Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 09:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,996,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In his statement on Monday, Coburn said Trump is "perpetuating a fraud on the American people. His empty promises, bullying and bloviating rhetoric will only deepen the frustration and disillusionment that gave rise to his campaign. He simply lacks the character, skills and policy knowledge to turn his grandiose promises into reality."

Quote:
Coburn said Rubio "has been an extremely effective Tea Party senator. No candidate running for president has fought Obamacare more effectively than Marco and no one has a better grasp of foreign affairs and America's place in the world."

Link: Coburn endorses Rubio, slams Trump | News OK

A nice get for Senator Rubio, who is lining up almost everyone in Oklahoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 11:14 AM

15,604 posts, read 10,619,056 times
My problem with Rubio is that he is not going to challenge or try to get us better deals with China. I don't see him being particularly hard on illegal immigration either. I've always liked him, I just don't know that this is his time. I understand that some feel Trump is overbearing, but perhaps he can get some things done that others haven't.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:17 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,855,406 times
I think in the debate, it doesn't sound like he is pro China, he mentioned they violating the the South sea Islands.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:18 AM

27,827 posts, read 16,335,815 times
meh, Trump has Oklahoma wrapped up.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,402,522 times
I wasn't real impressed after doing some googling on him: The Top 11 Most Godawful Things Retiring Senator Tom Coburn Ever Said and Tom Coburn stalls veterans-suicide bill in Senate - Washington Times

Rubio can have him.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:34 AM

736 posts, read 355,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I think in the debate, it doesn't sound like he is pro China, he mentioned they violating the the South sea Islands.
How does the South sea Islands affect us here in the United States? The South sea Islands are not a priority to most Americans. What is important is the trade deficit and jobs moving to china. Rubio does not address the core issues that matter to voters. Instead Rubio like every other presidential candidate carefully walks around the core issues that matter to Trump voters. Trump voters want a president that is tough on China and the multinational corporation that have benefited from a trade deficit and trade agreement.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:02 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,667,015 times
Talking Tom Coburn (R-OK) Endorses Rubio, Slams Trump

If memory serves, Jeb! had lots of "impressive" endorsements from mainstream GOP figureheads.

Trump has Palin.

That'll do for the GOP primary crowd. Most of whom have no idea who Coburn is (or should I say was...).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections