Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 11:52 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,449,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He was elected to Congress as a Republican...
He was NEVER elected to congress as anything.He won a special election to a vacated seat in in the Louisiana statehouse and served the one term.He failed in multiple attempts to win various offices as a democrat,republican,and independent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 11:52 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,119,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The smear Trump campaign is in full assault mode. Trump supporters man the ramparts and lets see if when the smoke clears the flag is still there.
Does it not bother you that a man who is running for president says that he knows nothing about the KKK?

Old 02-28-2016, 11:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,308,190 times
Trump still can't find 100 black pastors who will support him..... and he refuses to denounce the Klan.

Obviously the black pastors are clued in on who and what Trump really is.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:55 AM

11,109 posts, read 9,875,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The smear Trump campaign is in full assault mode. Trump supporters man the ramparts and lets see if when the smoke clears the flag is still there.
'smear' = pointing out what Trump says ...

It's pretty funny watching the Branch Trumpidians chug the Kol-Aid straight from the pitcher!

Old 02-28-2016, 11:55 AM

15,580 posts, read 10,590,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He denounced David Duke's support during a press conference.
He repeated it again this morning, tweeted I disavow David Duke's support.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:58 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,713,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Good lord, now he's quoting fascist Benito Mussolini!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...00742961270784

“It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep.” ― Benito Mussolini

He thinks it a good quote

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/703992857879834624

7,293 posts, read 4,119,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
He repeated it again this morning, tweeted I disavow David Duke's support.
Transcript from this morning's interview:

JAKE TAPPER (HOST): I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage. Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don't want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

DONALD TRUMP: Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

TAPPER: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is even if you don't know about their endorsement there are these groups and individuals endorsing you, would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don't want their support?

TRUMP: Well I have to look at the group. I don't know what group you are talking about, you wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about; I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong, but --

TAPPER: The Ku Klux Klan?

TRUMP: -- you may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups, and I'll let you know.

TAPPER: OK, I mean I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but --

TRUMP: I don't know any -- honestly I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him, and I just don't know anything about him.

5,347 posts, read 7,224,244 times
I'm sure there are klan supporters on this very site

22,239 posts, read 19,558,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
He was NEVER elected to congress as anything.He won a special election to a vacated seat in in the Louisiana statehouse and served the one term.He failed in multiple attempts to win various offices as a democrat,republican,and independent.
I corrected my post, was typing it out to quick and somehow removed half of my post. He won a State House seat as a Republican and won, later ran for President, Governor and Congress as a Republican, placing 2nd in the Jungle Primary (leading all Republicans) when he ran for Governor.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,301,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
He doesn't know they are a white supremacist organization with a history of murder, terrorism, and conspiracy?

he didn't say that...he said he doesn't know any of these white supremacist groups who call themselves the K.K.K. endorsing him.......is not like the leader of these groups called Trump and endorsed him on the phone.

the media looking for ratings and morons who fall for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections