Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:39 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
We all know Hillary and Republicans have the same big money donors behind them. Her campaign logo is a red arrow to the right to "get stuff done". CNN in fact now also thinks she is running as a Republican.

Nah....it's simpler than that...she's a pathological liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 08:40 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The only thing in your list that is baggage is the "wall street" candidate label.

Being establishment isnt baggage. If it really was, your candidate would still be an Independent, and not a Democrat.

being part of a dynasty isnt bad either, JEB Bush got creamed because he was attacked by every candidate on the debate stage with him. He was creamed because the policies of his family were considered bad.

No one called Rand Paul a dynasty candidate, because they liked his father.
She is under FBI investigation. If that's not baggage I dont know what is. Being establishment is another word for being a puppet of big money special interests. Of course its negative. Ron Paul was never the president. From the 80s...Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton? This is typical of a plutocracy. Of course its negative. Clinton is the favorite candidate for someone like Trump. He'll hit her so hard and cause a mass movement to the polls, and energize republicans like never before. Sanders on the other hand doesnt have any of this, and he crushes Clinton among white working class people and independents. He is seen as very likeable, seen very favorably, seen as very honest and trustworthy and the more people hear him the more they like him. Trump wouldnt stand a chance against him and he knows it.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:43 AM

1,050 posts, read 699,162 times
She's the Establishment's "only hope" left.

The so-called Repubs and Dems want to keep this political charade going on as long as it can.

She'll get help from both sides' backers if it comes to that.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 AM

988 posts, read 683,529 times
Of course she is establishment. The Debbie Wasserman Schultz's of the world have been carefully arranging her nomination for the past four years, to prevent the little people from choosing the candidate they want. Big mistake, in my opinion. She is not the person for the time.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Of course she is establishment. The Debbie Wasserman Schultz's of the world have been carefully arranging her nomination for the past four years, to prevent the little people from choosing the candidate they want. Big mistake, in my opinion. She is not the person for the time.
The Hillary folks are on the wrong side of history. Its only among people 50 and older where Hillary is really strong, mostly because they wrongly believe the candidate under FBI investigation who polls terribly among swing voters like independents and the white working class will do well in the general election. Progressive candidates are the future. Puppet candidates are dinosaurs.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:26 AM

988 posts, read 683,529 times
Quote:
The Hillary folks are on the wrong side of history. Its only among people 50 and older where Hillary is really strong, mostly because they wrongly believe the candidate under FBI investigation who polls terribly among swing voters like independents and the white working class will do well in the general election. Progressive candidates are the future. Puppet candidates are dinosaurs.
Yes, they have locked themselves in on a candidate who has major issues. Hillary is the last person in the race, on either side, who has my interests at heart. She is not in the race for us, but for herself and some idea of history that she has. She is like a schoolteacher who thinks she knows more than you do and tells you what the right thing for you to do is "for your own good." Her supporters strike me the same way. I know what's good for me, a $15 minimum wage, single-payer health care, etc. Supposedly single-payer health care is "unrealistic", yet it exists in every single major industrialized nation except for the U.S. If my feet are held to the fire, and it's Donald or Hillary, I'm voting Hillary, but God, what an awful candidate. The ones who might prevent Trump from winning, ironically, are Bernie supporters, if they can stomach voting for the ticket after they realize that Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the party apparatus rigged Hillary's nomination. I learned a long time ago in life than I'm not unique, so I'm not surprised to see that other people feel that Hillary is dishonest like I do. I do think that she got railroaded on Bengazi, but that doesn't exclude her being dishonest as well.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:32 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,663,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post

Yep.
Wasserman is shameless in her pandering. I can only assume she is already picking out colors for her office in Hillary's White House?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
I guess I'm curious as to your opinion about President Obama - do you also despise him?

I'm also curious as to why you would spend 90% of your time creating anti-Hillary threads VS pro-Bernie threads.

Seems a curious way for Bernie to be promoted and a very poor sign for his campaign IF all he can do is be 'anti-Hillary". Never a good sign.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess I'm curious as to your opinion about President Obama - do you also despise him?

I'm also curious as to why you would spend 90% of your time creating anti-Hillary threads VS pro-Bernie threads.

Seems a curious way for Bernie to be promoted and a very poor sign for his campaign IF all he can do is be 'anti-Hillary". Never a good sign.
I have a Bernie thread I made near the top: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...e-history.html

I'm just telling it like it is. Polling shows a huge percentage of Hillary voters vote for her because they think she is electable.

Keep in mind one thing, Ringo1. Hillary's chances in a general makes or breaks with the independents, the young voters and the white working class. All three groups are swing voters and heavily supports Bernie now.

I'm voting Jill Stein, no matter what, if Hillary is the nominee, so Obama has never been my politician.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
I have a Bernie thread I made near the top: https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...e-history.html

I'm just telling it like it is. Polling shows a huge percentage of Hillary voters vote for her because they think she is electable.

Keep in mind one thing, Ringo1. Hillary's chances in a general makes or breaks with the independents, the young voters and the white working class. All three groups are swing voters and heavily supports Bernie now.

I'm voting Jill Stein, no matter what, if Hillary is the nominee, so Obama has never been my politician.
That's one out of MANY anti-Hillary threads. I maintain - a very curious way to promote Bernie Sanders.

You know, young Republicans in Nevada were busy trying to get Dems to vote for Bernie, yes? And the reason for that is - they WANT their candidate to run against Bernie. And the reason for that is they know they will beat him.

I'm so sorry but he looked old and tired in last night's town hall screaming WALL STREET, WALL STREET, WALL STREET over and over and over. We'll see how South Carolina and Super Tuesday goes. Should be interesting at the least.

But - think of the positve - Trump will be the Republican nominee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections