Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 11:50 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times

Advertisements

The problem is that there is still five republican candidates against two on the democrats side, GOP should have shaken out the chaff by now. They are a splintered party, and Trump is filling a void, they should be less worried about defeating Trump and more concerned with what their constituents want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 05:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Tyson View Post
There has been much second-guessing lately. Why didn’t party leaders stand up and try to stop Trump earlier, while there was still time? But how could they have? Trump was feeding off forces in the party they had helped nurture and that they hoped to ride into power. Some of those Republican leaders and pundits now calling for a counterrevolution against Trump were not so long ago welcoming his contribution to the debate.

Uh...."Party leaders" are the problem. Of course, few expect the Obama- and Clintonphiles at the Washington Post to acknowledge that. Obviously, the liberal electorate won't, either.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
A great op-ed on the rise of the Trump monster

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...82d_story.html
So true. If the GOP had just gotten on with it and worked with the president instead of acting like little children, they might have a viable candidate to represent them. Instead they took a vow to obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. Lol.

Now they will have to work with either Trump (who just stated that the reason Romney lost was Paul Ryan), Hillary or Bernie.

Karma.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:03 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The article's author really becomes unhinged when he writes nonsense like this:

Then there was the party’s accommodation to and exploitation of the bigotry in its ranks. No, the majority of Republicans are not bigots. But they have certainly been enablers. Who began the attack on immigrants — legal and illegal — long before Trump arrived on the scene and made it his premier issue? Who was it who frightened Mitt Romney into selling his soul in 2012, talking of “self-deportation” to get himself right with the party’s anti-immigrant forces? Who was it who opposed any plausible means of dealing with the genuine problem of illegal immigration, forcing Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) to cower, abandon his principles — and his own immigration legislation — lest he be driven from the presidential race before it had even begun?

---------------------------------------
No one is attacking legal immigrants. However, we, as a nation, simply can not continue to take in 1 million legal immigrants per annum as we don't have unlimited natural resources or buildable land.

Being against illegal immigration does not make one "a bigot" as there is nothing bigoted about expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws. The author is another one who deliberately blurs the lines between legal and illegal immigration.

As for Rubio, he was originally against amnesty. Then he joined the Gang of 8. The part about Rubio abandoning his principles---he had no principles to begin with.

And then there is more nonsense:

Then there was the Obama hatred, a racially tinged derangement syndrome that made any charge plausible and any opposition justified.

Did it ever occur to the author that the dislike of Obama had nothing to do with his race? Instead, it was his policies that caused the dislike.
Some people disliked him before he was sworn in.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:08 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Some people disliked him before he was sworn in.
True. I disliked him when he was running for president. My gut feeling told me that he would be bad for America. Sadly, I was correct

Old 02-26-2016, 06:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
True. I disliked him when he was running for president. My gut feeling told me that he would be bad for America. Sadly, I was correct
This thread is about Trump, to whom we may assume you are referring? I agree--he will be very bad for America.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
Quote:
Yeah, you were probably sure of it as soon as you saw that black face.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
No .... the real difference is everything out of Trump's trap is total BS!

He has never once yet been able to lay out a single example of how he will accomplish a single one of his asinine claims!
Because it is common knowledge. The same way most presidents have accomplished anything.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Come on then, name one single plan he has to accomplish his BS boasts, you can't do it, because there isn't one, NOT EVEN ONE!

Go ahead.....search your little heart out hahahahahahahaha!
Try checking out his website and reading his books.

d'uh.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-27-2016 at 04:14 AM..

Old 02-27-2016, 04:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Even the Republicans cant stand Trump. Yes, the monster analogy is a good one.

7 Astounding Confessions From Conservatives About the Dismal State of the GOP and Likely Nominee Trump | Alternet

I love my old pals from high school in the bible belt but they have embraced the ignorant side of themselves willingly by voting fro Trump and I just hope they are joking and funning and not really serious about supporting him.
Both the GOP and the Dems have failed America.

So we have Trump.

Don't like it?

Too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So true. If the GOP had just gotten on with it and worked with the president instead of acting like little children, they might have a viable candidate to represent them. Instead they took a vow to obstruct, obstruct, obstruct. Lol.
Work with that Muslim, terrorist, traitor, coward, liar, phony, racist-against-whites, con artist Communist?

Why should they?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Yeah, you were probably sure of it as soon as you saw that black face.
It was more that self-satisfied smirk and phony-baloney, "goody two shoes," narcissistic, "I'm so young and cool and beautiful and enlightened," finger-wagging, know-it-all-(when he knew nothing), affirmative-action-entitled, school teacher, "vote for me because I'm black"
approach of his.

Weren't the seas supposed to stop rising the day he got elected?

Exactly why was he awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for doing exactly nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections