Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 06:19 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,187,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The crowd was obnoxious and did not let the soldier talk. The the Clinton gestapo took him out.

Like I said in the first few pages; I think that was more disturbing to me. I know they were there to hear the former Commander and Chief; I just thought it was very disrespectful to boo anybody that put their life on the line to save their lives. I know that the veteran was insistent and could have been a plant; I just felt the crowd could have shown more class. The crowd's response was more of paid supporters than of average citizens that came to hear Bill Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,816,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like I said in the first few pages; I think that was more disturbing to me. I know they were there to hear the former Commander and Chief; I just thought it was very disrespectful to boo anybody that put their life on the line to save their lives. I know that the veteran was insistent and could have been a plant; I just felt the crowd could have shown more class. The crowd's response was more of paid supporters than of average citizens that came to hear Bill Clinton.
Save our lives?

Did I miss the part where Iraq invaded the US ?

GUESTS at political rallies tend to be strong supporters. It common stuff for the crowds to turn on hecklers or those who seek to promote an alternative view.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:59 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,124,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Does anyone remember, four years ago, when the gay Marine veteran was booed at a Republican campaign rally?
Yes.

Of course, when you point this out conservatives will swear up and down they were just booing the fiscal part of the gay soldier...

Old 02-27-2016, 07:15 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Breaking=> Bill Clinton Snaps at Veteran - Tells Him to "Shut Up and Listen!" (Video) - The Gateway Pundit. Our Presidents want our troops to put their lives on the line to protect our Country and they cannot take the time to answer hard questions. I know that the veteran got loud; I just think this is a terrible way to treat our soldiers that we rely on for protection. Here is one more link to the same story: VIDEO: Bill Clinton snaps at veteran during speech: ‘Shut up and listen to my answer’ | The American Mirror.
Bill Clinton wasn't rude. He was asking the cops to let the guy stay and listen to the answer.

The crowd was very rude, trying to silence him..which is typical.

I'd love to be able to bash on a Clinton here, but Bill was not rude to him.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,691,747 times
When a cop tells you to do something, you do it. It doesn't matter what Bill Clinton says.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:17 AM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No, the speaker was obnoxious and wouldn't let Clinton answer the question.
We all know the dems don't care about our soldiers. Four dead and they care more about terrorists muslims, illegals but hate there own who protect us. .

Old 02-28-2016, 06:24 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,124,295 times
Quote:
We all know the dems don't care about our soldiers. Four dead and they care more about terrorists muslims, illegals but hate there own who protect us. .
Care to elaborate and provide examples?

Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Bill Clinton snaps at veteran and throws him out.

Does being a veteran suddenly entitle you to special treatment even if you're an ahole?

Old 02-28-2016, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,735,521 times
Quote:
"Four dead," none of whom were soldiers.

Interesting how those "four dead" carry so much more weight than the 4000+ actual military service members dead as the result of bald-faced lies.

I've stopped trying to understand why that is and have accepted that for far too many, those serving are simply to be used as political fodder when convenient.

To remember one while ignoring the other is the height of hypocrisy.
Anyone who does so is no patriot.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,571,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Care to elaborate and provide examples?
They can't. They just parrot the right wing talking points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Four dead," none of whom were soldiers.

Interesting how those "four dead" carry so much more weight than the 4000+ actual military service members dead as the result of bald-faced lies.

I've stopped trying to understand why that is and have accepted that for far too many, those serving are simply to be used as political fodder when convenient.

To remember one while ignoring the other is the height of hypocrisy.
Anyone who does so is no patriot.
Yes. Would be nice if they cared at ALL about the 4500 killed in Iraq. Idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections