Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
Yes. If ur black and vote for GOP as it is now, you are nothing but a house... you know what
If there's one thing Liberals hate, it's a woman or a black man that dares to think for himself or go his own way. Liberals like you, maybe black yourself, think other black people should know their place and vote how they're told. Otherwise, they are race traitors.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:45 AM

465 posts, read 257,281 times
Some of y'all get mad when Black folks love a Black guy (Obama), then you get mad when Black folks don't love the Black guy that YOU love (Carson)...lol.

Some of y'all are just perpetually mad that you can't brow beat or shame your way into controlling or swaying the "colored" vote.

Stay mad.
See you in November.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:51 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
This is a man who should be lauded and accolades given to him by every American. He is exactly what the black community needs as a role model. They do not need the Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, King Jr., athletic all stars of the world. They need men like Dr. Ben Carson, who does not fixate on his race or impediments, but who defies the Left's logic and depends only on himself.
Wow, did you actually write that? You cannot be serious. Carson > MLK, Jr., eh?

But blacks thank you for deciding who should be their role models.

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 07:02 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,298,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The only one being racist is you for saying so. Carson is a very gifted and experienced man. From the beginning - I thought he would be a much better Surgeon General than President. Knowing that Trump will have a person in his appointees that actually knows something about the job they were appointed too only makes me think Trump is the right candidate.

Come on how many of Obama's big money supporters and friends got the jobs and contracts? It's all a game - but if you choose your pieces and placements with some sense - you'll end up with a winning team.
That's what we have said. Carson is not presidential material. He would be on the Cabinet or some place like that.

I don't think Carson has sold out. He believes he has something to contribute. He's made an agreement to get himself in position to be of some use. Where else would he go?

Old 03-16-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If there's one thing Liberals hate, it's a woman or a black man that dares to think for himself or go his own way. Liberals like you, maybe black yourself, think other black people should know their place and vote how they're told. Otherwise, they are race traitors.
Kinda ironic, since conservatives (some) also think "black people should know their place and vote how they're told." As long as blacks can show they are on board with the conservative company line, (a) they can be a Fox pundit (see, e.g., Stacy Dash or Allen West), (b) they can be appointed to the Supreme Court (see, e.g., Clarence Thomas), or (c) they can be Presidential candidate (see, e.g., Herman Cain and Dr. Ben Carson). Colloquially and deridingly known as a House N. . . .

See, what's so frustrating to the black people is that those AA's clearly have experienced racial discrimination and preference in their lives, but they go on like they haven't benefitted from the hard won civil rights initiatives. For example, Clarence Thomas acknowledges that he benefitted from affirmative action throughout his life, but he doesn't want it for any other blacks. Similar for Ben Carson, who clearly benefitted from affirmative action, too. Not to take anything away from their achievements, but please don't act like they didn't receive help along the way because of their race. But the bottom line is affirmative action worked as it was designed, because it unearthed hidden gems.

Sigh.

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
That's what we have said. Carson is not presidential material. He would be on the Cabinet or some place like that.

I don't think Carson has sold out. He believes he has something to contribute. He's made an agreement to get himself in position to be of some use. Where else would he go?
I don't know, if an explicit quid pro quo is not "selling out", I don't know what is.

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 07:13 AM

465 posts, read 257,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Wow, did you actually write that? You cannot be serious. Carson > MLK, Jr., eh?

But blacks thank you for deciding who should be their role models.

Mick
Thank you Mick. I couldn't believe that when I read it either.

Yeah..all that non-violent, civil rights, man of God stuff...how DARE he?!

Folks will post and think stuff like this, and then genuinely wonder why Black folks in general will consistently vote against ANYTHING they support.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times
Yeah so. Cruz is willing to team up with the GOPe just to try and win. No different.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:46 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't know, if an explicit quid pro quo is not "selling out", I don't know what is.

Mick
So you are saying Cruz would be selling out if he teams up with the GOPe then. I agree. it would be an explicit quid pro quo there too.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:50 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
do they offer cabinet positions that involve closing your eyes and acting like your addressing an auditorium filled with farting, stupid pre-med students that you know will never achieve the greatness that you have reached? Carson would be perfect for this.

Last edited by Ghengis; 03-16-2016 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections