops, we have a escapee from the fashion and beauty section of CD

No, hardly anyone here cares about looks or how one dresses. Most here are partisans and some will vote for the un stylish Bernie Sanders because of his policy not the shoes he is wearing or neck tie. In this forum there may not be a lot of class but there is intelligent substance instead of pathetic self vanity and judging others with that standard. You would be better off going back to fashion and beauty section with this question Rubio can use the support no matter how pathetic it is. Take a poll maybe you are right and Rubio will be the front runner.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:15 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Usually I blast the libs for being superficial, but this takes the cake.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:16 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
I don`t know these people nor do I want to know them.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
I think age is a double edged sword for both inexperienc on the younger side and the same old tried ideas (for both sides of the aisle) for the older side.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:31 AM

I think y'all underestimate the power of the visual image. Sure, the talking heads in the media will go on and on about facts, and political points and so on. That's because they get paid to keep the pot stirring. And sure, there are those who think of themselves as partisan diehards. You've bought into your illusions that some politician is going to fix everything that's wrong in your lives. But that is not the majority that is out there and looks at their tv and read the newspapers and are captivated by other things. Like they say.... you eat with your eyes. But you also do a lot of other things with your eyes....

And now don't say that now I should go back to the food forum.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:40 AM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Personally, I'd rather look at Malania and Ivanka the next 8 years.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:43 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
I'm sure Rubio has thought about that. I don't think it's a good idea for a few reasons. Haley sorta screwed herself with the terrible state of the union rebuttal. I think that Rubio needs to pick a stronger conservative or else he could lose the base. A Rubio-Haley ticket would be similar to McCain/Palin.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I'm sure Rubio has thought about that. I don't think it's a good idea for a few reasons. Haley sorta screwed herself with the terrible state of the union rebuttal. I think that Rubio needs to pick a stronger conservative or else he could lose the base. A Rubio-Haley ticket would be similar to McCain/Palin.
I think there is a hugely tremendous difference between Nikki and Sarah. Nikki is a serious player... Sarah is more like a reality show queen (she wasn't interested in the day in, day out of the grind in an office). She turned herself into a sort of celebrity that enjoys being selective about her appearances. That's not Nikki. And who even heard or remembers that state of the union rebuttal? Believe me, that's not a factor.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
There is something very appealing about a young couple like Nikki and Marco. Not only are they easy on the eyes, but their youth, exuberance, style and fashion are very appealing. Wouldn't this make the ideal ticket for their party (Pres and VP)? When you consider you'll be seeing these persons on the media for the next 4 or even 8 years......

https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/sho...8f56f24dd8baf1
I don't think age is that big a factor. Rubio is young physically but his ideas are old, old, old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections