Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 05:27 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,219,105 times

Advertisements

I think Donald Trump is too far afield of being in the know of national politics. He blew it by getting too upset with the Republicans, stating he might change to an independent party. This is very strange when one is winning the party nomination; he seems too unsure of himself! He seems to be unable to respond to questions in a manner one should be able to do when running for president.

Cruz is too disliked by his own party member in the Senate and Congress, He seems to represent the most conservative, in the Republican Party, and as well, Rubio seems too much a part of the religious right. I am tired of the Republican Party carrying these social conservative for votes.

The whole culture division, as Bill O'Reilly called it, now seems outside the political mainstream; the ‘moral majority’ is passé, and now these religious folks, whom I have never cared for, seem to be a drain on the Republican Party.

The only conservative who shared my views was Rand Paul who was not so attractive, as we have seen in this primary.

I am not for the war, although I think both Republicans and Democrats seem unable to resist war interventions. The war on drugs seems a waste of money, and most if all, catering to the social conservatives seems contrary to my sense of politics towards progress.

Conversely, I would not choose Sanders, as he is too much am anti-capitalist, which is the main reason I have been a conservative. The way the primaries are going, it seems Hillary Clinton will win; we will see tomorrow. Clinton is familiar with the presidency, having been more involved than past ‘first ladies’ and she has been in the Senate, and knows what is going on in the government, being Sanctuary of Sate in the Obama administration.

My capital gain taxes may go up, yet this affects my kids more than me, since I do not really need or have a use for all the money and my kids do not have to rely on an inheritance. Secondly, I doubt the Republicans would reverse the taxes on the wealthy.
The war in drugs, prison terms, abortion issues, stem cell research bans, not to mention the extreme policies in immigration, and those honchoing on to the old religious cultural values all seem to be reasons to vote for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 06:08 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,928,616 times
Lol, so? Who's stopping you? Plenty of us have been saying for 8 years that people got what they voted for, and that they deserve what they voted for.

BTW. The minute people describe themselves as "fiscal Conservatives," they might as well be sitting on the fence, because they're NOT Conservatives. One cannot be fiscally conservative while supporting a candidate who espouses unbridled spending of other people's money.

Happy voting.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:10 PM

Hillary might appoint supreme court justices who may refuse to divide the Second amendment, so it does not read 1) state right to form a militia 2) the rights to bear arms will not be infringed ?
Better let Obama appoint the Republican?

Old 02-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Lol, so? Who's stopping you? Plenty of us have been saying for 8 years that people got what they voted for, and that they deserve what they voted for.

BTW. The minute people describe themselves as "fiscal Conservatives," they might as well be sitting on the fence, because they're NOT Conservatives. One cannot be fiscally conservative while supporting a candidate who espouses unbridled spending of other people's money.

Happy voting.
They were the conservatives before FDR. If you mean other, then you must mean those not classical liberals, such as the ancient regime in France. Do you support an aristocracy? Maybe a monarchy? What about the Theocracy??

They all support unbridled spending, and all are interventionists. I am more a paleoconservative and isolationist, regarding interventions in war.

Maybe all you know is the policies of neoconservative, and social conservatives?

Old 02-29-2016, 06:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I think Donald Trump is too far afield of being in the know of national politics. He blew it by getting too upset with the Republicans, stating he might change to an independent party. This is very strange when one is winning the party nomination; he seems too unsure of himself! He seems to be unable to respond to questions in a manner one should be able to do when running for president.

Cruz is too disliked by his own party member in the Senate and Congress, He seems to represent the most conservative, in the Republican Party, and as well, Rubio seems too much a part of the religious right. I am tired of the Republican Party carrying these social conservative for votes.

The whole culture division, as Bill O'Reilly called it, now seems outside the political mainstream; the ‘moral majority’ is passé, and now these religious folks, whom I have never cared for, seem to be a drain on the Republican Party.

The only conservative who shared my views was Rand Paul who was not so attractive, as we have seen in this primary.

I am not for the war, although I think both Republicans and Democrats seem unable to resist war interventions. The war on drugs seems a waste of money, and most if all, catering to the social conservatives seems contrary to my sense of politics towards progress.

Conversely, I would not choose Sanders, as he is too much am anti-capitalist, which is the main reason I have been a conservative. The way the primaries are going, it seems Hillary Clinton will win; we will see tomorrow. Clinton is familiar with the presidency, having been more involved than past ‘first ladies’ and she has been in the Senate, and knows what is going on in the government, being Sanctuary of Sate in the Obama administration.

My capital gain taxes may go up, yet this affects my kids more than me, since I do not really need or have a use for all the money and my kids do not have to rely on an inheritance. Secondly, I doubt the Republicans would reverse the taxes on the wealthy.
The war in drugs, prison terms, abortion issues, stem cell research bans, not to mention the extreme policies in immigration, and those honchoing on to the old religious cultural values all seem to be reasons to vote for Hillary.
The religious right has been a drain on the Republican Party for some time. We all have to vote for the person we think is best and that's all we can do in the end.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The religious right has been a drain on the Republican Party for some time. We all have to vote for the person we think is best and that's all we can do in the end.
I think we sold them out and sold ourselves out taking them into the Republican party. That party used to be divided by class, while conservative southern Democrats were divided by caste/ You understand?

Get beyond that as either party and lose the class distinction and Hillary is perhaps better than Cruz, and Rubio, don't know about Trump. This is part if the problem; we know all campaign promises is talk, so what does he really stand for, making the best of us millionaires? I doubt it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections