Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 01:38 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Right. All the blue states have been trying to make it harder for blacks to vote while red states have been welcoming black voters into the booths.

//sarcasm off
Except that red states haven't been making it harder for blacks to vote. After voter ID was implemented in Georgia minority voter turnout INCREASED.

Despite voter ID law, minority turnout up in Georgia | www.ajc.com

And when you say "red states" presumably you include New Hampshire and Wisconsin... both usually very blue and both of which have strict ID requirements. And naturally you would include super conservative... Canada. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is stating the truth. He is not politically correct and has no filter on what is the uncensored truth.
Watching you and others do a complete 180 when Trump "warns of riots" is hilarious.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:45 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump will pay the legal fees for those who are defending themselves from the protestors who attack his supporters.
Like that black dude that attacked the white senior's fist with his face? Vicious black man, tsk, tsk.

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Riots don't have to be physical. They could be simply not voting, voting for the opposition, or voting for write-ins. It could also be never voting for another incumbent!
I was just listening to something talking about the Senate seats coming up and thinking that if a LOT of people are angry at the GOP, so many just vote straight ticket that the GOP will really be hanging themselves in more ways than one if they steal the nomination from Trump. So, in essence, it will be a HUGE gift to the Dems if they short change Trump.

They have not treated Trump fairly and in doing so, have not treated a good portion of the American citizens fairly. They are trying to interfere behind the scenes to keep Trump out after he signed their stupid loyalty pledge.

I think we have a LOT of discontent coming in the future unless we start moving toward taking care of our own first. Hillary plans to put 80,000 coal workers out of work and she plans, not to create jobs, but to give them a "benefit" package (welfare). How can we the taxpayers take care of any more people that aren't working? Amnesty which she will give will cost taxpayers $6.3 trillion.

Those of us know the end result of such behavior by the government. Remember the guillotine's part in history?

Old 03-16-2016, 01:58 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's a novel definition of "riot".
"Riot" as in "That's f-ing hilarious." Or maybe as in "Pu$sy Riot".

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 01:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was just listening to something talking about the Senate seats coming up and thinking that if a LOT of people are angry at the GOP, so many just vote straight ticket that the GOP will really be hanging themselves in more ways than one if they steal the nomination from Trump. So, in essence, it will be a HUGE gift to the Dems if they short change Trump.

They have not treated Trump fairly and in doing so, have not treated a good portion of the American citizens fairly. They are trying to interfere behind the scenes to keep Trump out after he signed their stupid loyalty pledge.

I think we have a LOT of discontent coming in the future unless we start moving toward taking care of our own first. Hillary plans to put 80,000 coal workers out of work and she plans, not to create jobs, but to give them a "benefit" package (welfare). How can we the taxpayers take care of any more people that aren't working? Amnesty which she will give will cost taxpayers $6.3 trillion.

Those of us know the end result of such behavior by the government. Remember the guillotine's part in history?
The political parties are not the government.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
If Sanders received the most delegates from primaries/caucuses and the superdelegates were the only thing that put Hillary over the line, would you be angry at this as Democrats?
Nobody on the D side is suggesting that riots would happen. No riots happened when all the florida votes didn't count and the election was handed to GW. Yeah, lots and lots of people were mad, but they accepted it, because the candidate put a stop to the fight, for the good of the country. Can't see that happening with trump and his followers, tho.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:11 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Nobody on the D side is suggesting that riots would happen. No riots happened when all the florida votes didn't count and the election was handed to GW. Yeah, lots and lots of people were mad, but they accepted it, because the candidate put a stop to the fight, for the good of the country. Can't see that happening with trump and his followers, tho.
Eh. I didn't read it the same way some people did. I read it as him saying, with his usual hyperbole, that people would be very angry (and rightly so) if the GOP decided to circumvent the voters completely at the convention.

I don't think it will be that clear cut anyway. With Rubio out of the race, I think Cruz will start winning a lot of states and be very close to Trump once they enter the convention. Now, if the GOP decides to nominate someone other than Cruz or Trump after the first vote due to the way the establishment hates them both, that would be a huge mistake. And yes, people will be ridiculously angry but they won't riot. Republicans aren't exactly known as rioters - being angry and yelling some, sure - rioting? No.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:16 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Eh. I didn't read it the same way some people did. I read it as him saying, with his usual hyperbole, that people would be very angry (and rightly so) if the GOP decided to circumvent the voters completely at the convention.

I don't think it will be that clear cut anyway. With Rubio out of the race, I think Cruz will start winning a lot of states and be very close to Trump once they enter the convention. Now, if the GOP decides to nominate someone other than Cruz or Trump after the first vote due to the way the establishment hates them both, that would be a huge mistake. And yes, people will be ridiculously angry but they won't riot. Republicans aren't exactly known as rioters - being angry and yelling some, sure - rioting? No.
These aren't your grandfather's Republicans. Perhaps as little as 10 years ago I might agree with you on this, but no more. Watching Trump rallies has shown quite succinctly that the Republican party of today, at least the faction that supports Trump, is absolutely capable of violence.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:21 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
These aren't your grandfather's Republicans. Perhaps as little as 10 years ago I might agree with you on this, but no more. Watching Trump rallies has shown quite succinctly that the Republican party of today, at least the faction that supports Trump, is absolutely capable of violence.
I still can't support that. I'm not inclined to demonize a large group of people based on the actions of a few isolated incidents. A few idiots in Trump rallies, yes, but they wouldn't exactly be the kind invited to the convention anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections