Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 12:47 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He said

I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

Means that I have nothing to do with d or white supremacists.
Oh please, he was asked quite simply to denounce it and he refused to do so. He couldn't have been handed an easier softball question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 12:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,281,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You must have not seen the interview this morning.

I saw the interview......you wanted Trump to stand up and say NO NO NO DUKE!.....LMAO!

NOTHING in Trump's proposals is a white supremacist ideology.......move on!

Old 02-28-2016, 12:48 PM

39,245 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Riiiiiight.
I am sorry that you disagree. But based on what he said

This is what he said

"I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," he said. "So I don't know. I don't know -- did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

My translation is that:

I certainly have no ideas David Duke or the KKK endorsed me because I had no relationships or had nothing to do with them.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:51 PM

11,841 posts, read 5,823,197 times
agua - keeping your profile private tends to make people think you're hiding something or from someone - so keep spinning your wheels and maybe - just maybe - someone will give a carp

7,293 posts, read 4,101,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so how many times Trump has to denounce Duke to be O.K. for you?
At this point, I don't think anyone knows who the real Trump is.

He is definitely a narcissistic egomaniac who's hell bent on winning no matter what.

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:

There was a KKK rally just a few days ago in Anaheim, CA.
That was yesterday. A small group of Klan members tried to rally at a park. They were met by a larger group of Anaheim residents who told them, basically, to get the F out of Anaheim.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:53 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,101,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
agua - keeping your profile private tends to make people think you're hiding something or from someone - so keep spinning your wheels and maybe - just maybe - someone will give a carp
Really? I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about me. But please don't give me a carp. Aren't they bottom feeders?

Old 02-28-2016, 12:54 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Transcript from an interview THIS MORNING:

JAKE TAPPER (HOST): I want to ask you about the Anti-Defamation League, which this week called on you to publicly condemn unequivocally the racism of former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke, who recently said that voting against you at this point would be treason to your heritage. Will you unequivocally condemn David Duke and say that you don't want his vote or that of other white supremacists in this election?

DONALD TRUMP: Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

TAPPER: But I guess the question from the Anti-Defamation League is even if you don't know about their endorsement there are these groups and individuals endorsing you, would you just say unequivocally you condemn them and you don't want their support?

TRUMP: Well I have to look at the group. I don't know what group you are talking about, you wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about; I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong, but --

TAPPER: The Ku Klux Klan?

TRUMP: -- you may have groups in there that are totally fine and it would be very unfair. So give me a list of the groups, and I'll let you know.

TAPPER: OK, I mean I'm just talking about David Duke and the Ku Klux Klan here, but --

TRUMP: I don't know any -- honestly I don't know David Duke. I don't believe I've ever met him. I'm pretty sure I didn't meet him, and I just don't know anything about him.
Where is the video of this conversation, because the transcript clearly notates that they were talking over each other. That's what -- means. It looks like to me that Trump was talking about how he doesn't know David Duke, doesn't know all the groups that have endorsed him, but if Tapper wanted to give him a list of those groups, he would research them, and Trapper was talking while Trump was talking.

For those who don't know transcription, -- does not mean a pause, it means the conversation is overlapping - both people are talking at the same time.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:55 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,161,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Come on people, he twittered that he disavows.

Now put this to rest.
You and I both know there's no headlines or money in that!

Old 02-28-2016, 12:56 PM

39,245 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh please, he was asked quite simply to denounce it and he refused to do so. He couldn't have been handed an easier softball question...
In my opinion, the sneaky interviewer put him on the spot, I would have said the same thing if I were Trump, perhaps a little but more confrontational. The interviewer had a hidden agenda.

I would have said, "Why do you ask ME to denounce it in public? do you think I have something to do with the KKK or David Duke?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections