Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 07:43 PM

273 posts, read 140,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You're wrong on this one. She is fantastic with women's issues and she has been fighting for them her entire career.
Just ask Monica and Jennifer, I am sure they love HILdebeast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 07:50 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,544,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
She isn't Donald Trump, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz
That right there is enough for me.
I agree with her on most issues, certainly more than I do with other candidates. She's always been an advocate for women's legal issues and that's important to me.
That she's smart, savvy, experienced, tough, resilient, articulate, and has a good wingman is a bonus.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,774,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
quick question what does less hawkish mean?

Sanders wants all Americans to succeed. I think he's a better candidate as well.
I think Sanders would be a lot more reluctant to employ troops than Clinton would be. But each would be far more inclined to build international coalitions before aiming the guns than Trump would be. I also think Sanders is far more likely to rein in the drones than either Clinton or Trump. And far more likely to take a good hard look at CIA operations and domestic spying.

But the very sad truth is that I think it highly unlikely that we will be bringing the troops home any time soon.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
1. She couldn't even handle the Secretary of State responsibilities. What makes anyone think she can handle being president?? She couldn't even handle a subordinates job

2. She has no real beliefs. One of those types of people that will just say anything to get elected
3. She's an arrogant/corrupted witch

What is wrong with the people of this country?

My only thought is people just want to stay on the gravy train.
Once again, you have been fooled by the right wing talking points on Benghazi. Numerous hearings and not one thing found. Not one AND they have admitted that it was a political maneuver to hurt her this election season. IF she doesn't win - you will never hear about Benghazi again. Because the republicans will no longer care.

Those that worked with her as SOS said she did a fabulous job and worked like a dog. As a Senator, she had a 69% approval rating - which is very high for a sitting Senator.

She's smart and has been working for the rights of others since college.

I watched her testify for 8 hours under very hostile circumstances. Never lost her cool. Trump can't keep his cool - ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You're wrong on this one. She is fantastic with women's issues and she has been fighting for them her entire career.
Where have people been that they don't know this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But she is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands of women and children in Iraq and Libya though. And she promises more war with Henry "the Butcher" Kissinger as her close friend and adviser. What's so great about that? Trump is a dove compared to Hillary.
Let's put that blame right where it belongs - to Bush/Cheney. She voted, along with many others, based on the information she was provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hillary is intelligent, can think quickly on her feet. Of all the candidates running for President, Hillary is the most qualified to be President.
It's obvious.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:09 PM

1,553 posts, read 926,821 times
She doesn't have an 'R' after her name...

Old 02-27-2016, 08:10 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,544,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Let's put that blame right where it belongs - to Bush/Cheney. She voted, along with many others, based on the information she was provided.
This, plus at the time she was a Senator representing the state arguably most impacted by the events of 9/11. Her liberal colleague Chuck Schumer voted with her.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM

32,102 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
1. She couldn't even handle the Secretary of State responsibilities. What makes anyone think she can handle being president?? She couldn't even handle a subordinates job

2. She has no real beliefs. One of those types of people that will just say anything to get elected
3. She's an arrogant/corrupted witch

What is wrong with the people of this country?

My only thought is people just want to stay on the gravy train.
Nothing is wrong with them. Most vote party lines regardless of the candidate. They vote on issues they believe in. That goes for republicans as well.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:22 PM

207 posts, read 119,721 times
She is morally bankrupt, corrupt, dishonest, incompetent in everything except scheming and manipulating, and is married to a sexual deviant.

Same stuff that is glorified on TV, so it's no doubt much of America will vote for her. They subconsciously can't tell the difference between TV/Hollywood and reality.

Trump is the only hope, but I bet he will be assassinated by one or both establishments if it looks like he's going to make it. Even the media is only showing the worst news, clips, and sound bytes associated with Trump to try to stop his momentum. They've tried to derail him on every possible thing so far and their next effort will be to crucify him on his tax returns. I hope he can weather the storm, but like I said, if he does they will just kill him off before he makes it into office.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,151,306 times
Bush came into office right after Clinton.

Bush was such a disaster, that Clinton was seen as the 'better times' due to sheer contrast. So the Clinton administration enjoyed a bit of a halo effect from that.

So they see Wifey Clinton running and think she'll be amazing when in fact they probably only thought Bill was amazing because he wasn't *epically* incompetent like Bush was.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:47 PM

207 posts, read 119,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Bush came into office right after Clinton.

Bush was such a disaster, that Clinton was seen as the 'better times' due to sheer contrast. So the Clinton administration enjoyed a bit of a halo effect from that.

So they see Wifey Clinton running and think she'll be amazing when in fact they probably only thought Bill was amazing because he wasn't *epically* incompetent like Bush was.
I very much agree with this, and add the this the extreme fortune of Clinton benefiting from Bush 41's policies (which take years to fully manifest) and the major economic boost of the dot com boom he was lucky to be the president during.

Think about it folks, the American public majority was dumb enough to vote Obama in TWICE, so they're definitely dumb enough to vote Hillary in over the above pretenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections