Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Will You vote For?
Marco Rubio/Nikki Haley 6 12.50%
Hillary Clinton/Huma Abedin 7 14.58%
3rd Party (Trump, Sanders, Lib., whatever) 31 64.58%
Won't or Can't vote. (Age, Illegal, Convicted Felon, Just plain mad) 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 10:17 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times

Advertisements

I cannot stand any of the candidates.

But, there is only one who I absolutely could not vote for.

I cannot imagine that we may be electing the wife of a recent POTUS.

In all of the USA, we cannot find anyone better than the wife of a recent POTUS?

We're going to elect a husband and wife to POTUS? Really?

Does nobody else think this is incredible?

Oh well, the Roman republic lasted 500 years. We're nearing 250. But, we've been losing our republic for a long, long time, already.

I think its lost, for good, honestly.

Most Americans have no idea what our Constitution does, or how or why it was ratified. They have no idea of the debate that preceded ratification of our Constitution. They have no idea why the States came together to for a General Government to do only certain limited things that the States themselves could not do.

Can't stand Trump, or Cruz, or Bernie, or Clinton. But, I cannot imagine that we are getting set to elect the wife of a recent POTUS.

Is there really nobody else? In the entire country, we have to look to the wife of a recent POTUS?

The Republic is lost. Usher in the imperial family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 10:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I cannot stand any of the candidates.

But, there is only one who I absolutely could not vote for.

I cannot imagine that we may be electing the wife of a recent POTUS.

In all of the USA, we cannot find anyone better than the wife of a recent POTUS?

We're going to elect a husband and wife to POTUS? Really?

Does nobody else think this is incredible?

Oh well, the Roman republic lasted 500 years. We're nearing 250. But, we've been losing our republic for a long, long time, already.

I think its lost, for good, honestly.

Most Americans have no idea what our Constitution does, or how or why it was ratified. They have no idea of the debate that preceded ratification of our Constitution. They have no idea why the States came together to for a General Government to do only certain limited things that the States themselves could not do.

Can't stand Trump, or Cruz, or Bernie, or Clinton. But, I cannot imagine that we are getting set to elect the wife of a recent POTUS.

Is there really nobody else? In the entire country, we have to look to the wife of a recent POTUS?

The Republic is lost. Usher in the imperial family!
I enjoyed reading your response.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:48 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Huma for V.P.!?! I thought she was going to be Hillary's First Lady.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:53 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Under this scenario, there would probably be no electoral college majority so it would go to Congress who would install Jeb! as our next President.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Huma for V.P.!?! I thought she was going to be Hillary's First Lady.

Most likely, if for some reason the GOP destroys it's easiest chance to win the White House in the last 100 years, and Hillary is elected, then no doubt that Huma will be made the Chief of Staff as a minimum. Anthony Wiener and Bill Clinton will be wing men for terrorizing the interns without concern.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:20 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Most likely, if for some reason the GOP destroys it's easiest chance to win the White House in the last 100 years, and Hillary is elected, then no doubt that Huma will be made the Chief of Staff as a minimum. Anthony Wiener and Bill Clinton will be wing men for terrorizing the interns without concern.
Actually...I was picturing Hillary and Huma "playing politics" with each other in the Lincoln Bedroom while Bill and Anthony were off with the interns. Sorry if I made you lose lunch at that mental picture, folks.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:07 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Rubio/Haley? LOL!!!!

Old 04-03-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Actually...I was picturing Hillary and Huma "playing politics" with each other in the Lincoln Bedroom while Bill and Anthony were off with the interns. Sorry if I made you lose lunch at that mental picture, folks.

Wouldn't be the first time a Clinton robbed the cradle like that in the WH no less. 30 years difference in their ages.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
The Republican will more likely be Lying Ted or Kasich, Little Marco is dead in the water. I'm surprised and heartened that the GOP is tearing apart. Usually FOX NEWS and Limbaugh wrangle in the Tea Party sheep but it seems like Trump is their new cult leader who will lead them over the cliff.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:53 PM

9,370 posts, read 14,319,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
How can I vote in any poll that lumps Trump and Sanders together? It indicates a blinkered view on your part.
No, it indicates blinders and lack of independent thinking on your part.

Trump and Sanders, or better said the policies they represent, complement each other in several major ways.

Several people on this forum - which is by no means reflective of the general electorate, blind and dependent - would vote either/or both Trump and Sanders as first choice, and I understand them.

The OP's point is that most likely we are going to get the de facto Establishment Party's status quo, whether we like it or not, so he is asking how many people on this forum find that disgusting to one degree or another.

That's it, really.

And more than 2/3 on this poll, even if a fraction of regular posters on this forum, have expressed some form of disgust, and that is hardly surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections