Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 02:23 PM

404 posts, read 366,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'm always curious where these numbers come from since how can you count people who are here illegally when many want to remain anonymous and in hiding? How do you count them?
Also, the article even if true and I doubt it is, says that illegal immigration has stabilized. That certainly doesn't mean they still aren't coming here by the millions.
Another misconception is that these articles that tend to minimize the impact of illegals never take into account that these people are coming here and having babies. These babies of illegals of course are not illegal themselves because of laws but they may as well be since their parents broke the law to come here and have them here.
The real number of illegals including their offspring is much higher. I've seen estimates of up to more than 30 million when their American born kids are counted.
"American born" means non immigrant..

Old 04-03-2016, 02:27 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Six months ago the public was evenly divided on support for a border wall. Six months later, that support has fallen off by a margin of 38% still in favor, but 58% now against.

Pew poll: Support for border wall with Mexico drops to … 38/58 « Hot Air

What changed?

In a word: Trump. As one pundit put it on Twitter: "It could be that Trump has made the issue so his thing that it basically meant if you're against Trump you're against the wall."
Another poll based on lies. The majority want the wall and the illegals deported

Old 04-03-2016, 02:28 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
"American born" means non immigrant..
Exactly, but the only reason the are called "non immigrant" is because their parents are here illegally and had them here. They should have never been born here to begin with and live the same life of an illegal as their parents do. That's why in reality, the real number is much higher than the tiny 11,000,000. Hell, there's nearly that many in CA alone.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Perfect. The GOP says the voters really want Nikki Haley to be the nominee. They seem to be very in touch with the voters. So we will see.
No They don't want nimrata Randhawa (nikkis real name) she is a fraud

Old 04-03-2016, 02:59 PM

404 posts, read 366,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Exactly, but the only reason the are called "non immigrant" is because their parents are here illegally and had them here. They should have never been born here to begin with and live the same life of an illegal as their parents do. That's why in reality, the real number is much higher than the tiny 11,000,000. Hell, there's nearly that many in CA alone.

It doesn't matter, Due to the 14th amendment, you cannot legally deport an American citizen.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:08 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
America needs a wall. Without a wall and border there is no America.

If the wall could stop half the drugs and half the illegals from strolling in America would be a better place. What about the illegals that go on to commit terrible crimes then we find out that the person had been deported numerous times. I think the victims should be able to sue the federal gov. for not protecting us.

The President takes an oath of office to protect America from enemies both foreign and domestic. Today we have foreign enemies that are living here in the US and nothing is being done.

The writing is on the wall and our elected are either too stupid or choose not to read it.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:22 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter, Due to the 14th amendment, you cannot legally deport an American citizen.
And that is one of the major problems. Not deporting them, but not allowing them to be U.S. citizens just because your parents are getting away with being here illegally.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
30 "illegals" a day would double the population of Hidalgo within one year. Next time, tell the townspeople not to lie so blatantly, it makes them look like Trump supporters.

Illegal immigration = flat since 2009. This is an epidemic only in the mind of xenophobes and right-wingers. You know, like the poster I quoted? The one who thinks Latinos are trying to destroy White culture?
The REST of the illegal aliens in the US still need to go home and, stay OUT of here. Period.

It's not my fault that LatAm's such a mess from 1 end to the other. Their culture pretty much sucks.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:

Oh, money and land you say? Hmm, where have I read this before..oh yes yes yes! You mean just like whites did when they took over Texas(Mexico) and killed the Native Americans back in the 17 and 1800s?
What's that got to do with anything in 2016? NONE of us were alive back then and, that's the way things were done.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:32 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yep, and Hilary has made her thing "no borders" for that exact reason. Either we will have a large wall and legal immigration in two years or no wall, open access, and plenty of illegal workers to make most businesses happy campers.

Since I've given up on this political swindle I'm burying my head in the sand at a nice beach until it's over. I'll pick up the pieces of said decision at that point.

As far as Mr. Trump goes, he's clearly an Independent who ran on the Republican ticket. Nothing more, nothing less. That is why he gets votes from all sides. These votes are a cry from the people for jobs. They don't give a rats ass what else he says or does, he had them at more jobs.
Under Hillary, every city will be a sanctuary city.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 04-03-2016 at 03:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections