Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:12 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
GIULIANI:

“I’ll give you one person I just had dinner with, the head of the Correction Workers Union in New York, Norman Seabrook,” Giuliani said.
Seabrook is “an African-American, enormously well respected by everyone in the African-American community. He said to me tonight, ‘I’m endorsing Donald Trump, because he can get jobs.'”

“Donald Trump can do what Ronald Reagan did,” Giuliani insisted.

“He can reach over and he can get Reagan Democrats.

”Trump can “also get African-Americans, believe it or not, Latinos, because he’s not tarred by the long connection with the Republican Party that we all have,” Giuliani said.

“Blacks have this feeling about the Republican Party that we’re anti-black, anti-Hispanic. We’re not. But they have that feeling. He doesn’t carry that burden with him. He could reach over and he could be an enormously powerful general election candidate.”

Giuliani explained that Trump will get support from Latinos because Trump can bring them jobs, work, lift the economy, and create growth.

“America’s Mayor” then drew a parallel between Trump and Reagan suggesting,

“Trump can reach out the way Ronald Reagan was able to reach out to the union workers, who were all Democrats but they voted for him because they felt he could increase their wages”

Read more: Giuliani Chooses Trump Over Cruz Because Trump's 'More Practical' | The Daily Caller
tl;dr: Mr. Trump = Reagan 2.0

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:51 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Opps. Another establishment Republican now supports Trump.

Giuliani Chooses Trump Over Cruz Because Trump's 'More Practical' | The Daily Caller

But, But, But, I thought Cruz was the establishment???

Old 03-17-2016, 01:01 PM

25,967 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm sure Rudy has been the benefactor of some TrumpBucks in the past. In any case, what a choice for Republicans - Cruz or Trump.
Cruz really isn't a "choice" to most once you get away from, well, everyone knows. And Trump is a better choice the pre-determined Democratic choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Giuliani is not the point, he is an opportunist, a canary in the mine, you have several senators who are now behind trump, they are certainly cracks in the stop trump movement.
Angry voters might send all the GOP home and perhaps, people are encouraging their senators to endorse Trump. That gives me an idea! Got to do some emails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
But, But, But, I thought Cruz was the establishment???
I don't whether Cruz is establishment or not is his biggest problem. That would probably be pretty far down the long list of Cruz's problems.

Giuliani is correct on Cruz and Kasich, they need to leave. Actually, I thought they would be gone before Rubio.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,492,692 times
That's a great and powerful endorsement. Trump needs to take New York! The train is building momentum!

Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Cruz really isn't a "choice" to most once you get away from, well, everyone knows. And Trump is a better choice the pre-determined Democratic choice.

Angry voters might send all the GOP home and perhaps, people are encouraging their senators to endorse Trump. That gives me an idea! Got to do some emails!

I don't whether Cruz is establishment or not is his biggest problem. That would probably be pretty far down the long list of Cruz's problems.

Giuliani is correct on Cruz and Kasich, they need to leave. Actually, I thought they would be gone before Rubio.
Naw, I never thought Cruz would be gone before Rubio. I suspected that the establishment was soundly endorsing Rubio when their first pick, Jeb! completely failed, but I also knew that a LOT of people absolutely despised Rubio for no other reason than this immigration Gang of 8 garbage. He ran on a Tea Party platform, and then turned his back on them all once he walked in on his first day. Tea Party types do not forget things like that, nor do they forgive. (And apparently I have to keep freakin' making this clear: Just because I know what Tea Partiers were feeling doesn't mean I am, or ever have been, a part of it. I have not. Not even when I voted for Paul was I a "tea party" member. I have been a Conservative who has wanted the Republican party to remember what the hell a Conservative actually is.)

Anyway, Kasich I thought would drop out before Rubio, then Rubio, then it would be down to Cruz and Trump who would battle it out. According to Cruz supporters, the establishments hate him, too, but I don't see it.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:43 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times
In the words of Trump (regarding Romney) Why should Cruz listen to a loser like Giuliani? His presidential campaign was a disaster!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections