Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I find it interesting that the people who tell me that Donald Trump would be a bad president are the same people who told me that Barack Obama would be a good president.

Yes, and those people were right both times! So, you should listen to them.

It's only those that can't review the numbers that think that Obama is a bad president. Evidence is that his groundbreaking law, the ACA, has successfully reduced the uninsured rate to modern day lows and premiums are rising slower than before the ACA. I know that aren't influenced by facts and numbers will say it aint so, but it's so. Millions of people who couldn't get insurance, now have insurance.

Dodd-Frank is a complicated piece of legislation, that makes it harder for the financial crisis of 2008 to happen again.

Obama policies have undone the decline left over from Bush and gotten unemployment down to 5%; the economy is growing; the deficit has been reduced by 75% -- these are all numbers that are verifiable and undeniable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:00 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that the people who tell me that Donald Trump would be a bad president are the same people who told me that Barack Obama would be a good president.

I cannot believe what Rubio is saying about Trump of late!
Rubio is disturbing, a really sick man....I heard him say with my own ears, in public, something very insulting and disturbing. Couldn't believe it? and they say Trump is bad?

Old 02-29-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala
Indeed, with no shortage of reasons to criticize all of the candidates equally it seems pretty clear that the anti-Trump agenda is just that: an agenda. Powerful, wealthy interests harboring an agenda don't have a good track record with honesty, let alone the best interests of the average citizen. It's certainly something to consider, or at the very least, reason to question their motivation(s).
Ironic, coming from people who think it was legitimate to attack Obama from the minute he started campaigning. They attacked him for his pastor, they attacked him by claiming he had radical friends, which he didn't; they said he wasn't a citizen, etc., etc. After election, they attacked him for going on vacation.

The reason why people attack Trump's statements is because they are whopper lies deserving of attack.

Moreover, why shouldn't I attack Trump for his tax-proposal? Trump’s proposed cut would reduce the top rate from 39.6 percent to 25 percent – creating a giant windfall for the wealthy (at a time when the wealthy have a larger portion of the nation’s wealth than any time since 1890).

Now, we understand the need for Trump loyalists to expect that Trump get a pass on everything and not have to defend his proposals. But the guy is running for president and if he is so hot tempered that he can't take the criticism, maybe he is applying for the wrong job.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

It's only those that can't review the numbers that think that Obama is a bad president.
I have reviewed my numbers and the Obama presidency has cost me a lot. The only people who are happy with Obama are the people who are happy he took from people like me to subsidize them even though they didn't earn the money. It's called greed.

Last edited by petch751; 02-29-2016 at 01:43 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 01:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I think people are fed up on both sides of the aisle, and an "outsider" is going to win.

Could have been Sanders
Sanders the lifelong career politician who has run for political office at least 15 times, never held a non-goverment job in his life, never once collected a paycheck from anyone except the government?
Who has never had a personal physician other than the the attending physician of the US Congress whose fees and salary are paid by taxpayers, not Sanders and other members of Congress? Who will draw a fat retirement check from the government?

Some outsider.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I have reviewed my numbers and the Obama presidency has cost me a lot. The only people who are happy with Obama are the people who are happy he took from people like me to subside them even though they didn't earn the money. It's called greed.
Obama only raised rates taxes on the wealthy. If the Obama presidency has cost you a lot, be grateful you are in the top 1%.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:59 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Obama only raised rates taxes on the wealthy. If the Obama presidency has cost you a lot, be grateful you are in the top 1%.
An additional 4.6% on taxable income above $450k. I wish I had that misfortune.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:07 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Here's a kicker, I'm undecided.

I am just noting that the media is going crazy trying to convince me that Donald Trump wouldn't be a good president. The same media that got tingles up their legs over Obama.

Makes me think I need to do the opposite of what they want.

I guess that's what the point is, after all, if you don't have a mind of your own, of course you will listen to what others say.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
An additional 4.6% on taxable income above $450k. I wish I had that misfortune.
You never will be that fortunate.

If you don't understand that higher taxes does not hurt the rich because their wealth is already in the bank/invested. Its workers like you who depend on income and with our progressive tax code, higher taxes only ensures that it will be harder for "you" to build wealth because you believe in giving your money away.

Last edited by petch751; 02-29-2016 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 02:28 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
They only care about the continuation of their free sh*t.
funny, as Trump has proposed healthcare for all, and no cuts to medicare and social security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections