Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Probably won't happen but what could happen is the wall would be built. All illegals, including visa overstayers, and their kids under 18 could be deported. Mandatory EVerify and 25000 dollar fine for every illegal employee. And ICE RAIDS!
The wall isn't going to stop anything. Mexicans are experts in building tunnels. (How do you think that one drug cartel kingpin got out of jail?) We put up the wall, they'll build more tunnels.

So many come in by air too.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Which in and of itself is hysterical as the parents could have applied the correct way and been here sooner.
They don't want to live here. These people are primarily wealthy Asians (Chinese mostly) who want to live in China but have American babies because our colleges are better. So, they come here pregnant, have the baby, fly home.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I've seen the town I live in double and triple in population with a significant number of illegals making their new homes here. The place use to be a quiet town with little crime, good schools. Now a huge number of students in grade school don't even speak English and are taught in Spanish. Crime rates have sky rocketed and you hear police and emergency vehicle sirens almost constantly. You can't go to the store without someone starting to speak Spanish to you as if you're in a foreign country and English was the foreign language.
Illegal immigration effects almost every aspect of your life from the taxes you pay, to healthcare costs, auto insurance costs to the quality of education your children receive and the value of your property.
Those that are now turning a blind eye to it are going to get fed up really fast when it starts affecting them personally.
These anecdotes don't sound made up. At all.

No, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Don't give me that nonsense. I'm a police officer and see the destruction illegals cause. And the 100 to 200 BILLION they cost each year. This is not about racism. My sister in law is from Mexico but her parents are legal and so is she. They are Americans. I have dated several Hispanic women.
That $100 billion statistic isn't based on any reliable data. You can stop using it now.

You dated Hispanics? Is this the new "some of my bride friends are Black"?

Old 04-03-2016, 09:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The wall isn't going to stop anything. Mexicans are experts in building tunnels. (How do you think that one drug cartel kingpin got out of jail?) We put up the wall, they'll build more tunnels.

I hope you're just kidding because THAT kind of stuff WOULD require our Armed Forces to use ANY level of force needed to stop that threat and, Mexico would flip. Period.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Does not this get old for you people?

Las Vegas has the highest percentage of illegals among the large cities but has virtually no problem. Phoenix has a lower though also high percentage and clalims to have a terrible problem. Tucson mostly goes with Las Vegas. El Paso has little trouble even though it is right there. San Diego has little trouble.

So it appears some cities have properties that attract bad illegals while many do not. Perhaps we should discover why some are troubled and some are not?

Changing birth right citizenship requires massive support probably something like 75%. That is not about to happen.

Even tightening down the Everify requirement is virtually impossible. The US business community opposes it strongly and has the capability to hold its position against anything but a consensus and there is no consensus.

Don't you people ever tire of this hopeless and self defeating war? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

No, really.

That $100 billion statistic isn't based on any reliable data. You can stop using it now.

STOP defending those despicable illegal alien lawbreakers; Mexico or NOT Mexican, and maybe us antis won't be calling you people out on it when you defend those losers.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Fail. There's technology to discover underground tunnels

Old 04-03-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

No, really.

Los Angeles county spent 1 BILLION in one year. That's one county. Another fail.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Undocumented LA County Parents On Pace To Receive $650M In Welfare Benefits « CBS Los Angeles

Old 04-03-2016, 11:11 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times
Benefits for them, or for their US born children?

Illegal immigrants in California PAID $3.2 billion in taxes last year. They're nowhere near the drain right-wingers make them out to be, I'm fact, most data suggests they're not a drain at all.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I hope you're just kidding because THAT kind of stuff WOULD require our Armed Forces to use ANY level of force needed to stop that threat and, Mexico would flip. Period.
No I am not kidding. They build tunnels starting under one building in Mexico to another building in the USA. Big long tunnels. Some of them are lighted. Drug 'super tunnel' with railway raided on Mexico border - CNN.com That one had a railway in it.

"The tunnel is the tenth large-scale drug smuggling tunnel discovered in the San Diego area since 2006. In all, authorities have found more than 75 cross-border smuggling tunnels, mostly in California and Arizona, prosecutors said."

Inside Mexico's Drug Tunnels - Photo Essays - TIME

And just think -- We only know about the ones they find. I imagine there are ones that they don't find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections