Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:38 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Not gonna click that link. How long you been a fan of beck?
I was the one that posted the link. The discovery of Trump's two minute turnaround came from an MSM reporter. Please feel free to click or not, but don't deflect because you hate the messenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
well hillary is your gal than! She never ever ever ever lies....really!
You've never lied? Wow, you must be a real saint. Anyway, if Trump and Clinton are the 2 nominees, she can hit him with facts & figures and he'll attack her with insults. Since his supporters don't care too much about facts, they'll remain loyal, but she should win handily. I mean, there are only so many times you can insult a person and be taken seriously. Eventually you need to know how our government works or at least the names of world leaders.

I hate to even think about this, but it's possible Ted Cruz might be the nominee if Trump cancels any more debates. I'll give him a pass for canceling the one in Utah, because of the timing conflict with AIPAC, but he can't keep avoiding debates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Isn't lying one of the pre-requisites for being a politician.
Yup! Also, making promises that you can't keep is another bad habit. (guess that's a form of lying)

Old 03-18-2016, 05:48 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,682,949 times
I'm surprised it took two minutes.
Usually he is quicker.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
He's practicing lying so he'll be able to debate hillary. He's gonna have to get a lot of practice in to beat her at it ! It doesn't take 2 minutes for her to get two lies out !
Excellent tactic. When confronted with the FACT that Trump literally lied within two minutes (I saw this on the Today show myself), Trumpsters deflect and pivot. It won't work forever pal.

Maybe Trump needs to consult with someone other than himself even though he 'says a lot of words'.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:08 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I was the one that posted the link. The discovery of Trump's two minute turnaround came from an MSM reporter. Please feel free to click or not, but don't deflect because you hate the messenger.
If this is why you can't vote for Trump how can you vote for Cruz?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:15 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
I have openly stated that I support Ted Cruz. Early on, I was open to Trump, but these kinds of actions, have confirmed for me that he has the same character and arrogance of Obama (whom I NEVER voted for) and this is just another example of why I cannot vote for him.
There are only a few people on CD where I pay mind as to who they support. I'll try to remember that you are a Cruz supporter now that you have been nice enough to tell me. Most of the anti-Trumps are loath to admit who they really support.

All I can say to that is that I voted for Obama in '08. Discovered that he lied about everything he promised, refused to vote for him in '12, and I didn't vote for that greaseball goof Romney either. So now, in '16, I'm going with the anti-establishment candidate. This is what separates Trump from the rest except Bernie. And Bernie chooses to support a party that has rigged the election against him so he can't possibly win.

So Trump it is.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If this is why you can't vote for Trump how can you vote for Cruz?

I can vote for Cruz because he has spent his entire career upholding the Constitutional rights of US Citizens.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:32 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Quote:
I can vote for Cruz because he has spent his entire career upholding the Constitutional rights of US Citizens.
A Breakdown of Ted Cruz's Abysmal History of Repeated Lies - Forward Progressives
but lies?

Old 03-18-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There are only a few people on CD where I pay mind as to who they support. I'll try to remember that you are a Cruz supporter now that you have been nice enough to tell me. Most of the anti-Trumps are loath to admit who they really support.

All I can say to that is that I voted for Obama in '08. Discovered that he lied about everything he promised, refused to vote for him in '12, and I didn't vote for that greaseball goof Romney either. So now, in '16, I'm going with the anti-establishment candidate. This is what separates Trump from the rest except Bernie. And Bernie chooses to support a party that has rigged the election against him so he can't possibly win.

So Trump it is.
I was guilted into voting in 2008 and 2012 for the establishment candidate. I never could have voted for Obama. I have voted for Reagan and for Clinton. I did not vote for a Presidential candidate in the Gore/Bush election and it is looking like I will not be voting for a Presidential candidate in this election.

I can understand the draw to Trump by his supporters, but I just can't vote for another non-Conservative.

Old 03-18-2016, 06:42 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,128,192 times
Were these interviews live.? Could it be possible that one interview was played in the wrong order? Maybe he watched it between interviews

In any case...MAN is he getting attacked from all sides. Makes me want to vote for him more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections