Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 10:45 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,296,796 times

Advertisements

Kick the can down the road.

America should have kicked that can down the road in 1989......

Better yet the French colony there is a wall in DC no one outside the baby boomers really care about sadly.

That's why you should never say #neverTrump. Because America should not have to do it all

America should be enjoying Switzerland healthcare while the United Kingdom bears the responsibility to defend mainland Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 11:11 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,296,796 times
America had a choice when the wall fell in East and West Germany.

America embraced that new world order. America embraced nafta America embraced globalism. America was silly enough to believe the Middle East would accept democracy ( in the western civilization thinking ).

Who knew the Mid East (and the world) would vote for a Islamic state of ( hey thank some power for the godless Egyptian military that overthrew that to the chagrin of Obama ) Syria and Iraq?

America has a choice in 2016.

America does not have to do it all.

America doesn't even have to defend all 50 of her States.

One of them has a kingdom they want to get back to.

Anyone else want to leave?

Old 02-27-2016, 05:43 AM

26,007 posts, read 22,198,629 times
America can't afford to do it all. We have become the door mat of the world. I don't think there is one country that has any respect for the US, and I certainly don't blame them. They have used us and nearly used us up and that makes this election critical.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:42 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,563,196 times
Just to be clear.

The entire #NeverTrump movement is essentially voting for Hillary.

You can justify it in your mind however you'd like, but just know that the fact of the matter is you are now a Hillary supporter.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Talking #NeverTrump

Welp...

So much for that little folly.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,541,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Just to be clear.

You can justify it in your mind however you'd like, but just know that the fact of the matter is you are now a Hillary supporter.
No, voting for Hillary is voting for Hillary, and voting for Trump is in fact voting for Trump, regardless of how anyone may try to convince themselves otherwise. This thinly-veiled manipulative ploy has worked in the past, but not this time. Not on behalf of a world-class turd like Donald Trump.

People of principle will not vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, and people who do vote for either of these two are clearly not principled people.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,849,215 times
Quote:
Just to be clear.

Just to be clear, #NeverTrump is about principles. I did not conscript my principles or my vote when I became a member of the Republican party. I have EVERY MORAL right to GIVE my vote to the candidate that EARNS it. That candidate needs to align with my principles and my vision of what the leader of the US should and will stand for.

I do not and never will support a progressive in the WH. That rules out Hilary and Trump.

I am NOT going to be the Donald's scapegoat for his failure to uphold the principles of the GOP, thus failing to EARN the votes of millions of Conservative f/k/a Republican party members.

If the GOP chooses to nominate a liberal democrat as the representative candidate of their party, they have every right to do so. If their candidate loses it is on THEM and on Donald and his fan base.

The liberal Donald fans are ALREADY looking for scapegoats to blame their loss on in November.

Guess what? YOU WANTED DONALD. DEAL WITH IT. YOU OWN IT!!!

#NeverTrump

Old 05-06-2016, 11:58 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Quote:
Just to be clear.

I think there is going to be a third party candidate emerge pretty soon here that they will be able to get behind. Maybe Rubio who could pull enough from both Trump and Clinton to put the election in the House.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:04 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,461,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Just to be clear, #NeverTrump is about principles. I did not conscript my principles or my vote when I became a member of the Republican party. I have EVERY MORAL right to GIVE my vote to the candidate that EARNS it. That candidate needs to align with my principles and my vision of what the leader of the US should and will stand for.

I do not and never will support a progressive in the WH. That rules out Hilary and Trump.

I am NOT going to be the Donald's scapegoat for his failure to uphold the principles of the GOP, thus failing to EARN the votes of millions of Conservative f/k/a Republican party members.

If the GOP chooses to nominate a liberal democrat as the representative candidate of their party, they have every right to do so. If their candidate loses it is on THEM and on Donald and his fan base.

The liberal Donald fans are ALREADY looking for scapegoats to blame their loss on in November.

Guess what? YOU WANTED DONALD. DEAL WITH IT. YOU OWN IT!!!

#NeverTrump
That's fine, just understand that there are even more people who wouldn't vote for a nutty religious freak either which for some reason you must be in order to be allowed to support "conservatism".

Old 05-06-2016, 12:08 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,563,196 times
They are all very vocally #NeverTrump, when in fact if they had any sense, they would be shouting #NeverHillary.

The fact that they despise Trump more than Hillary is quite telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections