Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 1,796,950 times

Advertisements

This is a great speech. He talks about his Christian values, having empathy, compassion, reaching into our hearts and lifting folks up, restoring the budget..... He should be the Republican front-runner.

RAW: Full speech by Gov. John Kasich - Toledo News Now, News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

I like when he says "for me, I'm just a flawed man trying to honor God's blessings in my life, and I want you to know that I will do my best to serve you"

How is he not the one leading?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 02:16 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
This is a great speech. He talks about his Christian values, having empathy, compassion, reaching into our hearts and lifting folks up, restoring the budget..... He should be the Republican front-runner.

RAW: Full speech by Gov. John Kasich - Toledo News Now, News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

I like when he says "for me, I'm just a flawed man trying to honor God's blessings in my life, and I want you to know that I will do my best to serve you"

He talks ( but it's mostly BS )
I'm just a flawed man ( he gets that part right , but forget the rest )

The biggest reason why he isn't leading is that he couldn't find anyone to fund him. He couldn't raise much money. The reason no one would fund him is because anyone who got to know him didn't like him. He would be out of the race now but he finally got lucky and found a donor. He has a temper and has been known to threaten people. If ask a question he doesn't like he can get nasty and has snapped at his donors.
He is the typical example of the old school politician with all the flowery speech to make you like him, but you can never like him as much as he likes himself.

His position on immigration hurts him badly.
John Kasich Goes All In For Amnesty: Illegals

When Chris Christie dropped out he picked up his donor.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-ken-langone/

Old 03-15-2016, 02:24 AM

22,485 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Yes, his position on illegals is enough to make me never vote for him.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:31 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
Because he voted for NAFTA, wants to give illegal aliens amnesty in his first 100 days as President and doesn't believe in enforcing immigration laws.

John Kasich Goes All In For Amnesty: Illegals

Although he may win his own, he hasn't won a single other state and has less delegates than everyone else. He came in third in Michigan, a state he was supposed to win.

He's letting Romney use him.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 AM

9,377 posts, read 14,329,807 times
Quote:

Because not only does he say nothing about territorial integrity and legality, what he does say is absolutely appalling.

Quite frankly I'd rather have Hillary than some RINO: if we are going to have the status quo, at least someone who essentially campaigns on "I am the status quo" with no qualms.

Not that I would vote for her either, but I would leave the presidency blank, vote third party, or write something in, then hope she wins with less than 50% of the popular vote and a republican majority in at least one chamber of Congress, better if both, but if just one, preferably the House: a few Senators are more easily corrupted, while the House is usually stocked with plenty of ideological useful idiots.

I would be okay with that, suboptimal but okay, for the next 4-8 years, just like I've been okay with that, suboptimal but okay, since 2011.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 03-15-2016 at 03:02 AM..

Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 AM

7,083 posts, read 8,958,239 times
Quote:
As someone who suffers from his so called "leadership" in Ohio, plainly put - he sucks!

To those in other states, don't make the mistake of voting for Kasich, he is Ohio's Paul LePage!

Old 03-15-2016, 07:21 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,847,876 times
If the tally holds, he'll have won by 6 points--pretty close to poll results.

Yeah, okay...he's sounding like he just won the governorship. If he thinks this win will translate to a presidential nomination, he's dreaming--especially if he thinks he's going to bully Trump and Cruz out of the race.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,970,498 times
Same here. So now, the only two candidates for American citizens left in the entire race, both Dems and Repubs, is Trump and Cruz. And Cruz is attached to the pastor that believes all gays should be murdered. You can't make this stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes, his position on illegals is enough to make me never vote for him.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Kasich has a partisan history as bad as they come. He voted four times to impeach Clinton. Now he is all about embracing everyone. I'm not buying it.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Kasich has a partisan history as bad as they come. He voted four times to impeach Clinton. Now he is all about embracing everyone. I'm not buying it.
Ohio did, but I'm with you. I can't buy his BS and that is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections