Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 02:33 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You remind me of Westside Story...

Deny, Deny it's all we do is deny...

Hmmm. maybe I got the lyrics wrong.
I don't endorse lies, if that's what you mean.

I'm not going to buy the books for you, get them yourself and educate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 02:35 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
The liberal news media makes a fool of themselves again. Just because someone endorses a candidate doesn't mean a candidate sought that endorsement. For Jake Tappert to pretend he didn't know that shows how discredited the liberal news media is.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:36 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No. YOU need to study up on the history of the racist Democratic party before you endorse them.

And I'm still waiting for you to prove that Trump's base is white supremacists.
I said that thousands of his supporters are sympathetic to white supremacist (or white nationalist) ideology. He constantly makes hostile remarks about Mexicans and Muslims and his supporters wildly cheer him on. If you don't see it you're not looking at it.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:39 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The liberal news media makes a fool of themselves again. Just because someone endorses a candidate doesn't mean a candidate sought that endorsement. For Jake Tappert to pretend he didn't know that shows how discredited the liberal news media is.
Of course not, but decent people quickly denounce an endorsement from despicable organizations once they learn of it. You also have to examine why an organization decided to endorse a particular candidate.

Mick

Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
True, however its not JUST that. Trump has been caught re-tweeting white supremacists on his Twitter multiple times, there are pro Trump white supremacist robocalls going on in several states and the KKK has been supporting and endorsing Trump since last summer. Trump plays dumb every time he's asked about any of this but he knows every word someone says about him online or in the media within 10 minutes? Please. Not only is he a pathetic fraud, he's also a racist and sexist bigot.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:44 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I said that thousands of his supporters are sympathetic to white supremacist (or white nationalist) ideology. He constantly makes hostile remarks about Mexicans and Muslims and his supporters wildly cheer him on. If you don't see it you're not looking at it.
Do you have proof of this. Why is that so hard to come up with? Show the proof that "thousands of his supporters are sympathetic to white supremacists". PROVE it.

Also, here's a little light reading:

Conservatism does not equal racism. So why do many liberals assume it does?

National Review Online

And a book:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0230116469/...shistory_6.php

Totally debunks that complete and utter fabrication that libs try to say was the "Southern Strategy". Yes, there was a "Southern Strategy", but it was NOT for the reasons that libs try to pretend that it was. There was no "switch" when the libs say there was, nor how the libs say there was.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sigh. Apparently this must be done step by step.

Tapper's first question asked about "former KKK and white supremacist David Duke".

Trump responds that he doesn't even know David Duke nor what Tapper is talking about. Doesn't know anything about white supremacy or supremacists (which means he doesn't know wth Tapper is talking about in regards to some group endorsing him), he can't talk about them because he doesn't know anything about them, AGAIN that does not mean he's never heard of it, he is saying he doesn't KNOW these people, as in, does not keep their company, does not talk to them. It's really not that difficult to figure out if you were being honest.

Then Tapper says that even if Trump doesn't know anything about groups supporting or endorsing him, would he unequivocally denounce them. (No mention of KKK or white supremacy, just "groups").

To that, Trump replies that he has to look at the groups. I mean, what a stupid question that was. "If you don't know that person, are you going to say that they're horrible people even if you don't know who they are or that they endorsed you". Seriously?

Then Trump says he has to know which groups are endorsing him, if Tapper would like to give him a list of those groups, he would be happy to search them.

At that point, Tapper mumbles WHILE TRUMP IS STILL TALKING, "KKK" which Trump did not hear, because Trump was still talking.

Then Tapper says, I'm just talking about David Duke and the KKK....which he said in the beginning was former KKK. If Trump doesn't know jack about David Duke, and Tapper introduced the name David Duke as a FORMER KKK member, then one could reasonably believe that Trump thinks he's only talking about David Duke...who he has stated he doesn't know. As in, does not hang out with him, chat with him, not that he's never heard of him.

Seriously. You people are looking for a smear where there is no smear.
You are one of those who claims Trump cannot be dumb if he is a successful business man, that he will be presidential, that he will stop insulting everybody and their mothers once he becomes president. However apparently when it fits your "defend Trump at all costs" agenda Trump can be dumb as a rock and completely clueless.

You state He didn't hear the KKK reference. Please. Like another poster said Trump apparently just needs some extra time to figure out which KKK groups he will support.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:52 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump DOES know who David Duke is:

Trump responded to being asked about the comments by telling the press, "I didn't even know he endorsed me. David Duke he endorsed me, OK? I disavow. OK?"

I don’t need his endorsement; I certainly wouldn’t want his endorsement.. I don’t need anyone’s endorsement.” ~ Donald Trump

Asked whether he would repudiate the endorsement, Trump said “Sure, I would if that would make you feel better.” So Trump is all about making the media feel better now? He also said that he hopes there is not something in his message that is striking a chord with the “wrong kind of people.” FYI – He means people like you and me.

“I don’t need his endorsement; I certainly wouldn’t want his endorsement... I don’t need anyone’s endorsement.”
Asked whether he would repudiate the endorsement, Trump said “Sure, I would if that would make you feel better.”

I don't know, why do you?
When you tell someone "I'll do it if that makes you feel better" what you are really saying is , "I don't feel like doing it but you are annoying me so I'll say what you want me to say so you can shut up already".

Old 02-28-2016, 03:01 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Oh, that David Duke...

-Trump (now)

No matter. This is not going to cost him any votes. Just adds to the mountain of dirt the Dems have on him already.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
I am watching the Alabama rally live. Don't see people streaming out in protest. I am sure something else will come up soon that would FINALLY make him drop out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections