Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 11:28 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Stirring the pot to does not make him a viable candidate IMHO. Also I question his genuineness.
And yes being violently dragged from the back to the point that you fall, I do call physical assault. At the very least it is not just being pushed out the door. I'd imagine if I would to grab you and drag around the floor you would have some very choice words for me or perhaps even more and would respond in kind.
Please provide video evidence of someone being "dragged around the floor" at a Trump rally.

Old 03-05-2016, 11:45 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,161 times
Check the first page of this thread!

Old 03-06-2016, 12:01 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What do you do with demonstrators who go to rallies just to disrupt? You have to throw them out. Remember that they are there to agitate so they will not go quietly. Trump will probably could refrain from adding to the mix but people have to realize if you go to a rally to cause trouble that's what you get.
They do go quietly. Obama had tons of them. You never heard him say "Throw them out." The crowds used to chant to drown out the protesters but never got violent.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:07 AM

465 posts, read 256,849 times
I've seen tons of demonstrators at many political events for MANY different candidates. Never have I seen these things disentegrate into violence with the frequency that they have at Trump rallies. He's appealing to the most basic instincts of the worst factions of our society.

Luckily, these people are being sought out, identified and charged. One of them got booted from the Marine Corps, and rightfully so. The use of violence is not a badge of honor and it is not justifiable.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:09 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
First of all, if you actually watch a Trump rally (like the one in LA today) you would realize that his speeches are interrupted several times by various protestors, sometimes organized groups and sometimes lone actors. This is an issue that he has to contend with on a very frequent basis.. much more often than other candidates. Second, the type of people who crash a stump speech are mentally disturbed people with a lot of personal problems and tend to have serious issues and mistrust of authority figures. So if they are pushed a little roughly to get them on their feet and moving out the door, you can be sure that a reporter will be waiting outside to get their account of the events and that push will now turn into a "violent assault".

So my advice to you. Watch for yourself and don't take media reports and the protestor's account of events for face value just because you dislike Trump. Second, and this isn't directed to you specifically but is just general common sense wisdom, if you disagree with a politician, that's fine. And you're free to exercise your first amendment rights. But keep it outside the venue and do it respectfully. If you walk into a gathering of thousands of people with the mission of agitating the crowd, then don't be shocked when it doesn't turn out well for you. I can assure you that if a Trump supporter walked into a Bernie event and threw a tantrum like Trump sees 10+ times at every.single.one of his rallies, the Trump supporter would either be assaulted or have his property vandalized by some enthusiastic Bernie supporters.
Don't forget -- a security guy choked the photographer from Time Magazine when he stepped out of the media "pen" at a Trump rally. Stuff like that never happens at other candidates events. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xm4g-iIw20

Old 03-06-2016, 04:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I hope everyone is paying attention to this horrific phenomenon of violence at virtually every Trump rally, where peaceful protesters are being physically assaulted by Trump fans at their leader's urging while the crowd cheers them on. This Trump thing needs to stop before someone is seriously injured or killed.
Love it!

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Next we'll hear complaints from hyper-sexually-aggressive, drunken, effeminate gay guys who "sashay en drag" into rigidly straight, hyper-masculine, violent biker bars (on pot-holed frontage roads along freeways near ultra-conservative towns/suburbs) when the straight boys are drunk, hyped up on crystal meth, and angry because their tramp wives have cheated on them and are stealing their money and their kids --- and then complain that they got punched in the nose and kicked to the curb.

Hint: Don't go where you're not wanted....or take the consequences and stop whining!

Yeah, we know, you just want to play the victim.

NOT BUYING IT.

LOL

Old 03-06-2016, 04:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The guy offered to pay anyone's legal bills if they beat up protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzYv5foyAS8
Good!

Old 03-06-2016, 04:48 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
There it is. Trying to rationalize it.........
My advice to you then is, don't try to downplay things just because you like Trump and ask yourself what is acceptable behavior. Also basically calling every person who dares and disrupts Trumps rallies mentally disturbed betrays your bias. I guess by saying that it helps even more to rationalize physical attacks against them. After all they were and are dangerous right?
And speaking of common sense wisdom, as I have already mentioned, no ones argues that people who disrupt a politician who is having a speech should be dealt with but they should be dealt with by security and should not be physically attacked, especially not by the crowd. One can twist that however one wants but sorry that is simply not acceptable or to be downplayed.
Mentally disturbed, because we disagree with the Trump? That is the craziest statement I have heard in awhile. So, because we think and we have an idea that the Trump could be a fanatic, irrational, and way out of control for a presidential candidate we are mentally disturbed? Yikes, this is getting way beyond crazy. People want to ask the Trump questions, why is he afraid of questions? He incites anger and violence.

There have been candidates and even presidents, in my lifetime, that I could not stand and disagreed with. This is the first time an actual candidate for president has worried and frightened me. What decisions would he make as Commander in Chief or any decisions about the welfare of the USA?

Old 03-06-2016, 05:28 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I hope everyone is paying attention to this horrific phenomenon of violence at virtually every Trump rally, where peaceful protesters are being physically assaulted by Trump fans at their leader's urging while the crowd cheers them on. This Trump thing needs to stop before someone is seriously injured or killed.
You are incorrect that this is happening to peaceful protesters. Try to expand your news sources. The peaceful ones last asked to leave did not go willingly and gave the police a lot of trouble once outside and were told to leave. It appears they were not "peaceful".

Trump's events are "PRIVATE" events and he has a rule to remove protesters. This is done for the safety and benefit of the people that come to hear Trump speak. There are many, many more supporters wanting to get inside to hear Trump so why have people protesting inside a PRIVATE event.

You need to try to put yourself in the place of those that go to hear Trump speak. If you were attending a conference and I appeared to be causing a threat and not following the rules. Would you want me to remain? Would you want me to shout or stand in your way so that you could not see or hear?

You have to keep in mind that Trump is talking about the Wall. That will shut off a main artery for illegal drugs which are big business in the US. Suppliers do not want that happen and neither do the users. Also, illegal immigrants sucking the public assistance teat are fearful that their free ride is over. You have a lot of low lifes that don't want Trump in office so being of a "lower" form of life to begin with, they present an annoyance and a danger.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:06 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,347,520 times
Wouldn't you expect that if multiple grown men were taking turns pushing a teenage girl around that someone in the crowd of 10,000 would step in and try to protect the girl? Trump fans just cheer and film it with their phones like the assault of a teenage girl is nothing but entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXq_WBV3_YI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections