Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 05:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Tweeting is a puss way of doing things. What happened to bringing the guy in and discussing or calling and having a man to man conversation.

Tweeting is what teenage girls do.
Exactly. Trump not only tweets and retweets as often as a teenagers but uses their vocabulary and their same lame excuses

"Fat pig"
"Moron"
"I was not treated fairly"
"Bimbo"
"I didn't write the tweet, I just retweet a lot of stuff people send me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
It's worse than that. It's publicly calling someone out without giving them an opportunity to retort except in a public forum. It's basically bullying.
That too he is a coward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
That is why Trump refuses to attend any Town halls with the other candidates. He prefers to use his "tent revivals" to bad mouth the other candidates without them having the opportunity to refute his lies. He does the same with Twitter. He then doubles down when the candidates call him out on his lies.

He is a sleaze and a bully. He has Fox News wrapped around his finger.

I would love for someone to investigate how much airtime Fox is giving Trump. Shouldn't that be considered payment in kind to his campaign?

Trump and Murdock have some back deal agreement to give Trump a free hand at Fox. I know that the party line is that Murdock is a Rubio supporter, and Rubio does get love, love, love from the talking heads on Fox. BUT no one gets the air time that Trump gets on any of the stations and there is a reason for that.

Someone needs to find out what that reason is. Sure, ratings are involved, but there is more to it than that.
Same with CNN. The excessive coverage is not coincidence.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:59 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
Y'all Better get out and Vote. These white supremacist groups really think Trump is going to help there cause

Old 02-26-2016, 11:59 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
I've read numerous theories about the blind support of Trump, a guy who thinks judges sign bills (seriously?). An interesting and logical one is that Trump is giving people permission to think and say the ugliest of thoughts and remarks. When he started calling President Obama a Kenyan and a Muslim, they loved it, just like him calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers, Muslims shouldn't be allowed in the country, etc. His supporters now had permission to say those things too and since he was a billionaire, it must be okay, right? They hated PC, they wanted to be able to say the worst out loud and proud. They have their leader now.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I've read numerous theories about the blind support of Trump, a guy who thinks judges sign bills (seriously?). An interesting and logical one is that Trump is giving people permission to think and say the ugliest of thoughts and remarks. When he started calling President Obama a Kenyan and a Muslim, they loved it, just like him calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers, Muslims shouldn't be allowed in the country, etc. His supporters now had permission to say those things too and since he was a billionaire, it must be okay, right? They hated PC, they wanted to be able to say the worst out loud and proud. They have their leader now.
Yes there you have it. They wanna be able to say what they want when they want with no accountability. This is going to get very ugly if Trump is elected

Old 02-26-2016, 03:22 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I'm not voting for Trump in the primary (GA). I am voting for Kasich. If Trump is the nominee, however, I will just sit back, relax and see what enfolds. I am old, so my frantic worry about anything political is just a waste of time anyway. In the bigger scheme of things, I have learned that my frantic worry serves no purpose anyway.
A President Trump is no more troubling than a President Obama was. As a Republican, he is much less scary to me.

Old 02-26-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Yes there you have it. They wanna be able to say what they want when they want with no accountability. This is going to get very ugly if Trump is elected
But they only want that privilage for themselves.

They are thin-skinned bullies who cannot take even the slightest form of criticism. Look at the way the react when someone calls them Trumpettes or points out anything negative about Trump

Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I am thinking that every time the candidate from the opposite party gets elected President, we all think the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Yet, we go on, and muddle through.

Whatever happens this time, even if Trump happens, we will muddle through again.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:05 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
But because I definitively dislike Clinton, Cruz, and Rubio, he's by default my second choice. Who knows, that was probably (one of) Trump's strategies all along.

So if Trump becomes president, I'll only be able to see for sure what direction he takes the country once he's settled in office. Then I'll decide what I think of him.
Thats a boat many of us find ourselves on.Last summer I laughed that Trump would bother to run,he was near the bottom of my list.Rand Paul dropped out,I look at who's left and sadly Trump looks like the best option.I can't like Cruz even though issue wise he looks good on paper.Rubio isn't ready for primetime and I can't stand Hilary Clinton.

I think Trump will do something about illegal immigration,nobody else will.I think he will manage to do some things to help the economy.I doubt he is going to be too interested in engaging us in a bunch of foreign entanglements.I hope he'll chill out a bit but I do like that he isn't afraid to push back when pushed.I think he could surround himself with smart people to advise him and be a very good president.....or he could be the worst president ever,only time will tell.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:10 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If you're one of the many who abhor Trump, will you at least give ih the benefit of a doubt and adopt a wait and see attitude after he is elected? Or will you scream for his impeachment on day one?
I will absolutely adopt a weight and sea attitude if and when he is elected. Poor joke. Will not scream for impeachment on the first day. Go Ted Cruz!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections