Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This debacle needs a once and for all ruling and should be retroactive back to the day after the idiot Reagan's amnesty.

Anyone that has come here illegally since 86, anyone born to those illegals and any subsequent anchors from the family line shall be deported.

Any visa overstayer and the kids they had after the expiration of their visa shall be deported and citizenship shall be stripped.
Thanks for offering up this extremely hateful, far-fetched fantasy scenario, but do you have any ideas that have a smidgen of hope of becoming reality?

Old 04-03-2016, 08:55 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Thanks for offering up this extremely hateful, far-fetched fantasy scenario, but do you have any ideas that have a smidgen of hope of becoming reality?
Hateful?! Ummm no. I don't care if you're from Mexico, ireland, or China. If you're illegal ya have to go

Old 04-03-2016, 08:57 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
I hear ya. I love in a large suburb of Chicago. Tons of illegals running amok. Gangs. No insurance. No English. Terrible drivers. Clogging up roads and ERs. Ughhhh
Translation: I saw a few Hispanics on my block. Therefore, illegal immigrant gangbangers have overrun my neighborhood.

The defeat of Trump can't come soon enough.

Quote:
Hateful?! Ummm no. I don't care if you're from Mexico, ireland, or China. If you're illegal ya have to go
Like I said, good luck with that.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:58 PM

Probably won't happen but what could happen is the wall would be built. All illegals, including visa overstayers, and their kids under 18 could be deported. Mandatory EVerify and 25000 dollar fine for every illegal employee. And ICE RAIDS!

Old 04-03-2016, 09:03 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I live in the mid-Atlantic and it showed up at my back door starting in the late 90s. They've created flophouses, some with 20-30 people living in them. They destroyed the once good schools to the point that the once good elementary school that my daughter attended now can't get full accreditation from the state. They brought gangs and shootings. Due to the flophouses, they've created parking problemhs and more gridlock on the road. The local politicians all turn a blind eye to it, too.
I've seen the town I live in double and triple in population with a significant number of illegals making their new homes here. The place use to be a quiet town with little crime, good schools. Now a huge number of students in grade school don't even speak English and are taught in Spanish. Crime rates have sky rocketed and you hear police and emergency vehicle sirens almost constantly. You can't go to the store without someone starting to speak Spanish to you as if you're in a foreign country and English was the foreign language.
Illegal immigration effects almost every aspect of your life from the taxes you pay, to healthcare costs, auto insurance costs to the quality of education your children receive and the value of your property.
Those that are now turning a blind eye to it are going to get fed up really fast when it starts affecting them personally.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:05 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Probably won't happen but what could happen is the wall would be built. All illegals, including visa overstayers, and their kids under 18 could be deported. Mandatory EVerify and 25000 dollar fine for every illegal employee. And ICE RAIDS!
And jail time for repeat offenders of people that employ illegals. Without being able to find easy jobs they'll deport themselves quickly in large numbers.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Translation: I saw a few Hispanics on my block. Therefore, illegal immigrant gangbangers have overrun my neighborhood.

The defeat of Trump can't come soon enough.

Like I said, good luck with that.
Don't give me that nonsense. I'm a police officer and see the destruction illegals cause. And the 100 to 200 BILLION they cost each year. This is not about racism. My sister in law is from Mexico but her parents are legal and so is she. They are Americans. I have dated several Hispanic women.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:16 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
This really needs to happen in America, but because of our vast size and varied ways of life, millions of people don't think it's a problem until it shows up on their back door.
I'm more bothered by the "birth tourism." That won't be stopped by a wall since they fly here. They have the babies, leave here, come back in 18 years just in time to get into college.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:17 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm more bothered by the "birth tourism." That won't be stopped by a wall since they fly here. They have the babies, leave here, come back in 18 years just in time to get into college.
Which in and of itself is hysterical as the parents could have applied the correct way and been here sooner.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Does not this get old for you people?

Las Vegas has the highest percentage of illegals among the large cities but has virtually no problem. Phoenix has a lower though also high percentage and clalims to have a terrible problem. Tucson mostly goes with Las Vegas. El Paso has little trouble even though it is right there. San Diego has little trouble.

So it appears some cities have properties that attract bad illegals while many do not. Perhaps we should discover why some are troubled and some are not?

Changing birth right citizenship requires massive support probably something like 75%. That is not about to happen.

Even tightening down the Everify requirement is virtually impossible. The US business community opposes it strongly and has the capability to hold its position against anything but a consensus and there is no consensus.

Don't you people ever tire of this hopeless and self defeating war? .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections