Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Apparently huge numbers of Dems are switching to Republican in Ohio to vote for Kasich. "

And why wouldn't they? Look at how he's been talking.
Exactly. Kasich is basically an establishment RINO Republicrat. In other words, he's a Democrat that wears a red tie.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:23 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Apparently huge numbers of Dems are switching to Republican in Ohio to vote for Kasich. "

And why wouldn't they? Look at how he's been talking.
Bingo!

Kasich is a RINO who wants to amnesty all the illegals by using an EO.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,453,029 times
Cuyahoga Democrats voting for Kasich, the man who is enabling toxic algal blooms in Lake Erie, slashed local government funds resulting in reduced services and higher local taxes, abandoned Cuyahoga County's state parks, and put in a plan to raise tolls on the Ohio Turnpike, Cleveland's main interstate, for 25 years, in order partially to finance indirectly projects elsewhere in the state?

If the switching Democrats were social liberals, they certainly wouldn't vote for a guy who proudly gutted abortion rights in Ohio and even signed a gag rule on rape counselors preventing them from discussing abortion options, or perhaps even emergency contraceptives, with rape victims.

Based on my long experience with Ohio primary voters, if there is switching among Democrats, it would be to vote for Trump, out of disgust among blue collar workers with the Republican and Democratic establishments, or even to sock it to Kasich or the Republicans in general.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I'm a traditionally Democrat voter who registered as a Republican in a closed primary state last SUMMER just so that I could vote for the biggest idiot on the Republican ballot in the primary, thus helping to ensure a win by a Democrat candidate in the general election.
That's not nice

If all these democrats switching are Hillary voters, they might cause Hillary to lose Ohio.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:27 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
That's not nice

If all these democrats switching are Hillary voters, they might cause Hillary to lose Ohio.
That's a good point. lol

Mick

Old 03-15-2016, 03:41 PM

273 posts, read 201,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
That's not nice

Agreed. Clinton doesn't have the nom captured yet. Clinton supporters need to be careful how they approach this.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:42 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,453,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Exactly. Kasich is basically an establishment RINO Republicrat. In other words, he's a Democrat that wears a red tie.
Kasich perhaps is a perverted Republican, or Repperv, but he's much less a Democrat than Mitt Romney, who championed and implemented Obamacare in MA before there was Obamacare.

Kasich only expanded Medicaid in Ohio to save the Republican Party from itself. The state's huge medical establishment, backed by the state's corporate establishment, already was mobilizing and about to launch open warfare against the state's Republicans if they had turned down the federal honey pot. Absent the Kasich "betrayal" of the Republicans, it would have been a Republican election bloodbath in 2014; Ohio is NOT Texas. You didn't see the Republican establishment abandon Kasich in 2014, did you? No, secretly, most Republican politicos gave Kasich verbal thank yous and lavished him with a massive campaign war chest.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/05/29/texas...expansion.html

Whether gutting the environment, diminishing public services, slashing taxes for the wealthy, denying abortion rights, cutting public education, fighting unions, repealing alternative energy and energy conservation requirements, diverting state revenues to a secretive, private entity (JobsOhio) controlled by Republican cronies, generating hundreds of millions in underwriting fees (over $2 billion in borrowings for JobsOhio and the Ohio Turnpike Authority against decades of future revenues) for Wall St. rather than raise taxes, don't worry, Kasich is all Republican.

Last edited by WRnative; 03-15-2016 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 03:48 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,988,717 times
My elderly mother has voted Democrat for decades. She crossed over because she doesn't want Hillary or Sanders to win. She thought about voting for Kasich but decided he doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination so she voted for Cruz. She doesn't like Trump and didn't even consider voting for him.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:51 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I'm a traditionally Democrat voter who registered as a Republican in a closed primary state last SUMMER just so that I could vote for the biggest idiot on the Republican ballot in the primary, thus helping to ensure a win by a Democrat candidate in the general election.

It's no big deal to do this. I can change my registration back at the courthouse when the mood strikes me.

Party membership is really pretty fluid. I got the idea to do this after attending a regional Democrat party meeting and seeing it taken over by a group of "right to life" pubbies who had registered as Democrat just to affect the local discussion of the party platform.

Actually at this point I don't think I even have to vote for the biggest idiot in the Republican primary, because you pubbies are doing it all by yourselves!

Secretary Clinton will win in November because you pubbies weren't able to put forward a viable candidate.
After Limbaugh's "Operation Chaos" in 2008, sabotaging your opponent's primary is perfectly permissible, but since the GOP faithful are bound and determined to nominate Trump or Cruz, neither of whom are electable, (unless Hillary is imprisoned or caught red-handed murdering Bernie Sanders), ratf***ing the opposition (as Donald Segretti would say), probably isn't necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections