Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 06:13 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I only read comic books and Soldier of Fortune magazine......
You should be running for president !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 06:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,454,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I probably should,at least in the West Virginia Democratic Primary.Four years ago some guy in federal prison in Texas got like 45% against Obama,since I actually live here maybe I could beat Hillary in West Virginia and crash the convention......it would be fun and funny.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,917,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The respected British publication "The Economist" annually lists their "Top Ten Global Risks".

This year they included a Donald Trump presidency among them.

April 2016
High probability, Very high impactChina experiences a hard landing
High probability, High impactRussia's interventions in Ukraine and Syria precede a new "cold war"
High probability, High impactCurrency volatility culminates in an emerging markets corporate debt crisis
Moderate probability, Very high impactBeset by external and internal pressures, the EU begins to fracture
Moderate probability, Very high impact"Grexit" is followed by a euro zone break-up
Moderate probability, High impact Donald Trump wins the US presidential election
Moderate probability, High impactThe rising threat of jihadi terrorism destabilises the global economy
Low probability, High impactThe UK votes to leave the EU
Low probability, High impactChinese expansionism prompts a clash of arms in the South China Sea
Very low probability, High impactA collapse in investment in the oil sector prompts a future oil price shock

https://gfs.eiu.com/Article.aspx?art...articleId=2866

The Economist rates Trump presidency among its top 10 global risks – POLITICO
Wow, the establishment fears Trump instead of planned coronation of establishment pick, Hillary. You don't say. Shocked.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:01 PM

16,916 posts, read 10,662,894 times
Another rag scared to death that the corrupt party system it has invested in will soon come to an end.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,518,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Hey, we got a presidential candidate, kasich, who:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/kasic...185701848.html

“I don’t watch the news,” Kasich told Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday. “I basically watch the Golf Channel when I’m traveling, believe it or not.”

Perhaps close enough?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,917,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
One of the premier publications in the world is opposed to the idea of this buffoon leading the United States ? Shocking !!
Define "premier". Facts to back up it's accuracy and non-bias?

And they are giving "statistics" on "impact"? What criteria do they use to back up these claims?

From the Wiki article about this publication:

Quote:
The Economist claims that it "is not a chronicle of economics."[14] Rather, it aims "to take part in a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."[15] It takes an editorial stance of classical and economic liberalism which is supportive of free trade, globalisation, free immigration and cultural liberalism
Sounds pretty much like establishment globalist views to me. Which if you are for that, then OK, otherwise call it for what it is, another biased opinion hit piece. Did they come out with a Hillary "impact" in declaring war on some small country, like Hillary likes to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections