Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:01 AM

3,333 posts, read 1,967,269 times

Advertisements

A large part of her appeal is Bill Clinton and his slickness. He looks so sickly these days, what will happen to her administration if he dies while she is in office?

Last edited by enraeh; 02-28-2016 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: Content added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 05:22 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
She is morally bankrupt, corrupt, dishonest, incompetent in everything except scheming and manipulating, and is married to a sexual deviant.

Same stuff that is glorified on TV, so it's no doubt much of America will vote for her. They subconsciously can't tell the difference between TV/Hollywood and reality.

Trump is the only hope, but I bet he will be assassinated by one or both establishments if it looks like he's going to make it. Even the media is only showing the worst news, clips, and sound bytes associated with Trump to try to stop his momentum. They've tried to derail him on every possible thing so far and their next effort will be to crucify him on his tax returns. I hope he can weather the storm, but like I said, if he does they will just kill him off before he makes it into office.
Perfect description. I was reading through the thread to find out what her appeal was and thus far, almost finished, I don't see anything that holds water. The woman is washed up and will drive our country further into 3rd world status. Poverty, crime and jobs are the issues of the country. Someone pass that on to her.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
She is morally bankrupt, corrupt, dishonest, incompetent in everything except scheming and manipulating, and is married to a sexual deviant.

Same stuff that is glorified on TV, so it's no doubt much of America will vote for her. They subconsciously can't tell the difference between TV/Hollywood and reality.

Trump is the only hope, but I bet he will be assassinated by one or both establishments if it looks like he's going to make it. Even the media is only showing the worst news, clips, and sound bytes associated with Trump to try to stop his momentum. They've tried to derail him on every possible thing so far and their next effort will be to crucify him on his tax returns. I hope he can weather the storm, but like I said, if he does they will just kill him off before he makes it into office.
You are giving credit to 25 years of the Republican smear campaign. And you must be joking about the media. It's Trump 24/7. They LOVE him. His antics boost their ratings.

Anyone voting for Trump has zero credibility when it comes to discussing Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Bush came into office right after Clinton.

Bush was such a disaster, that Clinton was seen as the 'better times' due to sheer contrast. So the Clinton administration enjoyed a bit of a halo effect from that.

So they see Wifey Clinton running and think she'll be amazing when in fact they probably only thought Bill was amazing because he wasn't *epically* incompetent like Bush was.
"Wifey' Clinton enjoyed very high ratings as a Senator and those that worked with her (not the sweat faced Trey Gowdy) as SOS - gave her high marks as SOS.

Clinton years were good financial years for most of us whether you were around for it or not. Companies were thriving and hiring; it was an employees market (vs employer's market); raises were in the 8 to 10% range (as opposed to the 1 to 2% every since Bush). So yeah; we get nostalgic when we talk about those times. Bush was just a disaster.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:36 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times
Quote:

I agree.

Quote:
I disagree. You have more faith in Trump's 'conversion', and in the voting populace than I do. One can be tough without being insulting. At least publicly, Trump doesn't seem to know the difference. I'm curious re what Trump has done, other than open his mouth, to make his 'conservative conversion' believable?....things that he did without fanfare that people only later found out about would best demonstrate this. Re the voting populace, I think the 'first woman president' meme is too important to too many people for Hildebeast to lose.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:16 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,101,840 times
You want to know Clinton's appeal?
Is called Trump,Rubio and Cruz

Those choices have actually made her open to consideration to many voters that would have passed on her.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:21 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
The very same goes for Trump. I don't understand the appeal for either of them. The lesser evil however I consider to be Hilary.
TAXES:
Trump- lower personal and business taxes

Hillary- higher personal income taxes and maintain corporate taxes

IMMIGRATION:

Trump- build a wall and deport illegals; keep dangerous Muslims out.

Hillary- no wall and flood of illegals as usual. Import Muslims

GAY MARRAIGE AND ABORTION

Trump- okay with both

Hillary- okay with both

TRADE

Trump- dump NAFTA, Pac Rim, and China Trade Policy

Hillary- NAFTA, China trade policy, and Pac Rim is okay

WALL STREET

Trump- Reinstate Glass-Steagle and greater regulation of Wall Street

Hillary- Wall Street and the big banks are fine

GLOBAL WARMING

Trump- it is a fraud- stop the war on coal and carbon tax intiatives

Hillary- it is a fact- kill the coal industry and advance carbon taxes

FOREIGN POLICY

Trump- Speak loudly and carry a big stick. Re-establish traditional allies shunned by Obama.

Hillary- Mideast in flames due to her policy. The Chinese are her friends, so their advances are okay

OBAMACARE

Trump- dump it

Hillary- expand it

Let's vote

Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM

1,184 posts, read 721,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are giving credit to 25 years of the Republican smear campaign. And you must be joking about the media. It's Trump 24/7. They LOVE him. His antics boost their ratings.

Anyone voting for Trump has zero credibility when it comes to discussing Clinton.

"Wifey' Clinton enjoyed very high ratings as a Senator and those that worked with her (not the sweat faced Trey Gowdy) as SOS - gave her high marks as SOS.

Clinton years were good financial years for most of us whether you were around for it or not. Companies were thriving and hiring; it was an employees market (vs employer's market); raises were in the 8 to 10% range (as opposed to the 1 to 2% every since Bush). So yeah; we get nostalgic when we talk about those times. Bush was just a disaster.
You can thank the rise of the internet not Clinton for those good financial times...Clinton contributed to the easy credit/mortgages that boosted the economy and led to the meltdown years later

Old 02-28-2016, 08:33 AM

207 posts, read 119,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
TAXES:

Let's vote
Wonderful summary of what's at stake. It needs to be front page on every newspaper and first story in every newscast. Unfortunately, the mass public is either too dumb to even negotiate these differences, or actually like the handouts and policies that are flushing the USA down the toilet.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:35 AM

207 posts, read 119,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
You can thank the rise of the internet not Clinton for those good financial times...Clinton contributed to the easy credit/mortgages that boosted the economy and led to the meltdown years later
Exactly! The casual citizen seems to not be cognizant of these aspects.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Wonderful summary of what's at stake. It needs to be front page on every newspaper and first story in every newscast. Unfortunately, the mass public is either too dumb to even negotiate these differences, or actually like the handouts and policies that are flushing the USA down the toilet.
agreed

When you look at the differences, only a lunatic, a federal dependent, or an illegal would vote for Hillary. MOST Hillary supporters have no idea of what is on her platform, the fact she has accomplished nothing in her political career, or realization of all of her crimes.

As long as there are low information voters, Hillary will be fine. If people looked at the differences between Trump and Hillary, the logical choice is obvious for most US citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections