Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald trump destroy the Republican Party?
Yes 69 42.33%
No 94 57.67%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:42 PM

28,988 posts, read 30,403,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I hope so. It is as evil as the Democratic Party
I'm so glad to see there are so many many people not only aware of this, but are now finally vocalizing, so if Trump accomplished anything, he helped Americans get a voice.....

Thank you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 07:47 PM

184 posts, read 136,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I would say no way Jose.
Lol...

Old 03-19-2016, 07:48 PM

32,039 posts, read 36,931,592 times
Typical British political correctism.

As if Trump cares -- the man's got plenty of golf courses.

Trump’s golf club isn’t hosting the British Open anymore

Old 03-19-2016, 09:07 PM

4,711 posts, read 3,490,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh man, somebody actually did this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OemqVWi_R0k
Awesome!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:07 PM

3,568 posts, read 4,420,278 times
Like him or not, want him or not, Trump will most likely be the next POTUS.

What this will mean for the USA no one really knows. But here's one thing to consider, regardless of whether we agree with "Grumpy Trumpy" or not, I want him to be successful as President. I don't agree with all his positions, and hope that not all his plans come to fruition. But frankly, Presidential candidates have the tendency of saying anything to get elected. Often, some of the promises they make are far fetched and unachievable.

Regardless, may future President Trump have the well being of the USA at heart first and foremost. I get the feeling that his tone, opinions and political positions will be more tame once he realizes the seriousness of the Presidential Office.

May his Presidency serve us well.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:09 PM

30,818 posts, read 19,454,338 times
I voted with the no group....there is a possibility of a breakup but I think that's unlikely. If Trump wins the Presidency, it will certainly greatly change the face of the Repub Party.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:24 AM

12,311 posts, read 9,772,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm so glad to see there are so many many people not only aware of this, but are now finally vocalizing, so if Trump accomplished anything, he helped Americans get a voice.....

Thank you

In a few months of campaigning, Trump has accomplished more for average Americans and their future than any elected President in our lifetime. It was over for this country before his surprising and amazing campaign, but now ten of millions who had given up hope are re-connected.

His candidacy, with the obliteration of the death grip of PC as its cornerstone, is exactly what we needed and is a gift that, for decades, no one had thought to be even possible.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:48 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,992,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Like him or not, want him or not, Trump will most likely be the next POTUS.
I don't see it as inevitable at all. Trump has white males but doesn't have African Americans, women or Hispanics -- three groups in combination that will prevent winning the large electoral college states and swing states, like Florida.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:54 AM

30,818 posts, read 19,454,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't see it as inevitable at all. Trump has white males but doesn't have African Americans, women or Hispanics -- three groups in combination that will prevent winning the large electoral college states and swing states, like Florida.
Not bad for an extreme Leftist. But consider that Trump is like an old school Democrat...he will lie and promise the moon during the election cycle knowing full well what he says will never be implemented.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:54 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,992,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
In a few months of campaigning, Trump has accomplished more for average Americans and their future than any elected President in our lifetime. It was over for this country before his surprising and amazing campaign, but now ten of millions who had given up hope are re-connected.

His candidacy, with the obliteration of the death grip of PC as its cornerstone, is exactly what we needed and is a gift that, for decades, no one had thought to be even possible.
What you are indicating is that someone with no realistic or workable solutions and policies that are exactly like other GOP candidates, can capture a segment of the population with a slick rap and marketing campaign.

When I said "unworkable" above, what did I mean? Trump has a tax-plan that reduces revenue by about a trillion a year. He also plans to spend more on the military and not cut Medicare or Social Security while also planning to deport millions of immigrants, which is estimated to cost $400-600 billion. He also said he wants to reduce the debt. None of that is mathematically possible, even if one cuts spending on the rest of the government to zero.

But, Trump has a loyal following that doesn't rely upon facts or math to spoil their impression of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections