Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:54 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,350,535 times

Advertisements

Like anyone cares what this washed up clown thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 01:56 PM

5,854 posts, read 5,290,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
For me, most importantly is the support of Michelle Alexander. She is regarded as a leader in the criminal justice and black lives matter movements, and has written the EXCELLENT book "The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness".

I doubt Clinton supporters will read her articles or thoughts on the matter but I really implore them to. It is so worthwhile.

Why Hillary Clinton Doesn't Deserve the Black Vote

"New Jim Crow" Author Michelle Alexander on Hillary Clinton's Embrace of Mass Incarceration - Slog - The Stranger

Cornel West is a biggie too.

I read the first article a few weeks ago. Excellent. She makes a lot of valid points.

Cat

Old 02-23-2016, 02:00 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,332,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Morgan wad very likable - up until the endorsement.
Here's the problem with Bernie Boys and Girls, you have every legitimate right to support Sanders but if Sanders fails to win the nomination you are setting up a division within the Party that is very reminiscent of the 1968 election that ushered in presidency of Richard Nixon. Either youth or historical amnesia has blinded too many of the consequences to shift away from its New Deal legacy. If the objective is to build on the Obama legacy, Democrats have to look at the long game and that means dialing back the acrimony. You can be ardent supporters of Sanders, but don't destroy the Party in the process. There are a lot of progressive Democrats for practical reasons supporting Hillary keep up the name calling and you risk derailing your own progressive agenda.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So cute, every endorsement is precious.

I would have no time to do anything but start threads if I tried to create on every time Hillary got an endorsement, of course.

These are just some recent celebrity ones, I don't have time to even cut and paste all the political ones.

Uzo Aduba
Clay Aiken
Kat Dennings
Lena Dunham
Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Will Ferrell
America Ferrera
Morgan Freeman
Ellie Goulding
Ariana Grande
Abbi Jacobson
Magic Johnson
Jon Bon Jovi
Carole King
Diane Kruger
Padma Lakshmi
Kate McKinnon
Ja Rule
Jennifer Lopez
Ne-Yo
Josh Peck
Amy Poehler
RuPaul
Snoop Dogg
Waka Flocka Flame
Kerry Washington
Olivia Wilde
Jeffrey Wright
The list of stupid people. They will be feeling the bern alright if he wins and he takes millions of their hard earned dollars and gives it to a bunch of broke losers looking for handouts.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 28 days ago)

29,595 posts, read 16,564,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Most definitely. Between Lee and Killer Mike, Bernie's really scraping the bottom of the bowl for black endorsements.
Killer Mike actually isnt a bad endorsement, he just isnt known outside of hiphop

Old 02-23-2016, 02:16 PM

1,050 posts, read 699,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Here's the problem with Bernie Boys and Girls, you have every legitimate right to support Sanders but if Sanders fails to win the nomination you are setting up a division within the Party that is very reminiscent of the 1968 election that ushered in presidency of Richard Nixon. Either youth or historical amnesia has blinded too many of the consequences to shift away from its New Deal legacy. If the objective is to build on the Obama legacy, Democrats have to look at the long game and that means dialing back the acrimony. You can be ardent supporters of Sanders, but don't destroy the Party in the process. There are a lot of progressive Democrats for practical reasons supporting Hillary keep up the name calling and you risk derailing your own progressive agenda.
The Party does not represent or defend the people it purports to.

You will find progressives w/in the "party", but they are longing to be truly represented.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Tina Turner is now an official Swiss citizen who hasn't lived in America for over twenty years. She relinquished her U.S. citizenship several years ago.

I'd call her endorsement empty and meaningless.
Doesn't mean she's clueless.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post

Oops, thought it said Tina too.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:19 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
Who ever said she was?

Old 02-23-2016, 02:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Like anyone cares what this washed up clown thinks.
I do !!!

Spike is a long time friend of mine.

I called him up and ask him what he thought about Hillary and how she should be treated in the democratic party. He said he would give her the same respect he has for Chester and sent me to this clip for clarification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections