Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post

A vote for hillary is nothing more than a vote for going quietly into the night... You bet your booty someone who has been running for prez so long already has an agenda laid out, and it probably looks no better than the '90s. Nobody knows what's in there.

... We do, however, have some inkling with Bernie Sanders. Just sayin'.
This is such baloney. I am not questioning Sanders' commitment to equal justice, but why are we talking about a photo that might be Bernie Sanders 53 years ago? Who cares? This is really getting silly.

Congressman John Lewis, a Civil Rights legend, endorsed Hillary Clinton. That's good enough for me.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:19 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,978,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is such baloney. I am not questioning Sanders' commitment to equal justice, but why are we talking about a photo that might be Bernie Sanders 53 years ago? Who cares? This is really getting silly.

Congressman John Lewis, a Civil Rights legend, endorsed Hillary Clinton. That's good enough for me.
Please, no one questions all the videos and pictures of him anymore. You are beating a dead horse. All photographers have confirmed its him.

Almost all establishment politicians have endorsed Hillary. It means nothing. They have their own agendas like always.

What matters is that Hillary is a war hawk and the Clintons are responsible for the dramatic collapse of the middle class and skyrocketing inequality together with Reagan and Bush over the past 40 years. The amount of money and control the billionaire class now has over the political process is frightening. On the GOP side we have one billionaire and two billionaire puppets left: Cruz/Koch bros and Rubio/Adelson while on the Dem side we have the representative of Wall Street and big corporations and a people's candidate who live in a small house, has more ordinary donors than any candidate in history and takes on the entire power structure of the country.

With Clinton, inequality will continue to increase meaning even more control over the political system by a tiny billionaire elite, making it completely impossible to run a campaign without begging the wealthiest sectors in the country for money and in return give them what they want.

We have a choice now, but time is running out.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Please, no one questions all the videos and pictures of him anymore. You are beating a dead horse. All photographers have confirmed its him.

Almost all establishment politicians have endorsed Hillary. It means nothing. They have their own agendas like always.

What matters is that Hillary is a war hawk and the Clintons are responsible for the dramatic collapse of the middle class and skyrocketing inequality together with Reagan and Bush over the past 40 years. The amount of money and control the billionaire class now has over the political process is frightening. On the GOP side we have one billionaire and two billionaire puppets left: Cruz/Koch bros and Rubio/Adelson while on the Dem side we have the representative of Wall Street and big corporations and a people's candidate who live in a small house, has more ordinary donors than any candidate in history and takes on the entire power structure of the country.

With Clinton, inequality will continue to increase meaning even more control over the political system by a tiny billionaire elite, making it completely impossible to run a campaign without begging the wealthiest sectors in the country for money and in return give them what they want.

We have a choice now, but time is running out.
Why is it that Bernie's campaign is totally based now on being AGAINST Clinton rather than FOR his own policies?

That is never, ever a good sign in any campaign.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
I use Congressman John Lewis as an example, a man who almost lost his life marching for Civil Rights and has fought for equal justice his entire life, and you call him an "establishment politician?" This is the new buzz word that the Sanders campaign has established to attract young voters who are not yet "established" in their lives.

I was 11 in 1962 and I made a speech (as shy as I was) in front of the entire 5th grade class about segregation and how immoral it was. Maybe my elementary school can find a photo of me getting a gold star from my teacher. I was too young to march in Montgomery or Washington, but my neighbor, who was an activist, made me a junior member of the NAACP. (I babysat for her 2 children) I'm now in my 60s. Do you think anyone I know cares about that any more?

My point is that each time there is a political campaign, especially a national one, people begin digging into someone's past, searching for pictures and other information that will promote or discredit a candidate. If it's something positive, they'll say "See? Look what he did when he was a teenager. He was a boyscout!" If it's negative, they'll say, "But that was 50 years ago. The world was a lot different back then."

I like Bernie Sanders, but his entire campaign running as a Democrat is disingenuous. He has even made speeches and appeared on right-wing programs that scorn the Democrats, but now he seeks to get their support. His current position on amnesty and immigration is completely insincere.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:32 PM

1,050 posts, read 699,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why is it that Bernie's campaign is totally based now on being AGAINST Clinton rather than FOR his own policies?

That is never, ever a good sign in any campaign.
He's been saying there is something wrong w/our campaign finance and lack of consideration for the middle class.

He's saying there's something wrong w/ the whole system.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
He's been saying there is something wrong w/our campaign finance and lack of consideration for the middle class.

He's saying there's something wrong w/ the whole system.
He needs to spend a LOT more time saying what he is FOR rather than what he's against. Right now, he's dividing the Democratic party and I grow less and less fond of him daily.

And I started out really liking his rhetoric. I seriously question now his ability to accomplish any of it.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:13 AM

729 posts, read 430,160 times
"Superpredator"

lol, the title made me think of Bill Clinton for some reason.

Last edited by Manimuni; 02-24-2016 at 02:28 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 02:22 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,978,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He needs to spend a LOT more time saying what he is FOR rather than what he's against. Right now, he's dividing the Democratic party and I grow less and less fond of him daily.
Sanders is FOR a system where anyone can run for office without having to beg the richest people in the country for money. Clinton is not and 40 years of slide into plutocracy will continue with her. She calls it "single issue", yet it is a virus in our political system that impacts issue after issue after issue. It is the reason why there is such a huge disconnect between public policy and public opinion.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:39 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,451,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
but why are we talking about a photo that might be Bernie Sanders 53 years ago? Who cares? This is really getting silly.
You are indeed correct about silly. It also applies to the NY Times article (a couple weeks ago if I recall properly) about an incident involving The Donald 44 years ago. I though we got over this ancient history crap with F Lee Bailey's question about Furman using the n word in the last 10 years ... but now its gotten even worse. I wonder what the silliness will be? Perchance ... did a turdie fall out of your diaper while you were in clothing store?

El Nox

Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Sanders is FOR a system where anyone can run for office without having to beg the richest people in the country for money. Clinton is not and 40 years of slide into plutocracy will continue with her. She calls it "single issue", yet it is a virus in our political system that impacts issue after issue after issue. It is the reason why there is such a huge disconnect between public policy and public opinion.
She absolutely IS for that very same thing. Let's s tart with Citizens United.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.