Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 09:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Interesting column by Cal Thomas today.

The 'Itching Ears' of Trump Followers - Cal Thomas - Page full

Especially the quote of Paul's second letter to Timothy: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear"

I can hardly wait to hear Donny reporting his presence was foreseen in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 AM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Pretty sure that was yesterdays (2008) news

Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Especially the quote of Paul's second letter to Timothy: "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear"

I can hardly wait to hear Donny reporting his presence was foreseen in the Bible.
Omg; his trumpettes would probably agree with this.

I saw where his 'Trump University was being sued and someone pointed out that his language for promoting his fake 'University" was the same language he is using to promote himself to the presidency.

It will have terrific instructors! They will be fantastic with fantastic techniques!

And we all know how that turned out.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Pretty sure that was yesterdays (2008) news
Trump and Obama are basically the same: dictator wannabes with personality cults and adoring fans. "Hope and Change" replaced by "Make America Great Again".

Old 02-24-2016, 10:24 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Trump and Obama are basically the same: dictator wannabes with personality cults and adoring fans. "Hope and Change" replaced by "Make America Great Again".
What I have been saying since day one. God Forbid Trump is elected and proves my point even more clearly.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

That would be suicidal, if you understand what that verse is saying. I guess you don't.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:26 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Maybe if he gets the nomination he will proclaim that "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal".

Seriously, people are getting desperate and just throwing anything out there to see if it will stick at this point.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:31 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
What I have been saying since day one. God Forbid Trump is elected and proves my point even more clearly.
At this point we are basically down to either voting for Hillary and holding our noses as we do so, or hoping that Gary Johnson can pull off a miracle and beat both Trump and Hillary. Personally I will be voting for Johnson and hoping for the best.

I fear for the future of our country should Trump be elected. If he keeps his positions, we will be screwed by a fascist wannabe. If he backs away from his promises to build a wall and deport every last illegal immigrant his White nationalist fans will go ballistic and probably launch a revolution. Either way it's bad news for us Americans.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
It's funny: The GOP got Trump to pledge not to run as a third party candidate, figuring he would not last (no doubt). Now, he's still in the race, and has wiped out the GOP's primary hopeful (Jeb Bush), which is the same effect as if he had run as a third party candidate.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:35 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Cruz has already made a mockery of claiming "Biblical" status and surely must have offended every practicing Christian.

This is really a stretch and just shows how antsy the losers are getting. Yes, you, the anti-Trumps have every reason to be antsy. Try steaming off those bumper stickers for the losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections