Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 AM

29,630 posts, read 9,845,991 times

Advertisements

While there are only two specific references in the Constitution to immigration , stated in this most important of documents as , “naturalization, ” there is clear evidence by the Framers as to what they intended concerning the rights of the people who live in this country and how those rights affect immigrants both legal and illegal.

While Congress has the Constitutional authority to establish laws of naturalization or immigration they do not have a true Constitutional authority to create blanket legislation that allows non – citizens the rights of born or naturalized Americans. In other words amnesty is technically unconstitutional because it bypasses the laws which are established for immigrants to become American citizens.

The beginning of the Preamble of the Constitution states clearly who gives authority to the government and in whom the rights established in the Constitution belong to and they are,” We the People of the United States.”

The Framers clearly show that the laws governing this country as established in the Constitution and the rights that are available are for citizens of this land. Even the very Representation in our government from the President to the Congress are established that eligibility to hold public office is reserved for citizens only with the President required to be a natural born citizen of The United States and not a naturalized citizen.

Throughout the Constitution our rights are continually shown to be for citizens of the country, even when the word citizen is not specifically mention. The Preamble calling the establishment of the Constitution by, “We the people, ” clearly indicates that each of the rights and privileges as recorded by the Framers are for the citizenry of this country only.

This does not mean that those who immigrate legally to The United States are treated as second class people or that the laws that protect our citizens whether civil or criminal do not afford the same protections and freedoms to all whether citizen or legal immigrant.

The Constitution Is The Rule Of Law On Illegal Immigration | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:10 AM

525 posts, read 456,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Bernie supporters are the true idiots who cannot even do math.
Actually, I'm a Bernie supporter AND a math major.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:11 AM

525 posts, read 456,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I could not agree more with the title of that article. Trump's success as a presidential candidate proves once and for all that Americans have become dumbed down beyond hope. When we leave the country (our plans are in place should Trump become the nominee) it will not be to get away from Trump, it will be to get away from a culture that has devolved to the point that someone like him could be an actual contender for the presidency.
I strongly agree with most of this (the only thing I disagree with is that I don't think Americans are stupid, just ignorant).

Old 03-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
I strongly agree with most of this (the only thing I disagree with is that I don't think Americans are stupid, just ignorant).
SEN. MARCO RUBIO (R-FL), Republican Presidential Candidate: Today, the front-runner, at least according to national polls in the Republican primary is someone who is preying on your anger, is someone who is preying on fear. And there has never been, in the history of mankind, a great movement that has been based on fear and on anger. Donald Trump will be an embarrassment to America, will be an embarrassment to anyone who supported him.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:51 AM

122 posts, read 43,221 times
We can't forget "choke artist." Like a broken record...

Old 03-05-2016, 05:25 AM

12,311 posts, read 9,781,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
OK, tell us who your candidate is and link in their campaign website so we can get an example of what you need to see. We have no other way to know exactly what you are looking for.

Other thoughts from what appears to be people that aren't blinded by hate for Trump:

CNN Runs Segment On Trump Wall Being Very Doable – We Explain How Mexico Pays… | The Last Refuge

Can a wall be built between U.S. and Mexico? - CNN Video

Great article, per Trump on how it can done compared with electronic surveillance which Trump has said. A Fence Alone Won't Secure the Border - Breitbart

It is like, do you want to really explore the possibilities or just find something to trash Trump over and that is why the country is the way it is right now. Anyone that has listened to Trump already knows that the Wall is not going to be 2,000 miles but that some parts will have electronic surveillance.

Also, some ways to save: Save $113 billion a year after removing illegal aliens through e-verification for all jobs, mandated reporters in ALL public venues to include schools, medical facilities and social service agencies, using current databases of those with driver's licenses and other documents. Those that have been let go free from prison, etc. Save on the cost of the inevitable amnesty if Trump isn't elected: $6.3 trillion. Not a bad start.

I can deal with that!

Sadly, we can see the hatred toward Trump as he puts himself out there for the good of our country. It wouldn't hurt at all in this case for those that pray to add a little prayer to keep Trump safe from his enemies since he is risking a lot by staying in this race and it is for us. I have never seen such hatred for a candidate before but I have never seen a candidate stand up for the people before.

Trump's Wall, part solid and part electronic has been talked about for years and all the politicians have done is sit on their hands and run their mouths. Anyone can see the savings by enforcing our immigration law. A simple fee for bringing in goods like they have for toll roads and bridges would do wonders for the cost.
You think they wouldn't pay? I bet they would. If they don't want to come into the US, I am sure we have plenty of Americans that would jump at the chance to produce goods here.
An outstanding post worth 10 reps, so I owe you 9. Thank you!

I wonder how many have given any thought to what it must be like to put yourself out there like Trump has and continues to do. Too few, I'm afraid.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
An outstanding post worth 10 reps, so I owe you 9. Thank you!

I wonder how many have given any thought to what it must be like to put yourself out there like Trump has and continues to do. Too few, I'm afraid.
Lots of people have given Trump lots of thought. That's obvious. Lots of people are impressed by how he puts himself out there. Others disgusted by how he puts himself out there...

Some people LOVE reality TV shows. Others more interested in the History Channel programs...

If you get my drift, just about any fool can see why some people gravitate toward Trump while others are repelled by him.

I will admit that Trump is apparently also quite the lady's man as now he wants to draw our attention toward the size of his hands and middle knee, no doubt a shrewd move to lure the women voters from Hillary.

Yeah, not many people running for POTUS would put themselves out there like that. Very impressive...

Old 03-05-2016, 09:21 AM

1,050 posts, read 701,644 times
Correction, Salon--We've been idiots

Old 03-05-2016, 09:34 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,331,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Lots of people have given Trump lots of thought. That's obvious. Lots of people are impressed by how he puts himself out there. Others disgusted by how he puts himself out there...

Some people LOVE reality TV shows. Others more interested in the History Channel programs...

If you get my drift, just about any fool can see why some people gravitate toward Trump while others are repelled by him.

I will admit that Trump is apparently also quite the lady's man as now he wants to draw our attention toward the size of his hands and middle knee, no doubt a shrewd move to lure the women voters from Hillary.

Yeah, not many people running for POTUS would put themselves out there like that. Very impressive...
Lol. First he'd have to prove his claims.

“He actually came out there and said, ‘I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee you.’ Over to you, FactCheck.org. And maybe we should, you know what? I mean, come on: Trump lies about everything else, we gotta know. Come on, Don, you’re the guy who made Obama show his birth certificate. We need proof. Show us the Dick Certificate. Let’s see it.”

Bill Maher Calls Out Trump:

Old 03-05-2016, 09:35 AM

12,311 posts, read 9,781,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Yeah, I get your drift, and that's why you're on ignore going forward. I'm not going to venture as close as you did to a TOS violation by saying what I'd like to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections