Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 05:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But she is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of women and children in Iraq and Libya though. And she promises more war with Henry "the Butcher" Kissinger as her close friend and adviser. What's so great about that? Trump is a dove compared to Hillary.
Yes, she's more of a hawk than I'd like. The difference between Clinton and Trump? He's a "hot reactor" and not an especially deep thinker. A lot like W in that respect. When it comes to foreign policy, the reality is that a *touch* of cold and calculated cunning is not out of place.

Kissinger, like Cheney, was a tool that was given too free rein. They are both highly intelligent, but the conscience has to be provided by somebody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
She has potential as a poll dancer ?

Old 02-27-2016, 06:00 PM

3,333 posts, read 1,967,704 times
Default Watching the live feeds and

I see a lot of signs that read "Fighting for Us". Who is she fighting and what for? Why do democrats have to have an enemy to energize their base?

Old 02-27-2016, 06:01 PM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Gender, attachment to popular former president, promises for free stuff, promises for continuation of BHO policies (maintain status quo - ie Gay, Lesbian, Whatever rights along with other liberal ideals).....I'm not a fan but those are possible reasons why people would consider her.
According to Hillary - White Privilege and Racism and the biggest issues in our country today.
She has to have the Black Vote ........ it is her only chance. The fact that she is a criminal doesn't impact these Lemming Voters at all as long as she screams Racist,Racist,Racist all over the South.

Time will tell if that blind vote will be enough to get her into the Oval Office.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:01 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,335,867 times
What is Hillary's appeal?

She isn't Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz, I think that is a good jumping off spot for any further discussion of the issue.

(PS - thank you for whittling down the candidates, the last time I had to write something like this it took entirely too long.)

Old 02-27-2016, 06:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,497,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
She has potential as a poll dancer ?
I almost threw up, but then I realized the spelling.

No idea of her appeal. Brain dead Americans that want more of the same I guess.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:21 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,970,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
What is Hillary's appeal?

She isn't Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz, I think that is a good jumping off spot for any further discussion of the issue.

(PS - thank you for whittling down the candidates, the last time I had to write something like this it took entirely too long.)
For every Hillary supporter I've met and every Hillary supporter on this board, this is the entirety of the discussion. It's never I like Hillary for her stance on such and such

It's she's not a Republican
She's electable
She's experienced.

She doesn't have a real platform, she never really did, she's fluid. That's not necessarily bad, but to me it come across like this:

I am a Progressive who gets things done --Election Season
Sorry we can't do that but let's pass this TPP! It will be good for all. ---President.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:30 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,336,038 times
Hillary is intelligent, can think quickly on her feet. Of all the candidates running for President, Hillary is the most qualified to be President.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:40 PM

7,657 posts, read 8,731,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
She's tough, resilient, smart, fearless, cagy when she has to be. Can change her mind as situations evolve. Those are *good* traits in a president.
In honesty I thought this was meant to be sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
I see a lot of signs that read "Fighting for Us". Who is she fighting and what for? Why do democrats have to have an enemy to energize their base?
I think she has a double meaning in that slogan. Only she knows whom she truly means by "us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hillary is intelligent, can think quickly on her feet. Of all the candidates running for President, Hillary is the most qualified to be President.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:41 PM

3,862 posts, read 1,796,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I prefer Sanders - he's more liberal and less hawkish -

quick question what does less hawkish mean?

Sanders wants all Americans to succeed. I think he's a better candidate as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections